Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

Good-ish news - They added my size.

Bad-ish news. They Jacked up the price to $270

I can't get jiggy with that price.

I'm kind of glad they jacked up the price so my dumb *** wasn't paying $300 for some basically unreturnable high heels I've never tried on my big *** feet.

Really hope they hit NDC though.
I chat with the account holder all the time. I can see if he can honour or do a solid price on em…

Booker will never be Kobe. Never.

Too bad the rest of the world thinks otherwise
AE811354-9E6C-49FE-A322-9B61B086946A.jpeg

If anyone themselves or knows someone whom needs an oop on the original black colorway in a 10.5 got a buddy who doesn't want after grabbing Amethyst 🤷‍♂️

NDC upped the raptors colorway too im tight i missed out on those

Those sold out even faster

Weren't there like only spotty sizes anyway? They've actually done this a couple times.
Last year there was a day in either October or November where at like 11:00amish they (the USA & Raptors) showed up on the site and could be purchased. But the sizes were all over the place, mostly big ((16+) and little (6, 8, 9.5, stuff like that), and so I didn't even bother posting because I was waiting to see if more sizes popped up for the 95% of us that aren't those sizes. And then like 30 mins later, they were both all gone again, and didn't pop up again until today as far as I know. I used to check them like every few hours for months on end (the joys of sitting in front of a computer most days and not having access to a gym to actually use the damn shoes + too cold to play outside). Pretty sure someone else noted that there were only spotty sizes in the raptors. The Amethysts had a fsr, and I grabbed my size thankfully.

Weren't there like only spotty sizes anyway? They've actually done this a couple times.
Last year there was a day in either October or November where at like 11:00amish they (the USA & Raptors) showed up on the site and could be purchased. But the sizes were all over the place, mostly big ((16+) and little (6, 8, 9.5, stuff like that), and so I didn't even bother posting because I was waiting to see if more sizes popped up for the 95% of us that aren't those sizes. And then like 30 mins later, they were both all gone again, and didn't pop up again until today as far as I know. I used to check them like every few hours for months on end (the joys of sitting in front of a computer most days and not having access to a gym to actually use the damn shoes + too cold to play outside). Pretty sure someone else noted that there were only spotty sizes in the raptors. The Amethysts had a fsr, and I grabbed my size thankfully.
They cancelled my sz 14 raptors pair. I don't think it was even supposed to be sold tbh. Still tight about it and they cancelled the DSG drop for it.

the name GT “cut” is an appropriate name for this model cuz all Nike has done is CUT everything short for the releases. Or “Jump” and “run” away from release dates.

So damn annoying how Jordans haven’t seen the same type of supply shortages, but for these models (which clearly A LOT OF hoopers would actually want to use on court because of the tech) it’s treated like QSs.

the name GT “cut” is an appropriate name for this model cuz all Nike has done is CUT everything short for the releases. Or “Jump” and “run” away from release dates.

So damn annoying how Jordans haven’t seen the same type of supply shortages, but for these models (which clearly A LOT OF hoopers would actually want to use on court because of the tech) it’s treated like QSs.
we are partly to blame for it. once we consumers got it all hyped up, the resellers went on a buying rampage.

As an aside, I understand that it's really easy to pin blame on the usual suspects / easy targets (Nike, resellers, etc.) - but the reality, as with many things, is a great deal more complex than that. Our global supply chain is complex enough as it is when things are working as they should, but when you start throwing wrenches into the works from every single possible direction/source, it becomes mind-numbingly complex and borderline incomprehensible. And different manufacturers (hell, even different shoe models from the SAME shoe manufacturer, depending on exactly where the shoe is manufactured and which components go into it) can experience different sets of challenges.

Ask Under Armour if the rollout of the Curry 9 has gone according to plan (to date, the US market has only had one paltry drop of 2 CWs on UA's site. That's it. All other drops, including on other retailers' sites, have been pushed back indefinitely).

The reason why some shoes seem to have tons of stock and others don't boils down to supply chain complexities and basic laws of demand (there's a reason why you can find endless GT Run colorways at retail but can't find a single GT Cut...)

Has very little to do with resellers (and almost nothing to do with any sort of deliberate strategy on the part of Nike).

I think resellers do play some role in it though. I don’t think it’s obvious that production numbers on the cuts were any lower than the runs, the cuts just had way more demand. The cuts on court performance and the fact that they’re filling in the gap that Kobe’s left behind made demand shoot way up. And wherever the demand goes, resellers flock there too.

I think resellers do play some role in it though.

Some role, sure - but it was minor/insignificant, relatively speaking. It's not like Cuts were instant OOS every single time they dropped - in fact, the first few CWs were on Nike for a little while (at least multiple days, if not longer).

The issue is that the drops since then have been sparse/pushed back/delayed indefinitely (due to supply chain issues) - both on Nike and on other retailers (how many times have we seen Cuts that were initially on DSG or Footlocker release calendars, only to get delayed indefinitely?)

Resellers MAY have played a small role in how quickly yesterday's drop sold out, but any effect would've been negligible; due to pent-up demand (and low stock), those things were going to fly more or less just as quickly with or without resellers in the mix.

Yeah I want the Curry 9s and GT Cuts and both threads are full of disappointed folks. UA obviously woulda wanted Curry’s kicks on shelves earlier when he was on fire. I think a UA guy even specifically mentioned supply chain issues.

I feel like Nike is just taking advantage of the short supply and grooming us into thinking they’re a must grab (which is working on me because I’m desperate for a pair lol).
I don’t blame resellers because I can’t even find many pairs on the resale market…the purple ones aren’t even showing up. Could be wishful thinking but I truly feel like the Cuts land on Nike By You when all of this settles.

There are a lot of things the pandemic brought that I'm tired of, but supply shortages are the one I'm most annoyed at. I actually thought the amethysts were gonna be the last one until the Kay Yow pair showed up, I was so ready to just wait for a GT 2 line if I failed to get them.

My order confirmation email for the amethysts estimated a 1/19 delivery date, but I just got an email from UPS saying arrives tomorrow🤯
I just got a similar notification for my raptors pair. I guess Nike really had pairs in hand and are expediting them out.

Back
Top Bottom