Nike Joyride

Up until the mid-late 90's people used to run in one shoe that would be considered basically firm or medium firm and damn near cushionless by todays standards. And no one complained. And now everyone saying "buhhh buhhhh muhhhhh recoveryyy" and "buhhh buhhh muhhhhhh fast days"
What a bunch of children we've become. "Recovery day"......shut up

Up until the mid-late 90's people used to run in one shoe that would be considered basically firm or medium firm and damn near cushionless by todays standards. And no one complained. And now everyone saying "buhhh buhhhh muhhhhh recoveryyy" and "buhhh buhhh muhhhhhh fast days"

out of curiosity whats your running background?

Don’t like it don’t buy it. Some of y’all get your panties in a bunch over such little things.
I know man. Crazy talk sometimes. Sneaker wear and fit is subjective to each individual. It is cool to listen to some reviews and what not but ultimately YOU won’t know unless you give them a spin.

Yes you are acting rather childish.

Oh almost certainly. But there's appearance and then there's empirical testing. I was holding out hope, however small, that these might have some performance capability. But as I assumed and seemingly has been confirmed here, nope.

Shalane went through many iterations of the shoe helping design the final product. I'm still iffy on paying $180 for recovery shoes but i wouldn't consider it a joke of a running shoe like the vapormax.

After running 3 miles on a treadmill yesterday these are going to be strictly that. I’m going to wear them every day I run for the next 25 days to try to see if they need to be broken in fully before they get the desired feel but right now after wearing them casually and or a run they feel a little stiff and the cushioning almost creates an arch in my foot which isn’t a horrible thing given that I have semi flat arches but these are a little much. I’m hoping after wearing them in they perform a little better

My walking boot uses what I think is similar bead technology for recovery and support. The key difference is an air pump where you suck the air out to seal the beads in place once they've conformed to your foot/leg. This way you don't get the constant shifting and/or bottoming out.

Ok, so I am pretty active runner, 1:24 HM, 3:10 Full (1st mara), shooting for sub 3.

I own the Vaporflys (Next %, 4%), Turbos (1 and 2) and the zoom fly flyknits (2,3).

Have tested the vomero, epic react

The Joyrides are garbage running shoes. (period). They feel like react and I dont notice anything special running in them versus any other shoe. Perhaps for 100$ they would be OK, but not at 180$ when you can buy zoom flys or turbos for the same price for serious runners. These felt like lifestyle shoes branded for running.

Additionally they have a vomero like air pocket under the ball of foot which is really annoying, especially with any medium to thick socks if going true to size. It just kept bothering me when walking and would go in/out during my tempo runs. I can get a new pair of 4%'s for the price and would rather use Turbos (150 after discount + 7% cash back) for my recovery shoe instead of these dipping dot shoes.

Maybe they will create better version of this tech, but I wouldnt bother for any serious runners. I did like the rubber outsole options though and retro pump like look, but they still got sent back.

Ok, so I am pretty active runner, 1:24 HM, 3:10 Full (1st mara), shooting for sub 3.

I own the Vaporflys (Next %, 4%), Turbos (1 and 2) and the zoom fly flyknits (2,3).

Have tested the vomero, epic react

The Joyrides are garbage running shoes. (period). They feel like react and I dont notice anything special running in them versus any other shoe. Perhaps for 100$ they would be OK, but not at 180$ when you can buy zoom flys or turbos for the same price for serious runners. These felt like lifestyle shoes branded for running.

Additionally they have a vomero like air pocket under the ball of foot which is really annoying, especially with any medium to thick socks if going true to size. It just kept bothering me when walking and would go in/out during my tempo runs. I can get a new pair of 4%'s for the price and would rather use Turbos (150 after discount + 7% cash back) for my recovery shoe instead of these dipping dot shoes.

Maybe they will create better version of this tech, but I wouldnt bother for any serious runners. I did like the rubber outsole options though and retro pump like look, but they still got sent back.

How do you think they'd be strictly for casual wear?

Definitely don’t like these even as a recovery day shoe.

Fit just felt off and cushioning doesn’t do much for me. I’d prefer just a basic pair of Pegasus and I do feel you can run in anything. Hell my first marathon I basically trained in some Frees but the fit on this shoe just seems sloppy. But this is IMO, everyone’s fit is different.

67171406_378107892898843_86645650183773140_n.jpg
67384070_883508678650580_3625704686215608305_n.jpg
61747376_142855516921158_3713036622545570163_n.jpg
66409532_427267214664995_6214301787904311510_n.jpg
66331950_110602293453213_8267244171682105076_n.jpg
67076065_492438224917557_2197325988300217526_n.jpg
68758136_2461150560590956_5503400867373671366_n.jpg

negative review here (more like first impression)... funny that he takes credit for saying VMs were bad runners though when i dont know anyone who took that shoe seriously for actual running :lol:

This guy complains too much. I'm not gonna watch cause he's annoying.

I got mine today. Going back to Nike shortly. They are decent comfort wise. I couldn’t see myself running in them though. If I can catch a few decent color ways below $100 I might pick up a few pairs for casual wear.. No way these are a $180 sneaker. ER1 & ER2 blow these away IMO.

negative review here (more like first impression)... funny that he takes credit for saying VMs were bad runners though when i dont know anyone who took that shoe seriously for actual running :lol:

2:00

"....noticeably more snug than Epic Reacts......"

Yikes.
Might have to pass if that is the case.
Epics are perfect.
This shoe looks super narrow, My first thought with that sock liner was "this is only wearable if barefoot"

Yikes.
Epics are perfect.
This shoe looks super narrow, My first thought with that sock liner was "this is only wearable if barefoot"

Supersnug IMO.

Tightest most restricting flyknit shoe I’ve worn.

Yikes.
Epics are perfect.
They’re allot more stretchy than epics too though I tried them on...

Nike Joyride NSW Setter
Release Date: August 14th, 2019
$190
Color: White/Black
Style Code: AT6395-100

nike-joyride-nsw-setter-pure-platinum-at6395-100-3.jpg

nike-joyride-nsw-setter-pure-platinum-at6395-100-1.jpg

nike-joyride-nsw-setter-pure-platinum-at6395-100-6.jpg

nike-joyride-nsw-setter-pure-platinum-at6395-100-5.jpg

nike-joyride-nsw-setter-pure-platinum-at6395-100-4.jpg

nike-joyride-nsw-setter-pure-platinum-at6395-100-2.jpg

Back