Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

just a question, how long do you play? like 3 hours per session?

I'm also in disagreement with NW with some of his "personal" assessments. I don't believe the Cuts are not cushioned enough but more about the person's wear and tear. I have played in other shoes with mediocre cushion and it's not that even close to those comparing to the Cuts. I'm also more about jumping and have good amount of speed and agility. surely I jump and run a lot more than NW's spot-up jumpers. also got a bad and surgically repaired knee and have osteoarthritis. so not sure, maybe he have issues that he isn't aware of.
This is great to hear! What kind of game do you play? Can you dunk? Almost dunk or dunked back in the day? Like would you consider yourself a leaper? Block shots, that sort of thing? I can't trust Nightwing's cushion estimations on the other end - like he gets literally 11, 12 inches off the ground on his jumpers. He's not out there flying so I can't trust that part.

I think the critique of the shoe by the shoe doctor was too much movement in the shoe. But if you've got stuff stabilizing your foot and your game isn't explosive and you aren't creating tons of force by jumping relatively high and coming down with all your bodyweight on your feet, you're not going to approach problematic levels that would cause injuries.

I'm still staying away but if those eybls release I might have to "try" them again :lol:

But yeah, putting them on and moving around in them just felt weird. And since that one dude is a professional player, I'm still on the 'no' side, because I've played in dozens of shoes and when you put a shoe on, you typically know from jump, and the cuts just felt weird.

I usually don’t play for more than 2 hours (more if a lifestyle restriction that injuries).

for perspective, my build is almost identical to CP3 (big butt, minimal tone but not fat), with the exception that I’ve lifted very heavy for a number of years. Im not quick at all anymore, but I can still jump off my good legs (~26-28 inches). Playing style, I slam my body into people (kinda like that Zion spin) to use my strength to create space. I play very hard; I’m just not going by any body anymore on one leg 😂

So, from the perspective of a 32 year old strong guy with minimal speed and arthritis, I’ve had nothing but good experiences playing in these.

Y’all gotta stop blaming kicks for your injury lol

I tweaked my knee, so I’m returning these shoes 🤣🤣🤣

I've been with the nike basketball product development team this whole week and they told me they've been getting a ton of feedback from regular people/employees on campus developing achilles/plantar issues with these, so yes the shoes absolutely can cause injuries and problems. One of the engineers said he has been telling their development team for years that the drop in midsoles are not stable enough in comparison to traditional kicks but they don't listen to him. To say they don't is actually way more laughable than your stance.

One of the members of the Nike SB team was with us as well and he mentioned the same problem with drop in skate shoes. The skaters were developing lower leg injuries skating in drop in midsole kicks like the koston 1s so they had to stop pushing that tech in their serious skate shoes. but hey what do any of these guys know, shoes cant cause injuries.

Really wanna hoop in these but not gonna even try it without the 🐐 Nike return policy lol. Hope the volts aren’t hard to cop

Bro I watched Gilbert Arenas play in ****in dolce & gabbana shoes and Nick Young play in Yeezy 750s lmfao. Heck even Sefolosha played in airmax 90s. It's really up to your own play mechanics, conditioning, and how injury prone you are that ultimately affects if you get hurt or not. They can give Anthony Davis the perfect shoe but he'll still prob find a way to get hurt (case in point he was wearing kobe 4-6s last two seasons).

I loved everything about the Cut - and I’m WAY heavier than Nw (220, 5-10) and yes, I was still dunking until 36-37 (I’m older than that now). For some reason though I felt like I was getting shin splints when I wore the cut for more than 4-5 games. I had the same feeling with the Harden 4. Im going to get a new pair ASAP and try them again.

I have had a similar experience in my Cuts too. At first they seemed near perfect. With extended play I get shin splints and some foot fatigue. The problem seems to be a combination of the react softening up coupled with the bouncy zoom underneath. It’s like my lower body works extra hard to manage the bouncy but squishy cushioning. Maybe this is only an issue for us older and heavier players. I am going to grab another pair eventually to see if it’s different in a different pair.

I've been with the nike basketball product development team this whole week and they told me they've been getting a ton of feedback from regular people/employees on campus developing achilles/plantar issues with these, so yes the shoes absolutely can cause injuries and problems. One of the engineers said he has been telling their development team for years that the drop in midsoles are not stable enough in comparison to traditional kicks but they don't listen to him. To say they don't is actually way more laughable than your stance.

One of the members of the Nike SB team was with us as well and he mentioned the same problem with drop in skate shoes. The skaters were developing lower leg injuries skating in drop in midsole kicks like the koston 1s so they had to stop pushing that tech in their serious skate shoes. but hey what do any of these guys know, shoes cant cause injuries.

i can see this being a problem for some people. most people dont develop/exercise their lower extremities, and since the foam drop in's aren't providing enough support, your tibia and ankles are going to be working much harder than usual.

the best thing you can do, is to strengthen those ankle and tibia muscles/tendons....or just avoid drop in midsoles. LOL

Most injuries from older age isn’t directly from shoes but rather weight gain, previous injuries and or possibly not stretching.

I have a ton of wear and tear on my body at 33 from playing over the last 22+ years constantly and playing in the cuts is heavenly.

