NIKE+ FUELBAND --- Nike's Big Announcement (1/19/12)

Kudos to Nike on the great customer service with getting my damaged FuelBand replaced without any hassles.  Was able to switch out my 1st generation FuelBand for a FuelBand SE since they do not have any of the 1st generation ones anymore. :smokin

Did the same thing. Although I have had 3 1st generation s that have all been replaced. Never had a problem taking them back

Worth a purchase? was thinking of buying one

I'd have to say no after having one since the release. it's a decent little gimmick to keep you motivated but that novelty wears off. I wear mine more out of habit more than anything.

unless you can get one at a decent discount if look at other options or pass all together.

Kudos to Nike on the great customer service with getting my damaged FuelBand replaced without any hassles.  Was able to switch out my 1st generation FuelBand for a FuelBand SE since they do not have any of the 1st generation ones anymore. :smokin

What happened to your old one? I tried to get my 1st gen fuelband switched out but they weren't having any of that.

What happened to your old one? I tried to get my 1st gen fuelband switched out but they weren't having any of that.
All 3 of my 1st generation fuel bands had problems with the button sticking. Nike replaced all 3 with no problem. They upgraded me to the SE on the last replacement

got mine for 40 off that dailysteal site

black ice
damn when was that

im about to just cop one for $50 shipped but id rather have the new one. but with people saying both are inaccurate idk if its worth spending another $50+ to get a slightly updated one

don't know how deep you are into what you want out of it but all I need is how many steps I take, calls burned and the time lol

the firmware update makes the 1st gen and se damn near identical

there are just certain extra things you can look at on the app with the se

but nothing major

found 1st gen for cheap brand new.

worth a buy or nah?
Personally, I don't think it's worth it...  Even for $50.  Nike has shown over the past few years that it doesn't plan on supporting its Nike+ products, e.g., Nike Sports+ which died before the original "Sports Pack" HyperDunk and Lunar TR1 made it through a full season.

As for the Fuelband specifically, Nike dissolved the Fuelband team...  My guess is to focus solely on software/Apple's iWatch.

http://www.cnet.com/news/nike-fires-fuelband-engineers-will-stop-making-wearable-hardware/

Yea thats what i was looking at but hearing refurbished suck and a lot of people have issues with battery and not working. im gonna pass

My old one wouldn't stay on my wrist.  It was also still under the 1-year warranty so I was able to get it replaced easily.

If you have any issues and need to send it in, do you need receipt? :nerd:
Nope . First fuelband I got was from ebay for $100 (white retailed for $150 at the time). Eventually the button got jammed and I called Nike, gave them the serial number that's under the band, and was able to go to a local NT and get another with ease . You can also request another color which was nice since the white ice gets yellowish-brown after some time :x

Last edited:
to those looking to buy the first gen....i would cop the  fuelband, and if it goes bad id try to get nike to upgrade me to a SE. 

dont know if theyll check to see if its been refurbished though

to those looking to buy the first gen....i would cop the  fuelband, and if it goes bad id try to get nike to upgrade me to a SE. 
dont know if theyll check to see if its been refurbished though

doubt they will see its refurbished but i dont know how it works in store especially after 1 year which i would assme with the serial number these are all over a year old easily

Fuelband came in and it's too small. Think if I call the local outlet they'll replace it? :nerd:

Heads up: If you bought that one up there from eBay it does NOT come with the extension links. Amazon has them for $12 with free shipping.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom