NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

No luck on the restock but did get one of my McDowell kobe Memory tees in and expecting the other color soon.

Last edited:
Gorgeous!!!!
BA806777-EE29-41EE-B723-FA40B11D8EBB.jpeg

Kobe got great tech in his line. I believe he was the first player to have a flyknit basketball shoe.

I'm talking after he retired. it kinda went downhill from there.

you see KDs with double stacked zooms, lebrons with zoom combined airmax....meanwhile Nike can't even put 1 zoom unit in a "Protro" shoes which supposedly has "better and upgraded" techs than the original. hell Nike even lied about the Fade to Black series saying they contain zoom units lmao.

I'm talking after he retired. it kinda went downhill from there.

you see KDs with double stacked zooms, lebrons with zoom combined airmax....meanwhile Nike can't even put 1 zoom unit in a "Protro" shoes which supposedly has "better and upgraded" techs than the original. hell Nike even lied about the Fade to Black series saying they contain zoom units lmao.
That’s a fair point. After he retired, they really **** on the line. Nike probably wanted to focus on their active players, but I think that’s a mistake because Kobe’s line is the most popular since Jordan’s.

Nike may have dropped the ball aesthetically on some of the releases post retirement, but they were still decent from a performance standpoint. Not sure if Zoom turbo technology on the market when the Protro 4's released but that would have been a nice upgrade on that model, otherwise the other Protros have been really good. Can't expect a max cushion type setup in his line... most of the shoes past the Kobe 8's only had some type of lunar foam and heel zoom anyway. ZT is low to the ground but yet gives the shoe some nice responsiveness at the same time.

IMO same thing happened to Kobe brand that happened to Jordan brand post retirement...without seeing Kobe or MJ wearing them on the court none of the shoes had the same aura around them. That's always been part of the appeal to me at least, signature shoes and signature on court moments.

That’s a fair point. After he retired, they really **** on the line. Nike probably wanted to focus on their active players, but I think that’s a mistake because Kobe’s line is the most popular since Jordan’s.

This isn't true

The AD Mids and Exodus were great performers and pretty popular in the league. Don’t think Nike neglected the line at all

I get he's the "Sneaker King" of the NBA and all, but these Exclusives need to be given to DeMar DeRozen...

Weird thing to care about. What is it to you if PJ and Sabonis and Booker and Holiday and AD etc get exclusives? Like why does that matter at all?

You said it as if it actually matters...

Now if you said the PE’s/exclusives need to be made available to the public.... now we’re talking. THAT matters!

PJ is the King of Self Promotion lol. I never really looked at him as the face of the Kobe brand, doesn’t he still wear lots of other models in addition to Kobe’s? Seems like DeMar and Booker only wear KB’s so if anyone is the carrying the torch I’d have those guys in front of Tucker. They both had a pair of limited PE Protro 1’s that dropped, and pair of Suns and Spurs Undefeated IV’s. Demar and PJ were the only ones to have a pair of V’s that released and so far no one has any PE VI’s that dropped.

Weird thing to care about. What is it to you if PJ and Sabonis and Booker and Holiday and AD etc get exclusives? Like why does that matter at all?
You said it as if it actually matters...
Now if you said the PE’s/exclusives need to be made available to the public.... now we’re talking. THAT matters!

I was referring to the Kobe 6 Journey colorway. Makes more sense to see somebody like DeRozen get that kinda treatment for special Kobes. PJ Tucker don't even rock Kobes exclusively.

I was referring to the Kobe 6 Journey colorway. Makes more sense to see somebody like DeRozen get that kinda treatment for special Kobes. PJ Tucker don't even rock Kobes exclusively.

It really doesn’t make more sense at all lol.

I don’t get the insistence on what grown man should get a particular shoe with another grown man’s name on it as opposed to some other guy.

If Bol Bol or Joe Harris got the Journey 6’s it wouldn’t be a huge deal. They’re all pros with some kind of apparel deal or otherwise.

Nothing personal, theres just no REAL rigorous logic to what you’re saying.

It really doesn’t make more sense at all lol.

I don’t get the insistence on what grown man should get a particular shoe with another grown man’s name on it as opposed to some other guy.

If Bol Bol or Joe Harris got the Journey 6’s it wouldn’t be a huge deal. They’re all pros with some kind of apparel deal or otherwise.

Nothing personal, theres just no REAL rigorous logic to what you’re saying.

I don't get why it doesn't make sense to you, but I guess you just have a different opinion than I do when it comes to sneakers.
In my opinion it would be kinda weird to see Bol Bol or Joe Harris get a special exclusive like that too considering they don't really represent the face of the Kobe line like DeRozen does.

First, PJ is not THE face of the Kobe line, he’s become a face of the line tho. Second, he doesn’t fit the Kobe System nor the ideal of Mamba Mentality, especially on the court. As stated, his passion for kicks is appreciated. He’s a sneaker-head, that just so happens to be in the league. But if Kobe was here (|l) and wanted to have athletes be a part of his line, I’m pretty sure PJ would not be one.

man the mantra "mamba mentality" alone is more popular than KD lol.

nike can't have a retired player bigger than their active ones (unless its MJ). this would cause them big $$$ imo

Back
Top Bottom