Nike Hyperdunk 2016 Available in July

Filming and writing up this weekend. A step below the kd9 in materials and bounce but WAY better than anything since the 2013. Actually, replace the lunar with zoom that doesn't bottom out in 5 wears and you have the HD16.

not sure if mentioned but the grey and black pair is releasing on the fourth

nice. Having held all three colorways in person, I like the olympics the best with the oreos a close second. The triple whites are nice, but a distant third for me. Looking forward to checking out the Unlimiteds this week. Might exchange my DS olympics for them if they are nice in person...

Last edited:

how do these perform compare to the kd9?
To be honest, I tried to put both on whilst at the store on friday, I still found the Hyperdunk much more difficult to put on.

Also, I found the KD 9 to be quite slender ( maybe its my foot). the right width of the KD meant the shoe had too much space in the front.

Kd is better and 50 dollars cheaper, the only con i heard is getting them on

Cheaper - yes. Better - not for me. I find the HD flyknits to have bouncier zoom, more stable on lateral moves, and better traction. Still hard to justify the $200 price tag because there are some really good hoop shoes available for $120-150 before discounts.

Last edited:
I think the navy/red Hyperdunk 2016 Flyknit are decent, they grew on me where I placed an order on a pair today since I got 20% off on Foot Locker website. And it's the only navy colored USA Olympic shoe available for general release since the navy Kyrie II and navy KD 9 aren't available for general release unfortunately.

In terms of weight they are about avg maybe a little heavy for a low, the lockdown is decent not as good as the kobe 9 but the comfort is better than the kobe.

Traction on the white rubber outsole is also decent still not as good as the kobe 9 but its way less soft so they should be more durable and so far no lumps have broken off the sole like the hyperdunk 2013.

View media item 2128768View media item 2128770View media item 2128771
I noticed some heel slippage at first but this seems to have settled after a few wears, overall I think these have a good balance with court feel, impact protection and durability. If they drop in price to around $100 id say these would be the best value but at $130 its a little much.

I relented and got the navy USA Hyperdunk 2016 coming to me via ordering from Foot Locker since it's the only navy USA shoe available for general release. I actually ended up liking them. Besides, the navy Kyrie 2 and KD 9 aren't available for general release anyways.

But can anyone verify if the white USA Hyperdunk 2016 will stain easily or attract dirt and grime easily due to it being Flyknit material? I was thinking about getting those later so I'm trying to do research on the potential staining predicament.

Wow, there's really no interest in these based on the lack of feedback or activities on here for this subject.

Anyhow, the navy USA pair came yesterday. I'm satisfied with them since they're the only official navy USA Olympic shoe available for general release, and a relevant star like Paul George is currently wearing them too in these Olympics.

These are a decent alternate plan shoe is you're looking for an official general release navy USA colorway since the KD 9 and Kyrie 2 navy USA pairs aren't available for general release unfortunately.

Wow, there's really no interest in these based on the lack of feedback or activities on here for this subject.

Anyhow, the navy USA pair came yesterday. I'm satisfied with them since they're the only official navy USA Olympic shoe available for general release, and a relevant star like Paul George is currently wearing them too in these Olympics.

These are a decent alternate plan shoe is you're looking for an official general release navy USA colorway since the KD 9 and Kyrie 2 navy USA pairs aren't available for general release unfortunately.
I have the same navy pair for hoopin' in and I love 'em. Also helps a ton that I got it for $174 shipped when FTL had that 20% off $100 deal. Would love to get the oreo and unlimited colorways too, but only for under retail. 

Back
Top Bottom