Nike Ja 1 | Ja Morant’s First Signature Shoe

I think this says “Midnight Series” under “Morant” but I could be wrong, it’s blurry
7628F7EA-3A62-4767-891B-67AF9D2CC1D0.png

Of course old heads will never admit that hooping in lows is the way to go now, lol.

Yeah, I play in a Rec gym with mostly mid-30's and up dudes and out of the 20+ regulars, I'm the only head who plays in Lows. I actually had so many pairs of AJ XX's that that's all I used to play in before, but when I started transitioning to the PG's and Zoom Freaks, that's when they started noticing and first thought I was wildin'.

I only have one pair of Kobe XI's though so I missed out on prime Nike Kobe's but yeah, low's is just it for me. But you ask any of the other old heads at the gym and they'll tell you that you need a full leather mid-cut shoe:lol:

Yeah, I play in a Rec gym with mostly mid-30's and up dudes and out of the 20+ regulars, I'm the only head who plays in Lows. I actually had so many pairs of AJ XX's that that's all I used to play in before, but when I started transitioning to the PG's and Zoom Freaks, that's when they started noticing and first thought I was wildin'.

I only have one pair of Kobe XI's though so I missed out on prime Nike Kobe's but yeah, low's is just it for me. But you ask any of the other old heads at the gym and they'll tell you that you need a full leather mid-cut shoe:lol:
Dawg

U sound like mid 30s dudes grew up watching George Mikan and Dolph Schayes

We not that old lol

People are stuck in their ways. When you point out how many players in the NBA and college who play in lows they look at you puzzled. It's different from before when it was essentially just Steve Nash and Mike Bibby. I'm like Kobe started the trend 15 years ago why are you guys still stuck in the 90's.

I never liked highs as a kid, so I never played in highs.

Plenty of people played in lows LONG before any of these dudes were even in the league. Isiah Thomas had a low-top sig shoe from Puma back in ‘89 or ‘90. Joe Dumars played in Adidas lows. Clyde Frazier was doing it years before that. And tons of other people.
Oh I know, I was trying to stay close to the Kobe timeline though. Like nice jahb nice jahb mentioned about the early Jordans even predating '89/'90 ('86/'87). I think the common misconception is that Kobe INTRODUCED lows to the world of basketball, which just isn't true. And I believe here is where most of the people trying to say "Kobe this, Kobe that" get it wrong. He might've evolved the lows depending on who you ask (some NT'ers will say they de-evolved because plastics/knits < leathers/suede) but that's as far Kobe's and lows go. As for the weight reduction that accompanied this "new tech" and how it'll make you quicker/more explosive, again, believe what you will :lol: Ja Morant would've done everything he's done up until now with a pair of Foamposite Pros on his feet if that's all he was given. He just has it like that🤷‍♂️ and you could insert any star in the league today in that phrase replacing Ja and it holds true.

People are stuck in their ways. When you point out how many players in the NBA and college who play in lows they look at you puzzled. It's different from before when it was essentially just Steve Nash and Mike Bibby. I'm like Kobe started the trend 15 years ago why are you guys still stuck in the 90's.

I never liked highs as a kid, so I never played in highs.
I’m young af but I ain’t ever played in highs, I’m not tryna hoop in boots lmao.

With the younger generation, if you wear highs you’re weird (unless they’re Kobe 9 Elites, then you’re just rich) but with the older generation, if you wear lows, you’re weird. 🤷‍♂️

why is there such an influx of cheap signatures outside of lebron?

is it to sell to the kids, wouldnt they all want lebron though?

why is there such an influx of cheap signatures outside of lebron?

is it to sell to the kids, wouldnt they all want lebron though?

I think because basketball sneakers overall aren't that popular currently and most Lebron's end up going on sale anyway.

I think it's a way of bonding and growing with the player. The average consumer they want is that 10 or 12 year old kid playing rec league. The same way Nike got us when we were kids. There were many kicks I wanted, but couldn't get because of the price point, so I had to settle. Settling means a little less now. Parents appreciate a kid wanting a $120 versus $200 sneaker.

I think because basketball sneakers overall aren't that popular currently and most Lebron's end up going on sale anyway.

I think it's a way of bonding and growing with the player. The average consumer they want is that 10 or 12 year old kid playing rec league. The same way Nike got us when we were kids. There were many kicks I wanted, but couldn't get because of the price point, so I had to settle. Settling means a little less now. Parents appreciate a kid wanting a $120 versus $200 sneaker.

Speaking of, what were the og prices of say Barkley's, Pippens, etc. back in the mid 90's. I know Jordan's were about $125.

But yeah, when Nike sells all-white AF1's for the same price as these and those probably sell way more pairs, you can't price out these younger consumers who strictly need basketball shoes. You're basically paying for all the tech in Lebron's while you get one or two each for your Giannis, KD, Kyrie, PG, etc and that's usually good enough for 99% of players not trying to make the league.

That’s why Kyrie’s are so damn popular. Price point is bearable for parents/kids to pay and performance is great.

I’m somewhere in between both generations I’m 26.

I’ve played in highs and lows. I still prefer at least a mid cut sneaker (think Kyrie 1’s height)

Speaking of, what were the og prices of say Barkley's, Pippens, etc. back in the mid 90's. I know Jordan's were about $125.
More than Jordans. At least Pippen 1s were. They were $160 in the summer of ‘97 when they launched, an outrageous price for the time. Barkleys were around $140, if I recall correctly. Back then, the more visible air a shoe had, the more it cost. Hence why Jordans weren’t the price leader.

They been getting away with it for years. If you go thru the comments of every post with these a lot of people saying similar stuff. Hopefully for Booker and the Ja 2’s that makes them go harder

Is it wrong for me to hope these would have a heel Zoom only? I mean, Ja has been rocking some Kobe 4's in the past and to me, they are pretty much a GOAT performers.

“ air zoom “ on the forefoot so my guess is it is something like just one forefoot zoom air bag. Even the Kyrie 7 said "zoom turbo" on the outsole, so doubtful of that as well. The rest looks like phylon. Stripped down, basic, but lightweight

1672239496153.png

I initially thought it would have the forefoot zoom Stroebel like the recent Kyrie's, or seen in the back half zoom Stroebel in the Zion 2 but both of those say "zoom strobe" so doubt it is that, same with those kyrie 9's that aren't coming seen below.

nike-kyrie-9-white-university-red-black-wolf-grey-DJ6017-100-5.jpg

“ air zoom “ on the forefoot so my guess is it is something like just one forefoot zoom air bag. Even the Kyrie 7 said "zoom turbo" on the outsole, so doubtful of that as well.

I initially thought it would have the forefoot zoom Stroebel like the recent Kyrie's, or seen in the back half zoom Stroebel in the Zion 2 but both of those say "zoom strobe" so doubt it is that, same with those kyrie 9's that aren't coming seen below.

nike-kyrie-9-white-university-red-black-wolf-grey-DJ6017-100-5.jpg
If these Ja’s had forefoot strobel and heel zoom like the Kyrie infinity’s they would be cracked

Back
Top Bottom