Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

Great to hear/see that it's wide-foot friendly, though that just seems to mean the upper material is flimsy enough to let your (wide) foot bow off the sides. It's not like it's part of the design structure-wise. Like there are some shoes that are just wider that accommodate your foot and you get good lockdown and stability. Can't lie, these look cheapie for a $170 shoe. Love the colorway though. They've been on id4 for days now, but no size 13 yet and probably a good thing because these definitely seem to be something you need to try on as a wide footer, before sinking $180+ bucks in with no real way to return and get your full refund.

But I'm just glad they exist as another option. Waiting for the 38s to come in, for the 1s to drop, and these are a nice option in between. Hope they pop up on NDC by mid Sept.

1693149072280.png

Are the GT Cut 2 as bad as everyone implies online? Do they run TTS? .5 size up? Heard conflicting things. I wanted to try the Team Panda colorway out

caucasiankai caucasiankai , took same size (10) that I took in Cut 1. The 1 was just an amazing performer, one my favorites all time, so the 2 was going to be challenged to equal/top that from the start. First batch of 2s ran weird but they seemingly corrected it and later pairs worked pretty well for some on here, myself included. I played in that mcfly colorway for months until a knee tweak, and have moved back to LeBron 20 while I wait to try Hustle/Cut 3.

Cut 2 is an amazing shoe at $100-$120 IMO.

caucasiankai caucasiankai , took same size (10) that I took in Cut 1. The 1 was just an amazing performer, one my favorites all time, so the 2 was going to be challenged to equal/top that from the start. First batch of 2s ran weird but they seemingly corrected it and later pairs worked pretty well for some on here, myself included. I played in that mcfly colorway for months until a knee tweak, and have moved back to LeBron 20 while I wait to try Hustle/Cut 3.

Cut 2 is an amazing shoe at $100-$120 IMO.
Hey man great response. I wasn’t lucky enough to catch the 1st version. But nice to know they tweaked it. And that price seems reasonable for any shoe. Particularly to play ball. I usually won’t go over $120 for something I’ll be balling in constantly and drenching in sweat 😆 thanks for the thorough reply bruva

Are the GT Cut 2 as bad as everyone implies online? Do they run TTS? .5 size up? Heard conflicting things. I wanted to try the Team Panda colorway out
IMO I had both and GT 2 > 1

Fit and traction are more or less about the same… 2’s have better cushioning and got rid of that awful material on top of the drop in midsole. The 1’s were a decent shoe but I wasn’t a fan of the thin forefoot cushioning and clunky plasticky heel. Wouldn’t put either in any top performance shoe lists but they both get the job done if you just have to have a pair.

Fit and traction are more or less about the same… 2’s have better cushioning and got rid of that awful material on top of the drop in midsole. The 1’s were a decent shoe but I wasn’t a fan of the thin forefoot cushioning and clunky plasticky heel. Wouldn’t put either in any top performance shoe lists but they both get the job done if you just have to have a pair.

Agreed on the plastic heel of the one - I found weight distribution to be better on the 2 but I find drop-in midsole models to be bottom heavy by nature and it takes some getting used to regardless.

Re: fit - much preferred the one. I like the use of vented neoprene (the plastic on the twos feels SO cheap), and the width of the forefoot was the perfect level of snug. The twos feel as banana-shaped as any shoe since the KD 4.

I found the traction on the one to be MUCH more consistent. While I found the two's traction to be decent, I had multiple significant slip-outs from defensive recovery situations in the twos. To be fair, those are instances where a player is maximizing the strain/force on the shoe but still... Also, noted multiple times on this thread, can we move away from whatever translucent rubber they used on the two? I didn't feel like it performed particularly well and it wore down faster than... well, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And even with all my hate, I still have had A LOT of fun playing in the two, and I'd highly recommend them if you can find them below retail. Weird how that works out.

I had really good games with the Cut 1s, so I consider them great performers. it's also the shoe that my calf blow up.

Man I'm shocked to hear you say that about the 1's.

Because people talk about the 1's like they're the best thing for basketball other than feet! :rofl:

Bit the bullet and copped a pair of the Air Zoom GT Cut 1's on eBay for $240. Hate paying that much, but have been wanting a pair to hoop in for well over a year, so finally just did it. Sold some collectible cards I had lying around for $110 to lessen the blow ha.

Bit the bullet and copped a pair of the Air Zoom GT Cut 1's on eBay for $240. Hate paying that much, but have been wanting a pair to hoop in for well over a year, so finally just did it. Sold some collectible cards I had lying around for $110 to lessen the blow ha.
Nice. Which CW? New or used?

Man I'm shocked to hear you say that about the 1's.

Because people talk about the 1's like they're the best thing for basketball other than feet! :rofl:
It’s not a bad shoe by any means… it’s just overhyped. There was nothing about it that blew me away from a performance aspect. Basically same way I’d only recommend the 2’s is if you could find for under retail…feel the same way about the 1’s (yes I know that’s impossible)

It’s not a bad shoe by any means… it’s just overhyped. There was nothing about it that blew me away from a performance aspect. Basically same way I’d only recommend the 2’s is if you could find for under retail…feel the same way about the 1’s (yes I know that’s impossible)
I see what you mean, although I would reserve the term "overhype" for something that is really overhype. for me, something overhype would be a bad shoe that is getting a lot of attention even from the get-go. the GT CUT 1s went under the radar and was snubbed initially because it was a massive release team shoe. let me tell you how easy it was to get multiple pairs during it's launch and it took 2 weeks before people started paying attention to them. if I only knew what will happen, I could have gotten 5. for me, they were great performers. they were close to perfect other than the sticky insole. the balance of the shoe for me is fine eventhough if some people find it heavy at the back.

I see what you mean, although I would reserve the term "overhype" for something that is really overhype. for me, something overhype would be a bad shoe that is getting a lot of attention even from the get-go. the GT CUT 1s went under the radar and was snubbed initially because it was a massive release team shoe. let me tell you how easy it was to get multiple pairs during it's launch and it took 2 weeks before people started paying attention to them. if I only knew what will happen, I could have gotten 5. for me, they were great performers. they were close to perfect other than the sticky insole. the balance of the shoe for me is fine eventhough if some people find it heavy at the back.

It's possibly overhyped because people are treating it like it the best basketball shoe ever made and the prices reflect that.

Back
Top Bottom