Votes: 1 10.0%
  • .5 Size Down

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 1 Size Up

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 1 Size Down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Snagged the grey elites at NDC in their flash sale. Used e-Certs from discover to reduce oop cost. Good deal for the tech.

Fit is a thousand times better than the 9's in my opinion. The OG's were OD tight around the tongue area. Also super narrow on the sides. Joint killed my feet but the traction and responsiveness was top notch so I dealt with it. As for popping bags issue, I've yet to ball hard in the elites so only time will tell. They fixed that zoom separation connection thingy that kept snapping. It's now one solid chunk instead of a flimsy brittle piece.

I'd say cop the regular 9s for the great price, but honestly the elites have been worth EVERY penny so far.

Thanks bro! Everything I needed to know. I absolutely love my 9 elites, they are now my go to, was/am hoping the 9s are a similar experience

What did you do for sizing on the 9 Elites? I personally went half down and it's spot on for width and length. Same on the 9s?

Last edited:
I wear a size 11 for 90% of nikes. With the elites, I have a tiny bit more room in the toe but perfect fit everywhere else. I might have been able to go a half size down but they felt so good I didn't wanna risk it

The 9's I could barely fit my foot through on a size 11. Tight on tongue and sides. Legit couldn't put on a pair of 10.5's. Couldn't even force my foot in. A size 11.5 was comical clown shoes size lol

TS order arrived from NDC yesterday. First KDs for me. I like them a lot. A little on the narrow side. I think it will be a little difficult to put on with an ankle brace. I love how the top lace loops go around the back and you can pull them forward to tighten up the lockdown in the heel area.

No Kobe 11 What The
No KD 9 What The
No Lebron 13 What The
Kyrie 2 is the only recent Nike basketball shoe with w "What The". Could this be the end? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

No Kobe 11 What The
No KD 9 What The
No Lebron 13 What The
Kyrie 2 is the only recent Nike basketball shoe with w "What The". Could this be the end? [emoji]129300[/emoji]
thought dey announced a while back they were doin away with the "What the"?

If they did I don't recall. There's also a What The Nike SB releasing so I dunno
It's not a "What The". It's a collab with Artist Thomas Campbell. The Same guy who did the art for Chronicles 3.

Don't know why some of those bum sneaker sites called it the "what the". They say a mismatched looking show and jumped the gun to the be the first to report it, I guess. 

Last edited:
View media item 2455933
Zoom hasnt popped (yet) but i got a little peel action.

Not sure how comfortable i feel hoopin in these now. Ive hooped in these about 10 times. Voucher worthy?

This happened on my only other pair of Kd 9s

How has this not happened to y'all? I'm 2 for 2

I've hooped in these no more than 3-4 times. I was reaching down to wipe and felt it, I'm like wtf

I sent in my other to Nike claims last week, waiting to hear back. I really wanted to keep these though. Ima see if I can glue it back down. View media item 2471089

This happened on my only other pair of Kd 9s

How has this not happened to y'all? I'm 2 for 2

I've hooped in these no more than 3-4 times. I was reaching down to wipe and felt it, I'm like wtf

I sent in my other to Nike claims last week, waiting to hear back. I really wanted to keep these though. Ima see if I can glue it back down. View media item 2471089

Yeah my friend who only wore them to coach basketball had the entire outsole just fall off too

Around the time the elites came out, they changed the forefoot "bridge" from perforated to solid. Now the zoom pops a lot less often and they used the same design for the KD10.

Around the time the elites came out, they changed the forefoot "bridge" from perforated to solid. Now the zoom pops a lot less often and they used the same design for the KD10.

Is that in response to my sole glue issue or just a random thought you're sharing :nerd:

Yeah my friend who only wore them to coach basketball had the entire outsole just fall off too

Damn for real [emoji]128563[/emoji]
Gives me pause to glue em back down, maybe I should just send em back. I think I'll try glue though. Not sure what kind I need to grab

Damn for real [emoji]128563[/emoji]
Gives me pause to glue em back down, maybe I should just send em back. I think I'll try glue though. Not sure what kind I need to grab

If you really want to glue, I know those shoe restorers use some sort of barge cement and I've personally tried using this stuff called shoe goo from any local supermarket. But honestly I would just send them back unless you really love the shoe that much

Last edited:
If you really want to glue, I know those shoe restorers use some sort of barge cement and I've personally tried using this stuff called shoe goo from any local supermarket. But honestly I would just send them back unless you really love the shoe that much

[emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji] I hit up the homie who does restorations and he gave me the 411. I'll see what I can do and if it doesn't hold up I'll send em back.
It's not that I love em that much but it's the Gold medals which are [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] and I've finally gotten used to the poor lockdown and have enjoyed hooping in em [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] full length articulated zoom is a godsend

[emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji] I hit up the homie who does restorations and he gave me the 411. I'll see what I can do and if it doesn't hold up I'll send em back.
It's not that I love em that much but it's the Gold medals which are [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] and I've finally gotten used to the poor lockdown and have enjoyed hooping in em [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] full length articulated zoom is a godsend
Imo you should send them in asap. Even if you fix the bottoms via glue, there's a good possibility that the zoom Bag will pop also lol, I'd rather not risk it personally but of course it's up to you.

Imo you should send them in asap. Even if you fix the bottoms via glue, there's a good possibility that the zoom Bag will pop also lol, I'd rather not risk it personally but of course it's up to you.

Yea send them in. Get the $150 or more gift voucher. Buy another pair for the low

giphy.gif

The good thing about a shoe having a blow out is it typically isn't as violent as a tire blowout so as long as you have a backup you'll be fine but no use delaying the inevitable

Back
Top Bottom