Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

Nike releasing these and the cosmic unity almost simultaneously. Weird marketing strategy and I totally agree with the comments saying that Nike basketball should have more of their athletes wearing these instead of sending them to JB

These definitely have the NXT360 DNA throughout. Nod to the AZG1 in the toe box too. Should be beasts.

NikeNews_SU21_BBL_GTCut_CZ0175-001_Assemble_Hero_original.jpg

NikeNews_SU21_BBL_GTCut_CZ0175-001_Assemble_Detail2_original.jpg

NikeNews_SU21_BBL_GTCut_CZ0175-001_Assemble_Detail1_original.jpg

NikeNews_SU21_BBL_GTCut_CZ0175-001_Assemble_Detail3_original.jpg

Well he put the skull emoji. I saw that video yesterday and I don't like that colorway really but I have higher hopes for the shoe.

Nike doing it right now with their non sig bb kicks.

First the BB NXTs (drop some more colorways Nike), then the Cosmic Unity and the GT series seems primed to continue the trend.

Nike gotta find a way for their athletes to start wearing these kicks

KAT been wearing the same shoes for like three seasons.

Booker wears strictly Kobe now

Same with JA

Jokic wears the Zoom Rise

Ben Simmons only start wearing the Zoom BB after they stopped releasing colorways

Davis only seems to be/been wearing the Cosmic Unity half the time. Other times Kobe's

Fox is supposedly gonna push these but he is usually in Kobes, so we will see
exactly - we know that nike can design great shoes with awesome tech so why do the sigs look like uninspired retreads every season? makes no sense.

exactly - we know that nike can design great shoes with awesome tech so why do the sigs look like uninspired retreads every season? makes no sense.
I looked up the designers to find some answers and here's what I found:
LeBron 18: Jason Petrie
Kyrie 7: Ben Nethongkome
PG5, KD13, Freak 2: Ross Klein
The BB NXT, Cosmic Unity, and GT Cut are also designed by Ross Klein. My only other reason as to why the sigs "look like uninspired retreads" would be that the sig athletes are staying consistent (or playing it safe) with what they know and want while the non-sig shoes give the designers more freedom to innovate and use different design languages (since there's no storytelling needed).
Speaking of uninspired retreads, this isn't really something new. I remember when people commented that all the later Kobes looked the same (all designed by Eric Avar). I wasn't complaining since they were all beasts on court (except the 7).

The BB NXT, Cosmic Unity, and GT Cut are also designed by Ross Klein. My only other reason as to why the sigs "look like uninspired retreads" would be that the sig athletes are staying consistent (or playing it safe) with what they know and want while the non-sig shoes give the designers more freedom to innovate and use different design languages (since there's no storytelling needed).
Speaking of uninspired retreads, this isn't really something new. I remember when people commented that all the later Kobes looked the same (all designed by Eric Avar). I wasn't complaining since they were all beasts on court (except the 7).
That’s a fair assessment on the sig lines - at least the Freak line seems to be evolving in design and construction - would love to see some something like the GT Cut for Giannis

Wonder what the qualifications are to get something on Nike by you. Seems random imo. What separates PG, KD and Kyrie from Kobe and Bron? They’re all signature sneakers. Why did the zoom rize get the NBY treatment but not cosmic unity or bb nxt?

Based on the specs, the whole GT series appears to be very premium in technology. I’d definitely like to create my own colorway.

IMO Kobe's like and recently KD's line are the most innovative. Kobe obviously bringing out the low-cut changed the game.

Eric Avar is an excellent designer.

A lot of the sigs these days rely on the brand/personality of the player themselves which can often make or break the shoe.

I’m all in for the Cut and Jump. Smart on Nike to go back into the lab and create a shoe for everyone. Jam packed tech, cutting the sig athlete out of the picture with a shoe that I’m sure will sell well and perform even better.

Back
Top Bottom