Nike Free Trainer 5.0 TB (3/28/13)

Think I'm going to try and cop the Team Jones trainers. Has anyone seen the original Jones trainers in a 8.5 or 9? For some reason I slept on them when they dropped and now I can't find a pair to save my life.

Think I'm going to try and cop the Team Jones trainers. Has anyone seen the original Jones trainers in a 8.5 or 9? For some reason I slept on them when they dropped and now I can't find a pair to save my life.
You and me both

The original JBJs go for upwards of $500, if you can even find a pair.

Last edited:
They quietly released recently. I seen those, the white/royal blue, white/red, and white/navy at my local Foot Locker. Finish Line is getting them too. Mine didn't. I'll probably get the royal blue ones tomorrow. NFL team coaches and staff were wearing them on the sidelines. Weren't they wearing 360 air max as well? I thought I seen those too.

They quietly released recently. I seen those, the white/royal blue, white/red, and white/navy at my local Foot Locker. Finish Line is getting them too. Mine didn't. I'll probably get the royal blue ones tomorrow. NFL team coaches and staff were wearing them on the sidelines. Weren't they wearing 360 air max as well? I thought I seen those too.

Any white/navy available still in 10.5?

I was gonna post a link to those new 5.0s I found, too. Release date is different, though. Those shoes look like something new balance would put out. They are really reducing the heel to toe height ratio, which is in keeping w/ the barefoot trend. Those colorways are nasty.

My main gripe w/ this line, after three different versions, is the cushioning dies mad quick. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, some ppl have found a link to the fingertrap max 180s. anyone seen a 360 version not just on coaches' feet?

A huge step backwards in design.  The Original Free Trainer 5.0 was awesome, not just because of the comfort, but because of the groundbreaking design.  That was the first shoe to incorporate a "Chinese finger-trap" design on the upper, and that provided the shoe with numerous colorblocking options and an eye-catching design.

The new Free Trainer 5.0 looks like a generic Nike shoe, bland and boring.  Yes, it is probably very comfortable aswell, but the design is what won me over and made me purchase a pair of Free Trainer 5.0s.

I'm liking the style of the finger trap better than this, but will still give the new one a try.
Yeah looks very plain, and like any other cross trainer Nike has offered in the past.  As someone already said the finger locking design of the current shoe presented so many color options.

I was gonna post a link to those new 5.0s I found, too. Release date is different, though. Those shoes look like something new balance would put out. They are really reducing the heel to toe height ratio, which is in keeping w/ the barefoot trend. Those colorways are nasty.

My main gripe w/ this line, after three different versions, is the cushioning dies mad quick. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, some ppl have found a link to the fingertrap max 180s. anyone seen a 360 version not just on coaches' feet?

The cushion dies fast because the insole is the only thing cushioned, but...I don't expect cushioning in frees; they are supposed to be a barefoot feel which is minimal cushioning; maximum flexibility. Frees used to come with a disclaimer warning to not wear them repeatedly...they are meant for strengthening of the feet... I don't think they do now.

You should expect cushioning in the 5 and the 7, less in the 3. Not unreasonable to expect it to withstand 4 day a week training sessions. The only disclaimer I recall is the break in period.

To hell with the new frees man...Weak, weak, weak, weak. The fingertrap design is what I love about these shoes. They are my daily wear/coach shoe along with the Warren Sapp digi camo 7.0. Those Bone Jones are going to be hard to get I am sure.

Last year the free tr 5.0 was the football team shoe for most universities. Can't see these being that this year. Wonder what will be?

I still see those being a possibility to release to the public. I hope so. I really like the look of the shoe. It would kind of defeat the purpose of the free style but I don't really care. I'm not going to be cross training much while needing a hip replacement.

Read the info on the shoe and from a performance stand point these look promising. I'm excited abt these

Back
Top Bottom