Nike Joyride

I have to be honest, after my initial excitement about these, I ended up returning my pair. The tech is fun, but if they're just going to end up a casual shoe, then $180 is far too steep.

Like others, I will probably grab a pair of these when they drop in price. Likely those black ones to go with most things. As a casual shoe, the Joyride tech will be great, but for any kind of longer run, I don't think they will be above Boost, React, etc.

What can the Setter do better than any of the react shoes (presto, epic, element, vapor street) in all day wear? And that starting price is way too much and it's heavier.

Still looking forward to trying it out.

This tech is probably purely for casual use; Nike just didn’t want to call that out since most of their strictly causal shoes have a hard time gaining steam.

Their “recovery run” spin was probably to give it some appearance of an athletic shoe but now they have serious runners trying it and leaving unimpressed.

What I wanna know is how do they come up with the retail price? Throw darts at a board?
People would've been all over them for casual use if they were 120$ tops. But they wanna make you believe since its new "tech" that its worth 180$.
Theyre ****ing beads for christ sake. Someone over at Nike thinks a handful of rubber beads is worth 60$

not saying i agree with the price or trying to justify it but its really not as simple as that

they have to come up with the bladded-esque system to contain the beads and as mentioned earlier in the thread, puma has done this and they did their sloppily and not resulting in the same feeling and nike even sued them for it so the shoe/system/tech has been in development for years

its also finding the correct type of rubber compound for the beads, the right ones that will expand and condense and then make a sole/containment to make it stable enough for running

at the end of the day, if it was so simple and easy and cheap then other brands would have come up with already like what puma tried to do

at the end of the say it probably cost them a couple of bucks as usual to make the shoes and it might be a terrible runner like the vapormax (that ones also $180?) but some credit has to at least be given for them trying

look at adidas running line-up, they are practically all the same and everyone is pretty much stealing the plate system nike has made popular

The Nike return policy is great. If they're not all that return then wait for clearance.
I got a pair to try on but really to take advantage of the $30 off for another product. Win-win for me hehe

The Nike return policy is great. If they're not all that return then wait for clearance.
I got a pair to try on but really to take advantage of the $30 off for another product. Win-win for me hehe
You can literally beat them into the ground for a month and still send them back for a full refund :lol:

EBl8CfbUYAE_pLn

EBl8CfbUYAATHsO

EBl8CfdVUAAloDv

i agree with the other guy, like do yall look at ultraboosts ans say those dont look like 180 dollar shoes? I could see if this was a regular foam runner but theres definitely a little more engineering involved in this shoe to warrant the price but i could see the argument if you take in consideration that this isn't truly a runner. Im going to wait for the NSW's but im not sure if i want them at 190, 180 i would've bit i do understand the price.only IF the comfort is that good.

i agree with the other guy, like do yall look at ultraboosts ans say those dont look like 180 dollar shoes? I could see if this was a regular foam runner but theres definitely a little more engineering involved in this shoe to warrant the price but i could see the argument if you take in consideration that this isn't truly a runner. Im going to wait for the NSW's but im not sure if i want them at 190, 180 i would've bit i do understand the price.only IF the comfort is that good.

If $10 is your tilt you need a new hobby.

I got my second run in these yesterday and it was definitely better than my first. During the first run it felt like something was just sticking into my left foot around the mid foot area. After I moved the beads around they felt good but not $180 good. I got them for $90 so i won't be sending them back but these aren't worth anything near their retail price

I got my second run in these yesterday and it was definitely better than my first. During the first run it felt like something was just sticking into my left foot around the mid foot area. After I moved the beads around they felt good but not $180 good. I got them for $90 so i won't be sending them back but these aren't worth anything near their retail price
Where’d You cop for 90

Back
Top Bottom