Nike Joyride

coming soon to ndc
joyride-run-flyknit-mens-running-shoe-ZCTfsb.jpg

joyride-run-flyknit-mens-running-shoe-LcCzGq.jpg

Oreo's are heat. What's the ETA on these?

negative review here (more like first impression)... funny that he takes credit for saying VMs were bad runners though when i dont know anyone who took that shoe seriously for actual running :lol:

negative review here (more like first impression)... funny that he takes credit for saying VMs were bad runners though when i dont know anyone who took that shoe seriously for actual running :lol:

This is annoying lol

Jamison is a reviewer I personally can't stand. Seems like a really cool, personable guy, but he seems to do absolutely zero research when discussing a shoe. I understand why he's popular, but I have no idea why Running Warehouse thought it was good to pair up with him.

i used to like dude more before but these days i can only take him in small doses

he tries too hard to be too funny sometimes and pays too much attention to social media and other reviewers

i used to like dude more before but these days i can only take him in small doses

he tries too hard to be too funny sometimes and pays too much attention to social media and other reviewers

That show I feel about Foamer Simpson. I cant stand the dude+his reviews are useless.
Jamison's ok and informative in my book. Sometimes cringy.
Im interested if the joyride cushion bottoms out after a few months. No way of knowing now

Last edited:
It just seems like nike fabricated this narrative. I have 3 friends that are runners. They run marathons (so to me...that means they are runners). I joked with 2 of them about wearing these and they said they never really thought of wearing different shoes for a recovery run.

Now i am assuming there are like professional runners that their life is running and recovery runs is a major deal....but like the average person....that runs like 1-2 marathons a year...apparently this isn't really touching their radar. Just seems like an excuse to make an expensive lifestyle shoe with a comfy cushioning system to rival boost :lol:

It just seems like nike fabricated this narrative. I have 3 friends that are runners. They run marathons (so to me...that means they are runners). I joked with 2 of them about wearing these and they said they never really thought of wearing different shoes for a recovery run.

Now i am assuming there are like professional runners that their life is running and recovery runs is a major deal....but like the average person....that runs like 1-2 marathons a year...apparently this isn't really touching their radar. Just seems like an excuse to make an expensive lifestyle shoe with a comfy cushioning system to rival boost :lol:

I don't think it's a fabrication. As I wear different shoes for easy days. I prefer my Turbo's for easier runs because of the softness. But when I'm feeling fresh I'll go with my Zante's or regular Peg's. Nike isn't the first to think of such. Theirs just cost more than other options from other brands. Be it the Glycerin, 1080, Triumph and so on. Just really depends on the person

That show I feel about Foamer Simpson. I cant stand the dude+his reviews are useless.
Jamison's ok and informative in my book. Sometimes cringy.
Im interested if the joyride cushion bottoms out after a few months. No way of knowing now

i use to enjoy foamer when they would do performance reviews because he and his brothers are one of the few out there that can legit ball but these days i just watch to details on shoes, a lot of their titles are clickbaits these days though

as for bottoming out, i feel like it wont just because all those dippin' dots aren't set in place, they are constantly moving and such so it wont bottom out... i really dont know the science but it makes sense in my head :lol:

I don't think it's a fabrication. As I wear different shoes for easy days. I prefer my Turbo's for easier runs because of the softness. But when I'm feeling fresh I'll go with my Zante's or regular Peg's. Nike isn't the first to think of such. Theirs just cost more than other options from other brands. Be it the Glycerin, 1080, Triumph and so on. Just really depends on the person

It just seems $180 for a "recovery shoe" has a market size of like 10 people who are serious runners. Thats the gimmicky part to me. Like trying to sell people on a $180 pair of shoes that like we don't recommend you actually run in...just recovery runs....but not like real runs...don't do that...just recovery runs....

While most people are like uhhh whats a recovery run. Actual runners are like oh uh i guess i could switch shoes for light days? Then serious serious runners are like oh that might be a good idea but these are still heavy for a recovery run.

Maybe it would be helpful to just be like hey....they are super comfy....so like buy them over ultraboosts if you are gonna spend $180 on a non running - running shoe

while it isnt promoted by nike as such, many seems to suggest its also good for non-serious runners as its pillowy soft and i have read some first impressions that they wish they had this as their first runners

i am also getting the impression that its actually pretty light

i dont see myself as a serious runner but i definitely want to run in something softer after a speedy 5k/10k or half especially since my race days are the VF dont want that plate, i usually go with vomeros or the hoka cliftons

well to be honest after a race day i dont want a recovery run, i want to rest or sleep the whole day after eating pizza :lol:

while it isnt promoted by nike as such, many seems to suggest its also good for non-serious runners as its pillowy soft and i have read some first impressions that they wish they had this as their first runners

They are 100% marketing it this way (as a shoe for experienced runners for recovery days as well as new runners who want something that isn't as harsh on their foot). It's right in the first press release:

Nike Joyride releases first in the Nike Joyride Run Flyknit. Designed for all runners, the soft cushioning and smooth transition helps ease impact — important whether you're a seasoned marathoner taking a shake-out run or a novice looking to find your true stride. The Nike Joyride Run Flyknit is available to Nike Members July 25. A global release follows August 15.

They also talk about it in the video on this page: https://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/innovation/joyride

The same reviewers and people complaining about the price point and marketing in these reviews are the exact same people buying every Jordan release and Yeezy release. These are for people that like running and want a comfortable running shoe for runs. They are not meant for people to go run a marathon every day. I personally run on a treadmill most of the time because I live in Atlanta and it’s 100 degrees in the summer. That being said I ordered these shoes strictly for my post workout cool down run on the treadmill. It’s a 15-30 minute cool down run after heavy lifting and after trying them on when I got them yesterday they should be perfect for that. Don’t buy them if you don’t have a need and if you want a comfort shoe that’s not 180 get the presto reacts ( I have 2 pairs and the Joyrides will never replace those as casual sneaker). And for the love of god if a reviewer looks like they haven't run on a treadmill or been outside in weeks don’t listen to their opinions on an active shoe.

these shoes are meh at best... they arent soft and one of the bead pads are under the balls of your feet creating a lift which makes them feel uncomfortable... these are gonna be a no for me

I just thought from a "casual soft runner" The epic react had that covered. And for cheaper....hell i got my pixel epic reat 2s for $50 a few weeks ago.
I think the price point on these is just a little rough. And the only real explanation is people buy boost. Boost is $180 and it is way too soft to seriously run in....but people buy it...so nike was like we can def do that and better...."Joy-Ride"

I am also fully aware that you can't market that way. And its just nit-picking on a snearker forum but nike are master marketers so i expected more from a $180 shoe that you want to sell to the masses then....how about recovery runs? But i know they know better than me. For all i know the "run in them they are great" marketing style they used for say the vapormax backfired when people realized they were too unstable to really make their every day runner and this is their new "more honest" approach or something

Its just marketing... Nike is trying to get casual runners to expand their show lineup from a basic everyday trainer to 3 different shoes - speedwork, everyday trainer, recovery. Potentially double or triple their running shoe sales if they are successful at marketing this... nothing more than this.

Back
Top Bottom