Nike Ja 1 | Ja Morant’s First Signature Shoe

Listened to the pod on Wednesday and while we all know Ja is Nike's replacement for Kobe/Kyrie - in terms of box-office athlete in light, low-ish kicks the kids will love - I don't think this particular model is just a rehash of things that were for Kyrie. His shoes were starting to look very oval-ish and ugly.

Ja has that Allen Iverson-cool as hell it-factor that Giannis, PG, and DBook (if he gets his own sig) don't have.

I can see the Kyrie Low 4’s in them. Honestly wish they would have doubled down on just turning that line (The Kyrie Low line specifically) into Ja’s and not try to make it generic :lol:.

The more I look at these the only glaring problem I can’t get past is the mesh.

sometimes its "but it takes 12-18 months from start to finish to create a shoe" and on the other hand "ya nike just stopped production on december 5, 2022 and swapped the logos out it's a kyrie shoe guys"

make up your mind social media influencers clowns

this isn't the kyrie 9 and was never the kyrie 9. that's just stupidity to get attention online.

sometimes its "but it takes 12-18 months from start to finish to create a shoe" and on the other hand "ya nike just stopped production on december 5, 2022 and swapped the logos out it's a kyrie shoe guys"

make up your mind social media influencers clowns

this isn't the kyrie 9 and was never the kyrie 9. that's just stupidity to get attention online.

Don’t know who you’re calling a clown but he’s been wearing the kyrie low 4’s for a year. It’s very possible they wanted to make a shoe modeled after that 12-15 months ago when they started these way before Kyrie and the Jewish stuff. You also seem to be confusing the Low line that Ja wore with the Kyrie main line that would be on the 8’s/9’s.

Some of y’all have this thing where y’all have to “defend” Nike against any perceived criticism and it’s odd :lol:

Don’t know who you’re calling a clown but he’s been wearing the kyrie low 4’s for a year. It’s very possible they wanted to make a shoe modeled after that 12-15 months ago when they started these way before Kyrie and the Jewish stuff. You also seem to be confusing the Low line that Ja wore with the Kyrie main line that would be on the 8’s/9’s.

Some of y’all have this thing where y’all have to “defend” Nike against any perceived criticism and it’s odd :lol:

defending? :lol: i've been highly critical of nike in recent years and i buy less and less of their products as the years go by.

the dude in that insta reel is the clown.. talking like it's a fact "that's the kyrie 9". everything he said in that video is far from a fact. he's just saying stuff for clicks and shares.

you don't need a fresh design team for a new signature athlete. but let's say that he "should" get a new team (not a guarantee.. the company can allocate resources as they see fit)... how do we know that he didn't request the team that makes kyrie's? kyrie's are one of the best basketball shoes on the market.

wanna know the best part about all this? they can change the design team as the line evolves. mind blown, i know.

He’s sporting a new pink color tonight against the Raptors
1672363552054.jpeg

Another product of nike cost cutting.

Nike wasn't going to spend the money on R&D for new shoes. They just tweaked an existing model and rebranded it.

Business school 101. Minimize cost, maximize profit.
cap. They’ve been workin on this shoe for a minute now.

Just because YOU don’t like the shoe doesn’t mean these conspiracy theories are actually true.

Listened to the pod on Wednesday and while we all know Ja is Nike's replacement for Kobe/Kyrie - in terms of box-office athlete in light, low-ish kicks the kids will love - I don't think this particular model is just a rehash of things that were for Kyrie. His shoes were starting to look very oval-ish and ugly.

Ja has that Allen Iverson-cool as hell it-factor that Giannis, PG, and DBook (if he gets his own sig) don't have.
Man I thought ja was replacing the PG line. Wasn’t Kyrie just dropped? These shoes were already in the pipe.

Kinda mid colorway.. dunno

Gonna throw the rainbow at these, gradients, fades. All the wild combos. But not gonna make up for somewhat basic/boring silhouette and lower tier materials

This shoe is definitely for a younger generation of hoopers. I think it will do very well with elementary through high school players or casual hoopers.
I may try a pair I’m 32 and hoop here and there not regularly anymore they look fun. If January is the release date I may pick up a pair.

Man I thought ja was replacing the PG line. Wasn’t Kyrie just dropped? These shoes were already in the pipe.

everyone acts like they got inside info when none of them do.

ja may or may not release more info on his youtube for the design process. i do hope we see it, not to prove anyone wrong, but because it's always interesting.

if it's revealed he had direct input in designing the shoe from start to finish, i'll be looking forward to the 3hr podcast explaining why these are still kyries.

He already said it was a 2 year process in the initial videos that dropped

Being that he mostly has played in Kyries and Kobe’s I don’t see how both of these things can’t be true: he had a hand in the design and also wanted them to feel and look similar to **** he’s already comfortable playing with the past couple of years: Kyrie Low 4’s and Kobe 5/6’s :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom