Nike KD 12

I’m a fan of red. Is there a release date?
58C9A167-5F59-4228-A3BF-7536B6F31B38.jpeg

Can someone that has played basketball in the KD 12s please give me a review of the ankle support? Would be appreciated!

Used a proxy (Parcl) in Asia for the first time to grab the 90s. Pretty solid experience so far. Unfortunately hearing bleak news about a US re-release but still holding out hope.

Black pair from NDC comes tomorrow to try for hoops on TH and will give my thoughts. Plan to move on from PG3 NASA.

purchased the black pair from a friends swoosh account with no receipt, wondering if its possible to swap for a red pair when they release?

Used a proxy (Parcl) in Asia for the first time to grab the 90s. Pretty solid experience so far. Unfortunately hearing bleak news about a US re-release but still holding out hope.

Black pair from NDC comes tomorrow to try for hoops on TH and will give my thoughts. Plan to move on from PG3 NASA.
Hit my DMs with that link bro, it’d be much appreciated!

Schwollo’s review was pretty close to my experience. I still think we’re a solid outsole away from a classic. One thing I didn’t agree with is that there’s a noticeable difference between the forefoot articulated zoom and a regular zoom unit, but I def respect his opinion

Got my KD12s in last week from NDC and have been shooting around in them for a few days. Fit is TTS for me. The improved stability, lockdown and containment and having an actual tongue are all welcome improvements from the 11s. They definitely feel like a low but in a mid cut that doesn't shred my achilles like the 11s did. Upper materials don't feel premium, but they work well so far. Traction has been very good. The zoom directly underfoot feels nice but the overall cushion setup just okay so far. Midsole starts out firm (I hate Nike's stiff @## phylon) and is still firm a few days later. Makes the shoe feel clunky on heel to toe transition and the impact protection suffers a bit. Really wish Nike had used a softer phylon, cushlon or react instead. So far I've enjoyed the react and zoom setup in the 11s better. I'm hoping with more break in the midsole will soften up which will make the cushioning come to life. I have some extended pickup runs coming in the next few days which should help break the shoes in more and give me a better sense if these shoes are staying with me or going back to Nike.

Put in another few hours. Cushion feels even better. The tpu panel wasn't noticeable at all anymore.

After being more attuned to the cushion, I did find a complaint.

The forefoot zoom doesn't completely cover my forefoot left to right. The ball of your foot still sinks in and is responsive but I can feel a portion of my foot on the medial side hanging on edge.

I'm not sure if this is due to the width of my foot or the limitations of fitting the zoom within the parameters of a strobel board on an already narrow design. It could also be both.

Not a game changer but worth noting. I'm still blown away by the shoe. It kind of breaks the mold of having to choose between a max cushion setup or a light minimal setup and accepting the tradeoffs as you go in either direction. We're having our cake and eating it too.

yo i actually experienced what you're talking about and i have a regular width foot, so i think it's because this shoe was made for KD's narrow *** feet

Saw these at foot locker, they're nice. Sturdy and light in hand. Makes me second guess my lebron 16 purchase and kinda want these instead but too late for that.

I'll pay retail for the 90s kids otherwise I'll cop whatever is in outlets later on in the year

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom