Nike Giannis Freak 6 - Roses slated for August 16, 2024

Since Giannis Antetokounmpo's first signature sneaker launch with Nike in 2019, the basketball world has keenly watched the evolution of the Zoom Freak line, mirroring Giannis's meteoric rise in the NBA. Recognized for his versatility on the court, Giannis and his signature sneakers have always aimed to support the dynamic needs of basketball athletes. Holiday 2024 marks a pivotal moment as we move into a new era, as the series will be undergoing a name change with the sixth iteration, the Nike Giannis Freak 6.

While specifics about the Nike Giannis Freak 6's design and technological advancements remain under wraps, the anticipation builds around what Nike has in store for Giannis' sixth signature model. With the name no longer hosting Zoom in the title, Nike may incorporate some other cushioning for the sneaker, though that has yet to be seen. For one of its launch colorways, the model will come in a timeless Black White makeover with plenty more to come down the line.

The Nike Giannis Freak 6 White Black will release in Holiday 2024 through Nike and select retailers online and in-store. Available in men’s and GS sizing, the retail price is set at $140 for men and $105 for GS.

This is the first color slated to come out with this pending signature line:

Nike Giannis Freak 6 White/Black
Color: White/Black-Wolf Grey
Style Code: FJ7792-102 (men); FQ7378-101 (GS)
Release Date: Holiday 2024
Price: $140 (men); $105 (GS)

Is this an official press release from somewhere? I don't entirely expect that new name to be official, both leaving out "Zoom" and adding "Giannis." I could certainly see that sometime they might change to a different cushioning system, but calling it the "Giannis Freak" is awkward, and I sort of doubt that will be the actual name of the shoe.

If that's not the official name of the shoe, I would call into question whether or not they're actually switching away from Zoom, too.

On another note, I'm happy to see that the first color should be something palatable and clean!

Last edited:
Is this an official press release from somewhere? I don't entirely expect that new name to be official, both leaving out "Zoom" and adding "Giannis." I could certainly see that sometime they might change to a different cushioning system, but calling it the "Giannis Freak" is awkward, and I sort of doubt that will be the actual name of the shoe.

If that's not the official name of the shoe, I would call into question whether or not they're actually switching away from Zoom, too.

On another note, I'm happy to see that the first color should be something palatable and clean!

That was not an official press release because I just copied and pasted it from a credible site, Sole Retriever. I recently got in the habit of copying and pasting summaries of pending shoe releases whenever I create threads for them last week. I felt I should try to make a thread informative at least with the initial post so peeps have an idea. It's also more convenient for it to be readily posted instead of having to click on a link to read it.

I always try to stay diligent with revising thread titles with whatever I create whenever changes transpire with the topic. Unlike fools on this site who create threads and don't revise them whenever changes transpire. It's also asinine for fools who create threads to have hashtags in their posts because this ain't a social network.

It's pretty much a formality with changes with the name, speculative mock-up, design sketch, etc. whenever there's a pending release with any shoe. At least we know that this one is the sixth signature for Giannis that's slated to come out later this year.

Man I don't even know what to say anymore.. well maybe I just wait for some better pics and tech specs before judging these.

Nike Giannis Freak 6 “Roses”
Color: Coconut Milk/Aster Pink-Sail-University Red-Sanddrift
Style Code: FV1295-100
Release Date: August 16, 2024
Price: $150
1713511907513.png

1713511931570.png

1713511951196.png

1713512035339.png

1713512107960.png

Back
Top Bottom