Nike Hyperlite - First Actual Clear Look - Pics

M

mazedowner

Via: http://www.kixandthecity.com/2009/01/13/nike-hyperlight-first-detailed-look/KixandtheCity.com

Following up on our first [Nike Hyperlite post], we take a clearer look at the upcoming successor to the Nike Hyperdunk. The Nike Hyperlite is not a "lite" version of the Hyperdunk, and by that we mean, it's not merely a take down of the Hyperdunk. The Hyperlite, is actually, lighter in weight than the Hyperdunk. Through using a lighter Flywire panel material and a lower profile sole, the Hyperlite shaves weight off of the already light Hyperdunk. The Hyperlite, like the Hyperdunk, will incorporate Nike Zoom Air in the heel and Lunar Foam in the forefoot. The number one complaint against the Hyperdunk was the "bottoming out" issue where the Lunar Foam would give out after several hours of play. The Hyperlite addresses this issue with the addition of a larger Zoom Unit.

As part of their Hyperlite releases, Nike is set to release the White/Volt Nike Hyperlite pictured in this post. The White/Volt Nike Hyperlite features a White upper with Volt, Electric Blue, and Red accents. The tongue on the sample in this post reads "I'm in the F*#@!NG ZONE!". Whether or not that tag line makes it to retail, remains to be seen.

The Nike Hyperlite is set to release during the late Summer/Fall of 2009.

Pics via NTInfomaniac for KixandtheCity.com

5ppreo.jpg

676viu.jpg

MaZe

I like.. I'm feeling these... hopefully we get some good colorways. Thanks for sharing!

First was the 1-800-dunkd-on, then the ankle insurance, now F*#@!NG zone. Gotta love it
pimp.gif

I really like these .. but will wait for the reviews to roll in to see if it truly solves the bottoming-out problem! That's my only complain bout theHyperdunks... otherwise a perfect shoe, and if this was created to address that then i can't wait to cop.

I like these but why doesn't nike just scrap the lunar foam in the forefoot and use the full length zoom air?

Originally Posted by MaZeDOwNeR

Via: http://www.kixandthecity.com/2009/01/13/nike-hyperlight-first-detailed-look/KixandtheCity.com

Following up on our first [Nike Hyperlite post], we take a clearer look at the upcoming successor to the Nike Hyperdunk. The Nike Hyperlite is not a "lite" version of the Hyperdunk, and by that we mean, it's not merely a take down of the Hyperdunk. The Hyperlite, is actually, lighter in weight than the Hyperdunk. Through using a lighter Flywire panel material and a lower profile sole, the Hyperlite shaves weight off of the already light Hyperdunk. The Hyperlite, like the Hyperdunk, will incorporate Nike Zoom Air in the heel and Lunar Foam in the forefoot. The number one complaint against the Hyperdunk was the "bottoming out" issue where the Lunar Foam would give out after several hours of play. The Hyperlite addresses this issue with the addition of a larger Zoom Unit.

As part of their Hyperlite releases, Nike is set to release the White/Volt Nike Hyperlite pictured in this post. The White/Volt Nike Hyperlite features a White upper with Volt, Electric Blue, and Red accents. The tongue on the sample in this post reads "I'm in the F*#@!NG ZONE!". Whether or not that tag line makes it to retail, remains to be seen.

The Nike Hyperlite is set to release during the late Summer/Fall of 2009.

Pics via NTInfomaniac for KixandtheCity.com

This line is confusing me. Can someone who has info clarify this.

MaZe

Great looking shoes and exactly the progression I was hoping for with Flywire. So far, the 2009 line looks fantastic.

Originally Posted by MarcSJ08

First was the 1-800-dunkd-on, then the ankle insurance, now F*#@!NG zone. Gotta love it
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Nike is definitely doin the dirty
pimp.gif

Hot colorway! One pair for me please..hopefully there will b a black/volt colorway..mmmm
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by zzz1035

Yeah, Im definitely feelin these so far. These and the 2k9s for that matter.

most definitely these and 2k9s for 2009 for sure. i hope we can get as much or even better colorways of this. i'm not sure i want to ball in lunartrainer/racer colorways
tongue.gif

I wonder why they didn't just stick the bottom of the 2k4 on it and call it a day, Seems very similar IMO. I'll be interested to see how these performand what colorways drop.

these are nice and a nice successor to the hyperdunk.....this "hyper" line is really nice! hypermaxes and these are fire! nice post once again maze
pimp.gif

keyword here: nice!
laugh.gif

not sure if the tong text will "fly" with much product censorship bureaus though
laugh.gif

Maybe I am completely off, but the colorways and tag line make me think its from White Men Can't jump. Billy Ho says it during the two on two tourney.He's wearing the old David Robinson pumps in the bright neon colorway. I don't think its from that youtube video.

IF it has the same setup as the hyperdunk, how does a larger zoom unit (which is in the heel) address the issue of the lunar foam (in the forefoot) frombottoming out?

Originally Posted by joejoebob2099

IF it has the same setup as the hyperdunk, how does a larger zoom unit (which is in the heel) address the issue of the lunar foam (in the forefoot) from bottoming out?

Still waiting for someone with knowledge to break this down as well.....

Back
Top Bottom