Nike Golf gives Tiger commemorative shoes

blco02

Banned
http://web.tigerwoods.com...le/200906175372176/news/

moz-screenshot.jpg

Tiger Woods usually gets plenty of gifts from sponsors. But he'll gt something particularly special from Nike this week.

For the 2009 U.S. Open at Bethpage State Park in Farmingdale, N.Y., Nike is providing custom-made Air Force 1s to all of its athletes who are playing in the event. The shoes are each personalized with the player's name, and they have an outline of the New York City skyline on them.

Nike ID helped with the color and design, and Woods' pair is in his traditional Sunday red with a black swoosh. In addition to the skyline, the rear of the shoe features the sites of his three previous U.S. Open wins -- "Pebble Beach '00," "Bethpage Black '02" and "Torrey Pines '08."

These are not shoes to be worn on the course, obviously, but they are for the players to keep as souvenirs of their week on Long Island. Some of the other players sponsored by Nike have been seen wearing the shoes during their time off the course, so it's clear that they have been a hit with the athletes.

The Nike Air Force 1 has been one of the company's most popular shoes for years. These commemorative versions are not available to the public, so fans can only hope to see Tiger walking around in them during his time away from the Black Course.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

I hate AF1s. I would have expected Nike to pull out something much nicer for Tiger

co-sign....Nike your job is to make a shoe that fits the athlete....%#@ is that....Git Tinker Hatfield on the horn an let em do work.

Tiger shoulda BEEN had a hot pair of sig shoes. Nike is slippin on one of the top athletes in the world. Kinda ridiculous

Why do people who don't need free stuff always get free stuff. I doubt tiger needs or wants a pair of Uptowns.

with the way he trains(weights, running ect) i'm suprised nike hasn't expanded his line to offer some cross-training shoes/clothes.

very ugly, a simple AF1 with the bethpage logo embroidered on the heel would have been simply amazing. these are hideous, and do not fit in with golf at all.

Back
Top Bottom