Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

Look closer at that report card. It's a B, lol. Someone pointed it out in the comments, the score is like 89, 86, etc, but the card says "A" lol.
IMG_1097.jpeg

Here are the 2’s for comparison… (i know they added a summary in the 3’s, just sharing the full review)
IMG_1096.jpeg

Tried the 3’s on the other day and wasn’t really impressed with how they felt. I know they need some break in time but I’m really on the fence with this model. Wanna buy a pair just to try but lately I’ve been able to tell right away if a shoe is going to work for me.

IMG_1097.jpeg

Here are the 2’s for comparison… (i know they added a summary in the 3’s, just sharing the full review)
IMG_1096.jpeg

Tried the 3’s on the other day and wasn’t really impressed with how they felt. I know they need some break in time but I’m really on the fence with this model. Wanna buy a pair just to try but lately I’ve been able to tell right away if a shoe is going to work for me.
No way at $190, but under $130 they are nice on court. They do take a couple of games to break in but the midsole is nice and responsive but still absorbs impact well. Love them in court.

No way at $190, but under $130 they are nice on court. They do take a couple of games to break in but the midsole is nice and responsive but still absorbs impact well. Love them in court.
Thanks.

I saw that there are several pairs discounted on NDC for $120-130 at the moment….plus I still have a 10% bday code I need to use by the end of the month.

From what I gather from most reviews these seem like something that would be in the same family as a Boost setup. Not sure if these are using more or less Zoom X than they do in the runners, but I always felt like the pairs I own aren’t really something that I want to wear regularly. Very comfortable, but borderline too soft… something I wear on recovery days or times where I’m not really concerned with my run pace. Wondering if that’s how the bball version of Zoom X feels…

Thanks.

I saw that there are several pairs discounted on NDC for $120-130 at the moment….plus I still have a 10% bday code I need to use by the end of the month.

From what I gather from most reviews these seem like something that would be in the same family as a Boost setup. Not sure if these are using more or less Zoom X than they do in the runners, but I always felt like the pairs I own aren’t really something that I want to wear regularly. Very comfortable, but borderline too soft… something I wear on recovery days or times where I’m not really concerned with my run pace. Wondering if that’s how the bball version of Zoom X feels…
IMO, it does feel ike there's more stability with the ZoomX in the GT3s compared to the VaporFly 2s I run in. But, it does feel a little similar to the VaporFly 3's, in terms of plushness.

I know a lot of you guys play much more hoop than I do. But I am very happy with how these perform and how comfortable they are after couple of games in.

$120 - $135 or below is the only acceptable price for the GTC3, agreed

1713405013879.png

The GT Hustle 2 Christmas colorway (Red)) or Tennis Ball Colorway (Neon Yellow) is $83 bucks.
With tax it is still around $90 or less.

The GT Cut Academy Purple/Silver Colorway is $76 bucks
With tax, it is around $84 or less.

Can't use code for any of the GT Cut 3 or GT Jump 2.

1713405013879.png

The GT Hustle 2 Christmas colorway (Red)) or Tennis Ball Colorway (Neon Yellow) is $83 bucks.
With tax it is still around $90 or less.

The GT Cut Academy Purple/Silver Colorway is $76 bucks
With tax, it is around $84 or less.

Can't use code for any of the GT Cut 3 or GT Jump 2.

Thanks for letting me know because I was gonna try for the Jumps! :rolleyes

Ok, so... I tried on the GT Cut 3's the other day. Not gonna lie NT, I wasn't blown away. Fit was somewhat long for me, and going down half size from my normal size in Nike/Jordan has always backfired. It seems like the right decision in the store and then I get an expensive pair of non-playable kicks. Did that four times before Lebron 9, KD 10, Jordan 33 and Jordan 34... never again. The GT Hustle felt very nice, but they just don't look/feel special to me. I do think they would make great hooping shoes though. In comparison, I ordered some Lebron XX on sale and they felt premium and perfect out the box. The moment I put them on, I wanted to hoop in them. So there it is... going to switch from my AJ 37 to the Lebron XX for tonight's game and see how that works out.

I do want to try the GT Jumps as well. I really like the GT Jump 1 silhouette in Summit White colorway, but not trying to pay resale tax. The GT Jump 2 is a weird looking shoe, man. lol. I guess I'll try it out at some point. My mind is telling me that my play style is Kyrie, but my age, knees, and back is telling me I'm Robert Parish.

To separate from the post above, I'd like to ask you all your opinions of the GT Jump 1 vs 2. Especially you guards out there. I'm a PG, so I'm concerned about losing court feel and quickness but that impact protection could save me from days of recovery after a league game.

To separate from the post above, I'd like to ask you all your opinions of the GT Jump 1 vs 2. Especially you guards out there. I'm a PG, so I'm concerned about losing court feel and quickness but that impact protection could save me from days of recovery after a league game.

As a pg who can also play center at 5'3 and 315 lbs of pure muscle, I had both. Jump 1 felt clunky, and the fit was terrible. The toebox was too shallow.

Jump 2 has slightly less bounce compared to the 1s, but basically comparable. More springy than the 37s too. FWIW, I was pretty quick in the 2s and able to drive and cross defenders. The only issue was the lining on the inside of my pair popped and ripped when my foot nearly came through when I went lateral. I'm currently playing in the 21s now and I miss the cushioning of the double stacked zoom.

As a pg who can also play center at 5'3 and 315 lbs of pure muscle, I had both. Jump 1 felt clunky, and the fit was terrible. The toebox was too shallow.

Jump 2 has slightly less bounce compared to the 1s, but basically comparable. More springy than the 37s too. FWIW, I was pretty quick in the 2s and able to drive and cross defenders. The only issue was the lining on the inside of my pair popped and ripped when my foot nearly came through when I went lateral. I'm currently playing in the 21s now and I miss the cushioning of the double stacked zoom.

you sound quick as a sloth, crossing up guys 5'5 400lbs

s-l1600.jpg

I only see this all black colorway for sale on Ebay and nowhere else in an official photo, so I'm guessing these are fugazi, right?

1000010160.jpg

1000010161.jpg

You can see the lining that ripped when my foot exploded through it. The exterior of the jump 2s is that plastic mesh which ripped up my socks when playing. For that reason, if you're an explosive player I would avoid the jump 2s

I know you aren't serious, but that visualization made me laugh. Thanks for the review.
I’ve had two pairs of the jump 2 - it was my favorite shoe last year. I am older (above 40) but can still get up and down the court and have a few crosses left. They are SUPER bouncy and court feel is a long gone factor but if your knees and back need a rest they are great. Traction and stability is really good.

Back
Top Bottom