NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Possible reps

Swoosh is off (doesn’t have the spray paint look)
swoosh showing wear too soon
Tongue too big

All common rep flaws

Tongue height/size is consistent with other releases (see Devin booker's pair)
devin-booker-nike-kobe-6-protro-pe-phoenix-suns-what-pros-wear-e1615255454840.jpg

It's an NBA game, there will be signs of wear... Prob not the first game worn for JBs pair either.

The matte finish looks consistent. Only the scales are gloss, which is also consistent with the authentic pair.

JBs pair is authentic...

Imo

Last edited:
Yea other than some of Ja's pairs.... these are good imo as well. I've watched enough Jaylen Brown games and he wears his pairs over..... and obviously he doesn't have the amount of pairs like Dbook... or DD... even Sabonis at that. Sabonis been on his Kobe PE mode last couple seasons

Possible reps

Swoosh is off (doesn’t have the spray paint look)
swoosh showing wear too soon
Tongue too big

All common rep flaws

It’s funny asf that NBA players who make absolute bank can’t afford to authenticate their shoes

It’s funny asf that NBA players who make absolute bank can’t afford to authenticate their shoes
That's a oxymoron.... they def can afford it. We obviously don't know as far as Ja how his pairs were obtained and such. Hey he maybe even wanted them 🤷🏾‍♂️

Jaylen doesn’t rotate shoes that often. He wore his gold pair in the finals and all summer for workouts as a reminder and wore em until they busted. I believe those del sols are older too, he wore last year as well

sabonis pair is legit. spray paint effect is there on the swoosh.
shoe.jpg

one of the biggest flaws in earlier batches of fakes is the scales here in this area. retail are NEVER like this regardless of size (go check your retail pairs or compare to legit stock images), however, ironically enough, nikeid pairs have this flaw for some reason.

this flaw has been somewhat fixed in newer, different batches of fakes but it's very inconsistent. sometimes too high, sometimes too low. the issue with brown's pair is not only this but also the swoosh peeling and lack of the spray paint look.

shoe2.jpg

older batch of fakes, inconsistent scales and no spray paint swoosh effect:
shoe3.jpg

shoe5.jpg

newer batch, different factory, but still can't get it right. sometimes too high, sometimes too low:

shoe6.jpg

stockx image. spray paint effect is there and scales are perfect. retail will be consistent all across, go check your pairs if you'd like.. all mine are perfectly aligned (both protro and OG) except for my nikeid's.

shoe4.jpg

**what i believe is happening when it comes to fakes is that they're using the same materials across multiple sizes. nike has set materials for every size whereas these factories don't have the money to create them for all sizes so they improvise and if it fits, it fits.**

Last edited:
Tongue height/size is consistent with other releases (see Devin booker's pair)
devin-booker-nike-kobe-6-protro-pe-phoenix-suns-what-pros-wear-e1615255454840.jpg

It's an NBA game, there will be signs of wear... Prob not the first game worn either.

The matte finish looks consistent. Only the scales are gloss, which is also consistent with the authentic pair.

JBs pair is authentic...

Imo

jaylen's pair is 100% fake. here is bookers PE. no flaws in the upper and materials all consistent.

jaylen's pair is 100% fake. here is bookers PE. no flaws in the upper and materials all consistent.

You're wrong. It's ok to be wrong man. It's when you double down on wrong, that's the problem. Ask Kyrie.

the reasons why YOU pointed out his pair being fake are bogus. I have the pair JB wore in my closet now and everything I said in my rebuttal is consistent between his pair and the released to public pairs.

Again
1. the tongue height is consistent with booker's PE on JBs pair.
2. The signs of wear on his pair are from multiple games of usage. (even during 1 NBA game, you can destroy a pair.)
3. On that particular release, the swoosh is more matte(a different finish) behind the scales and the scales have a gloss finish.
20230114_125926.jpg

You're comparing a gr release of a different colorway to a pe.

I just compared the 2 to show you that the tongue height was consistent. Nothing else.

Last edited:
I haven't been in on the ja Morant fake Kobe 6 conversations.

I don't know if his pairs in question are fake or real. However, I will say that the inference of a Nike tier 1 athlete with crazy access rocking fakes is WILD! the 12th guy in the bench that really wants to keep up with the Joneses... Ok. But a Nike signature athlete? Wow!

I do believe that there was a lot of potential to rock fakes before the Vanessa deal though.

You're wrong. It's ok to be wrong man. It's when you double down on wrong, that's the problem. Ask Kyrie.

the reasons why YOU pointed out his pair being fake are bogus. I have the pair JB wore in my closet now and everything I said in my rebuttal is consistent between his pair and the released to public pairs.

Again
1. the tongue height is consistent with booker's PE on JBs pair.
2. The signs of wear on his pair are from multiple games of usage. (even during 1 NBA game, you can destroy a pair.)
3. On that particular release, the swoosh is more matte(a different finish) behind the scales and the scales have a gloss finish.
20230114_125926.jpg

I just compared the 2 to show you that the tongue height was consistent. Nothing else.

bro are you blind? i literally just pointed out the flaw that his pairs have that your retail pair does NOT.

look at how even the scales are on your pair (it's straight) his pair, where the scales end, is not consistent like retail. OG retails are the same way..

what the **** you talking about? i compared retail to fakes.

i shouldn't argue with people that started buying kobe's in january 2020. bunch of clowns.

