Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

sneeker sneeker is this where you're feeling the bulge? If you take out the insole it feels the thickest here. I think that's what we're feeling

1626904766615.png

So I said this in my initial wear that I feel this in my right foot but not left. Is it in both shoes for you? I think it might be a defect. Will wait for my DSG pair before I play ball in them but I saw someone on reddit mention this and he said it flattens out a little bit with break in. I was feeling around and it seems to be the drop in. There feels like a slight bump where the numbers are etched in.
it's just the left shoe. when I first got my pair, my concern was the flatness of the outsole (aesthetic) of the shoe. the left shoe had this slight slope or elevated section of the outsole between the forefoot and midsection area of the shoe. I just thought rather than replacing them with another pair, it might just flatten out eventually over time as I break them in. I kept on pulling my socks as tightly as possible and readjust the insole. I might try flexing it too later tonight and might help. a bit concerning but we will see. I feel like the left zoom cushion of the shoe sits higher than my right shoe but appear to be just fine visually. I hate returns and exchange but I would resort to that if this doesn't change. I'll wear them to work tomorrow. :lol: :lol: :lol:

sneeker sneeker is this where you're feeling the bulge? If you take out the insole it feels the thickest here. I think that's what we're feeling

1626904766615.png
YUP. I mean it would have been fine if the right pair also has that same elevated feeling, but it feels like you are standing on one foot with a bulge under it. it didn't feel balanced.

it's just the left shoe. when I first got my pair, my concern was the flatness of the outsole (aesthetic) of the shoe. the left shoe had this slight slope or elevated section of the outsole between the forefoot and midsection area of the shoe. I just thought rather than replacing them with another pair, it might just flatten out eventually over time as I break them in. I kept on pulling my socks as tightly as possible and readjust the insole. I might try flexing it too later tonight and might help. a bit concerning but we will see. I feel like the left zoom cushion of the shoe sits higher than my right shoe but appear to be just fine visually. I hate returns and exchange but I would resort to that if this doesn't change. I'll wear them to work tomorrow. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah I'ma wear mine around my house for most of today to see if it helps. Worse case scenario we shave it down at that part to hollow it out a bit looooool. But yeah take out your drop in and squeeze at that point compared to the rest of the drop in. It's the thickest in that circled area and slopes there.

Yeah I'ma wear mine around my house for most of today to see if it helps. Worse case scenario we shave it down at that part to hollow it out a bit looooool. But yeah take out your drop in and squeeze at that point compared to the rest of the drop in. It's the thickest in that circled area and slopes there.
I think a C-Clamp with a piece of wood would be better. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think a C-Clamp with a piece of wood would be better. :lol: :lol: :lol:
oh word hahahaha. Just to bottom it out enough. This "problem" is honestly the dealbreaker for me. If it doesn't feel flattened out with break in it's gonna annoy the hell out of me. I love everything else about the shoes tho.

oh word hahahaha. Just to bottom it out enough. This "problem" is honestly the dealbreaker for me. If it doesn't feel flattened out with break in it's gonna annoy the hell out of me. I love everything else about the shoes tho.
the last problem I had was the 35 eclipse plate (defective) which pretty much caused me an injury. very much the reason why I despise eclipse plate nowadays and hated the 35. I feel much safer with the upcoming 36.

sneeker sneeker Wore them for a couple hrs. It flattened out a bit and you kinda forget about it but if you think about it you can feel it faintly. Def needs a break in for it to go away but its absolutely the react midsole that has the bulge. The clamp might help smoothen it out more.

I’m going to see how the Jumps are, but I might just stockpile 3-4 more pairs of cuts in addition to the purps I wear now. the Cuts remind me of the comfort I used to get with the Zoom Ultraflights, and I only had one pair of those (still rock them occasionally too!) and wish I had more… not making that mistake with these!

Nothing we haven’t seen but some in person pics

877BAC09-3E69-4FC5-A33B-A13A13FD6228.jpeg
5BA0F183-FAA0-4201-830E-EF3C412B6ED6.jpeg
906F1427-522E-4AB3-BCA3-FA73E293CE8E.jpeg

I really like the cushioning on the runs. I just get this weird heel slip even in just trying them on. Tried my TTS and .5 down. Anyone else or just me?

JS”

I really like the cushioning on the runs. I just get this weird heel slip even in just trying them on. Tried my TTS and .5 down. Anyone else or just me?

JS”
I felt some heel slip too. I wouldn't be surprised considering the lack of a heel counter and use of thin materials in the heel section which was my issue with most react running shoes.

JS”
I stated this in my comparison of the 2 a few pages back. Unless you completely rip on the laces the runs have heel slip. But the. Circulation is cut off since the tongue near the top has zero padding. Easy pass on the runs, sent my pair back.

thanks sneeker and 23mj88. Glad I’m not alone. Cushioning is so good. Just not comfortable with the heel movement.

not a good pic but saw these runs on IG at Peach Jam. Wouldn’t be surprised if EYBL PE

22B98676-A704-4F2C-A375-B6196051AA50.png

JS”

Got home, USA cuts here, runs not. FedEx strikes again.

Cuts feel nice. Went TTS and my toe is closer to the edge than typical sz 11 sneakers but they don’t feel like they are any closer to the edge. Not restricting at all. I think ima send back the USA cause I’m not too much of a fan of the colorway but I at least know now I’d like a pair of cuts. Will have to wait for nike to resolve the missing package issue to try the runs.

Last edited:
Been wearing the gt cut around the house and the react insole is thick and firm in the forefoot. Does this break in well after some games and get softer? I don’t remember my Kobe 9 insole being this firm but that was a while ago I could be mistaken.

Been wearing the gt cut around the house and the react insole is thick and firm in the forefoot. Does this break in well after some games and get softer? I don’t remember my Kobe 9 insole being this firm but that was a while ago I could be mistaken.
9s we’re not react. They were lunar I believe which is soft and bottoms out mad quick. They soften up a bit and you get a super nice bounce from the zoom.

Back
Top Bottom