I’m a shoot and slasher. Not leaping as much anymore but this shoe is pure gold. Nothing against Nightwings opinions about the shoe but he did mention it was sore after hours outdoors no? Unless it’s a Lebron that’s probably gonna happen.

Do you guys hoop?

The protro 4’s were incredible to play in even without the forefoot or full length zoom!
Ofc I hoop lmfao but I didn't buy protro 4 because I kinda felt cheated from not having the full tech specs hahahaha. Besides I was waiting for kobe 5s and 6s at the time but ofc couldn't hit snkrs for sh*t. Only have a pair of bruce lee 5s that my boy won for me.

Do you guys hoop?

The protro 4’s were incredible to play in even without the forefoot or full length zoom!
They were great to play in with no downfalls, but everything just felt “standard” to me. It’s everything I’ve come to expect out of a Kobe shoe, but nothing crazy good.

I usually don’t play for more than 2 hours (more if a lifestyle restriction that injuries).

for perspective, my build is almost identical to CP3 (big butt, minimal tone but not fat), with the exception that I’ve lifted very heavy for a number of years. Im not quick at all anymore, but I can still jump off my good legs (~26-28 inches). Playing style, I slam my body into people (kinda like that Zion spin) to use my strength to create space. I play very hard; I’m just not going by any body anymore on one leg 😂

So, from the perspective of a 32 year old strong guy with minimal speed and arthritis, I’ve had nothing but good experiences playing in these.
32 ain't so bad for me. I was still highly competitive at that age despite the injuries.

I have had a similar experience in my Cuts too. At first they seemed near perfect. With extended play I get shin splints and some foot fatigue. The problem seems to be a combination of the react softening up coupled with the bouncy zoom underneath. It’s like my lower body works extra hard to manage the bouncy but squishy cushioning. Maybe this is only an issue for us older and heavier players. I am going to grab another pair eventually to see if it’s different in a different pair.
so you are saying it's not the drop-in midsole?

I’m 37 now, I want to say 32/33 was when shxt hit the fan as far as body breaking down lol. Since then it’s been one thing after another & currently dealing with a knee issue. Ima ball forever or die trying though. My only other sport is tennis and it’s in the back of my mind if I ever retire from competitive hoops, I’ll have to switch to tennis lol. Then there’s golf which I’ve tried to get into in the past but never could, so far

regarding that, here is my question, is this the first time they did the drop-in midsole thing? why is it only now that these things supposedly came out?
not trying to dismiss about potential shoe problems but are we really targeting the real cause of the problem instead of just blaming it directly to the drop-in midsole? have they considered other aspects of the shoe that could cause such injuries?
as far as testing goes, what are their typical test subjects? athletes or regular joes? age bracket? pre-existing health or injury issues?

I’m 37 now, I want to say 32/33 was when shxt hit the fan as far as body breaking down lol. Since then it’s been one thing after another & currently dealing with a knee issue. Ima ball forever or die trying though. My only other sport is tennis and it’s in the back of my mind if I ever retire from competitive hoops, I’ll have to switch to tennis lol. Then there’s golf which I’ve tried to get into in the past but never could, so far
lol, I'm trying tennis as an alternative as well, only because I couldn't ball during the Covid season. the sport needs a lot of dedication and work to get used to though. I'm even considering boxing or certain martial arts.

Shiiit knowing the times, if the drop in midsole was causing a bunch of injuries, some firm would be pushing a class action lawsuit against Nike lol. While I don’t dismiss what that doctor in the video and others are saying regarding drop-in midsoles, Ive seen dudes hoop in all sorts of shoes from running shoes to retros with absolutely no cushion to Kobe 7/8s to the most cushioned tech shoes out there and I promise it’s more the person than the shoe when it comes to injuries.

Shiiit knowing the times, if the drop in midsole was causing a bunch of injuries, some firm would be pushing a class action lawsuit against Nike lol. While I don’t dismiss what that doctor in the video and others are saying regarding drop-in midsoles, Ive seen dudes hoop in all sorts of shoes from running shoes to retros with absolutely no cushion to Kobe 7/8s to the most cushioned tech shoes out there and I promise it’s more the person than the shoe when it comes to injuries.
the only injuries I got from the shoe is if has a defect or bad design. I have gotten bruises on my toenails, chaffing and recently an inflammed midfoot from wearing a defective shoe. so far with the Cuts, nothing.

lol, I'm trying tennis as an alternative as well, only because I couldn't ball during the Covid season. the sport needs a lot of dedication and work to get used to though. I'm even considering boxing or certain martial arts.
Haha. I played tennis my whole life so it’s like riding a bike for me but nothing gets my competitive juices going like hoops. I know more tennis and less hoops is in my future but would love to delay that as long as possible lol

Haha. I played tennis my whole life so it’s like riding a bike for me but nothing gets my competitive juices going like hoops. I know more tennis and less hoops is in my future but would love to delay that as long as possible lol
I remembered the first time that I tried to play tennis, it was horrible. balls were flying everywhere. I hated it and had that notion of "why the hell do I have to chase these silly balls?", I don't enjoy it, I'm not Lassie.

5ADF0E4D-3C15-46C7-BAF7-4A93B2C342C0.gif

Back
Top Bottom