Last edited:
bro are you blind? i literally just pointed out the flaw that his pairs have that your retail pair does NOT.

look at how even the scales are on your pair (it's straight) his pair, where the scales end, is not consistent like retail. OG retails are the same way..

what the **** you talking about? i compared retail to fakes.

i shouldn't argue with people that started buying kobe's in january 2020. bunch of clowns.
Watch who you calling clown buddy. You'd never say that to me face to face, I'm 100% sure of that.

I'd never say it to you either online or face to face because I keep it respectful.

Keep it respectful.

I'm 44 years old. I've been into sneakers since the 80s. (Same age as Kobe) how old are you?

I'm going off of STUFF YOU SAID.

YOU said the tongue height was incorrect. That's false
YOU said the swoosh paint was inconsistent. That's also false.
YOU said signs of wear show that JBs pair is fake. Again, false.

I do agree that that scales section on the lateral and sometimes medial side could be an indication of a replica pair.

I also know that Nike QC is so inconsistent that any given part of any shoe can be inconsistent. But that doesn't make it fake.

If you compare worn Booker pe with DS Booker PE, that line you point out on the scales is just as hard to spot as it is on JBs pair.

You didn't even include that in your original post! You went to that section after I gave you evidence that what you were initially saying was false.

My pair is DS. Of course that line is going to be pronounced. I'm also sure that his scale area YOU HIGHLIGHTED is there minus several games of lateral roll and heavy usage. It's definitely not consistent with those fakes you posted.

You calling me a novice while attempting to compare a colorway of a general release to the colorway of a pe is wild. Especially when you can do a DIRECT 1 TO 1 COMPARISON WITH IT'S RELEASE!

aceofjays aceofjays keep that popcorn in the pantry.

Regarding JBs pair, he's wrong and...

I just agree to disagree.

Few days ago vs Nov.

2 different shoes. The creases from November are not present from recent pair. Check out the differences in the swoosh and scales.

[Downloader.la]-63c314d461114.jpg

[Downloader.la]-63c3195d4e4da.jpg

Watch who you calling clown buddy. You'd never say that to me face to face, I'm 100% sure of that.

I'd never say it to you either online or face to face because I keep it respectful.

Keep it respectful.

I'm 44 years old. I've been into sneakers since the 80s. (Same age as Kobe) how old are you?

I'm going off of STUFF YOU SAID.

YOU said the tongue height was incorrect. That's false
YOU said the swoosh paint was inconsistent. That's also false.
YOU said signs of wear show that JBs pair is fake. Again, false.

I do agree that that scales section on the lateral and sometimes medial side could be an indication of a replica pair.

I also know that Nike QC is so inconsistent that any given part of any shoe can be inconsistent. But that doesn't make it fake.

You didn't even include that in your original post! You went to that section after I gave you evidence that what you were initially saying was false.

My pair is DS. Of course that line is going to be pronounced. I'm also sure that his scale area YOU HIGHLIGHTED is there minus several games of lateral roll and heavy usage. It's definitely not consistent with those fakes you posted.

You calling me a novice while attempting to compare a colorway of a general release to the colorway of a pe is wild. Especially when you can do a DIRECT 1 TO 1 COMPARISON WITH IT'S RELEASE!

aceofjays aceofjays keep that popcorn in the pantry.

Regarding JBs pair, he's wrong and...

I just agree to disagree.

I would say it to your face.

Nike QC I agree is **** but anyone with a retail pair has this right, I guarantee it. I haven't seen a flaw like this in OG's or Protro's. Only Fakes.

44 years old bringing up Kyrie as if that's relevant to this discussion.

We can agree to disagree, but at the end of the day, you posted a pair of protro's (legit) that don't look like JB's whereas I'm actually telling you why they're fake.

I would say it to your face.
It's my experience that dudes that are built this way online, and pop off, usually aren't built that way in person. Maybe, you're that 1 in a billion exception? Maybe not.

I really really hope we have the chance to find out one day.

As for me, I respect everybody. Including you. So I don't go there.

Everything else, agree to disagree.

But a Nike signature athlete? Wow!

I do believe that there was a lot of potential to rock fakes before the Vanessa deal though.
I posted this in the IV thread before but your last sentence is exactly what happened. Bro was going ham with the fakes including both OG and protro colorways. He even gave away a pair of fakes to a kid after a game. Poor kid :rofl:

I posted this in the IV thread before but your last sentence is exactly what happened. Bro was going ham with the fakes including both OG and protro colorways. He even gave away a pair of fakes to a kid after a game. Poor kid :rofl:

Well, like I said...I wasn't sure if that was the case or not. So I definitely wasn't going to debate that.

It's just hard to believe that a Nike sig athlete would do that.

Back
Top Bottom