Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

Looks like there’s a lot of dead space in the toe for the run… I wish they used a better knit or something. Wow those side by side comparisons of the insole 🤭… thank you for the post 23mj88. Doing my best to hold out for the volts in the cuts. And my desire for the runs are fading the more I see pictures end hear about them…
Just to stop the heel slip this is what happens to my foot after a 1 hr shoot around. It’s just that simple. Cuts all day, twice on Sunday. Runs are going bye bye. Gonna go in for the jumps on day 1. High hopes for those. In the mean time I’ll stock pile some cuts.
B3CD2938-0988-4EE3-9089-C79531C5B5A4.jpeg

Damn they weren't kidding when they called these the Run. I never would have guessed they were for ball looking at that picture.

Forefoot zoom strobel better be in the Kyrie 8.

Damn, I already ordered some runs off ebay :emoji_pensive:. I'm still high on them though. Hopefully they work for me. The GT Cut actually looks wider than the GT Run in that picture. Is that right?

Looks like there’s a lot of dead space in the toe for the run… I wish they used a better knit or something. Wow those side by side comparisons of the insole 🤭… thank you for the post 23mj88. Doing my best to hold out for the volts in the cuts. And my desire for the runs are fading the more I see pictures end hear about them…
Runs don't even use a knit. They're a full fuse upper.

they felt like paper. fit was tricky for me as a wide footer. it wasn't the best experience at all. wore my AJ32s for comparison and I must say that once I switched back to the 32s from the Runs, the 32s felt amazingly comfortable. the upper was really the lowkey for the Runs.

Just to stop the heel slip this is what happens to my foot after a 1 hr shoot around. It’s just that simple. Cuts all day, twice on Sunday. Runs are going bye bye. Gonna go in for the jumps on day 1. High hopes for those. In the mean time I’ll stock pile some cuts.
B3CD2938-0988-4EE3-9089-C79531C5B5A4.jpeg
Oh yikes.. Yeah I had this problem with the lebron 15s kinda because it was kinda thin in that area.

It’s very similar to the mesh upper on the Zion 1s, which are super cheap and flimsy. Kinda sad they went all out for these cushioning setups and the runs didn’t do **** to accommodate that in terms of a suitable upper. Out on the Runs, intrigued by the Jumps - in love with the Cuts.

Well here we go:

a few comparison pics.

Cuts are stellar fit wise, tongue is super cushy and the laces are weird but awesome, stretchy yet lock you down great.

The runs on the other hand are the same size and there is some serious heel slip. But when you crank on the laces you get some nasty pressure points near the second last eyelet since the tongue has 0 padding present there.
12853EB3-BBE3-423E-9AF8-550121E4D427.jpeg

Cushion wise, the cuts are super low to the ground yet offer great impact protection. Better than any Kobe sig, these have that awesome react drop in and zoom.

The runs forefoot zoom is so damn spring, the heel to toe transition is a little nicer due to the react midsole but due to how low you are in the cuts, I much prefer that low to the ground set up.
537CD01E-CA45-470C-9292-DAD4489F5B52.jpeg

6B8C3E77-3467-48E1-B39E-585F4A508310.jpeg

I do prefer the cuts insole as they’re are tackier when your foot is on it and they also add more absorption and have formed to my foot nicely. I understand the react on the runs is thinner as it has that chunkier cushion set up…
A9A1ADEE-BC61-4EBA-A615-079DB3D6E722.jpeg

BAD3A2D0-67CB-43AA-AD6C-1FCFD9B1F678.jpeg

9ACAAEB0-A70E-41ED-8C54-0238B30303A9.jpeg

Runs are good, cuts are STELLAR.

------------> Which insole is which? The purple looks really thick and the navy one looks too thin? i need a median LOL

The purple is the cuts. It looks thick but it’s not. It’s the side walls of the midsoles. Actually quite thin, especially in the heel

Good to know. they look like they're larger. I was planning to take one of those drop in midsoles and put it in my protro 5 so I'll probably want the thinner of the 2.

Fuse upper = pass for me. Hate that plastic feeling. Kyrie 7 is where I draw the line with that stuff

Haven’t been this geeked about a Nike basketball shoe since the Kobe 8. But these cuts are IT! Soon as I dropped my foot in them it felt like they could’ve easily been a Bean shoe. Instant comfort with little break-in time needed. Salty I slept on the OG black pair. Can’t wait for the Volts. In on the EYBL, if they release to the general public. Might pass on the Floridian pair. That swoosh is dope, but I’m not sure I can do another mostly white upper. Even though I wear mine casually.
29BDC83E-BF8E-4395-AF35-6B12BD4593E1.jpeg
EBECC941-858F-482B-B659-BAD7F1201F37.jpeg
F6FC25F3-DF4A-49A0-BD8D-7364ACC6C98E.jpeg

Haven’t been this geeked about a Nike basketball shoe since the Kobe 8. But these cuts are IT! Soon as I dropped my foot in them it felt like they could’ve easily been a Bean shoe. Instant comfort with little break-in time needed. Salty I slept on the OG black pair. Can’t wait for the Volts. In on the EYBL, if they release to the general public. Might pass on the Floridian pair. That swoosh is dope, but I’m not sure I can do another mostly white upper. Even though I wear mine casually.
29BDC83E-BF8E-4395-AF35-6B12BD4593E1.jpeg
EBECC941-858F-482B-B659-BAD7F1201F37.jpeg
F6FC25F3-DF4A-49A0-BD8D-7364ACC6C98E.jpeg

nice. Cuts are my favorite Nike hoop shoe in a while. I too am waiting for more colorways.

ive been posting about how much I love the cuts so far. been wearing them nonstop for almost 3 weeks straight now to play in. i ended up tearing my plantar fascia in my left foot with them on. did some research and it seems like shoes like this with a drop in midsole and no midsole increase the chance of a plantar fascia injury. I was just sliding with my man on defense and planted my foot and felt a sharp pain in my arch/heel with no contact. definitely going to have me thinking twice about playing in them going forward even though I love the feel

ive been posting about how much I love the cuts so far. been wearing them nonstop for almost 3 weeks straight now to play in. i ended up tearing my plantar fascia in my left foot with them on. did some research and it seems like shoes like this with a drop in midsole and no midsole increase the chance of a plantar fascia injury. I was just sliding with my man on defense and planted my foot and felt a sharp pain in my arch/heel with no contact. definitely going to have me thinking twice about playing in them going forward even though I love the feel
I never had a problem with drop in midsoles from kobes/jordans/lebrons :O Can I see a link about this? First time I've heard about drop in midsoles causing plantar fascia problems.

I never had a problem with drop in midsoles from kobes/jordans/lebrons :O Can I see a link about this? First time I've heard about drop in midsoles causing plantar fascia problems.

it wasn't specifically about drop in insoles on nikes, but it was a medical site talking about basketball players and their shoes causing plantar fasciitis. it was pretty much saying shoes without a firm midsole, or thick insoles vs a traditional midsole will cause the foot to take more load instead of the shoe which can lead to plantar fascia injuries/tears

it wasn't specifically about drop in insoles on nikes, but it was a medical site talking about basketball players and their shoes causing plantar fasciitis. it was pretty much saying shoes without a firm midsole, or thick insoles vs a traditional midsole will cause the foot to take more load instead of the shoe which can lead to plantar fascia injuries/tears
I think the only two players I know that had plantar fascia injuries in recent years are Dragic and AD. Idk what dragic was wearing but AD was wearing protro kobes.

Back
Top Bottom