NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

The 8 has the best fit of any shoe ever. Even after the lunar on them bottoms out that’s still a perfect shoe.

The 9 wasn’t as great to me comfort wise.
disagree

fit for me on the 8 was bad, very loose which was weird and yes bought my normal size

Zoom cushioning > lunar base any day. Way more responsive and durable.

The unfortunate thing is that the 4, 5, and 6 had were legendary performers but each had a flaw that kept them from being perfect:

-4 - Forefoot lunar bottomed out after heavy play otherwise had the best herringbone traction.
-5 - Average traction otherwise perfect glove like fit and best heel cap lock down, good zoom cushioning.
-6 - Slightly better traction than the 5 but not as good as the 4, heelcup and fit not as solid and reliable as the 5, otherwise IMO best cushioning setup and best aesthetics for the signature 'mamba' shoe.

I think if they combined the 4, 5 and 6 into a single shoe, the traction of the 4, the glove like fit of the 5, and the aesthetic and cushioning of the 6, it would have been the all time GOAT kobe shoe and bball performance shoe.

I miss kobe.

mostly agree with this, but I found going down 1/2 size in the 6 improved the overall fit around the heel since the shoe felt wider than the 4/5.

You mean our feet are different? Wow.

4/5/6 fit like a glove tho

never was a fan of the 8 and said for years never understood the hype and love for them. They did have some nice color ways too bad they didn’t-perform well outside of the fit as well

never was a fan of the 8 and said for years never understood the hype and love for them. They did have some nice color ways too bad they didn’t-perform well outside of the fit as well

Hype? Those things sat on shelves for MONTHS.

It was the sleek look, nice colorways and lightness of the model that I think did it for everyone on the 8s. They just didn’t have the longevity or on court performance of the 5/6

Maybe for you!

8s were the truth on the court

Did u ever play in them or just try them on at the store lol

20200510_184403.jpg

Only pair of 6's I kept. Glad we will get more.

Maybe for you!

Played about 2 weeks in them and a league game.

went back to my VI. Luckily I had 2 pairs that weren’t beatar the time

Maybe for you!

8s with the LeBron 11 insoles or just a cheap ebay full length zoom drop in... 👌👌👌Still my #1 setup. Man it's been so long since I balled, starting to forget what it felt like.

Hope things open up shortly. Stay safe fam!

8s with the LeBron 11 insoles or just a cheap ebay full length zoom drop in... 👌👌👌Still my #1 setup. Man it's been so long since I balled, starting to forget what it felt like.

Hope things open up shortly. Stay safe fam!

Are these insoles still sold today? Got Any links?

Are these insoles still sold today? Got Any links?

The ones I bought were from a seller long ago. Don't see them on ebay anymore. There are still LeBron 11s being sold but don't see any just selling the insole. The ones on eBay which I use were only 6 bucks and was just the air unit, full length.

If you just search zoom air unit on ebay there is one seller but comes with an insole and not just the air unit. Not sure how well these will work since I use the original Kobe 8 insole and slip the full length zoom unit under.

Cant find pics but here is an old clip

Doesn’t look like they’re going to drop the 5s this year, but I like the 6s more anyways. Those scales just scream mamba. I’m cool with the original black and yellow and of course the grinches.

Takes me back to college seeing those.

edit - I forgot about all the colors for All Star being in LA. Those Sunsets would be great to release as well as the main All Star Colorway. They can keep the 3D Glasses pair.

Last edited:
Thank you Nike. :smokin :smokin

Giving my favorite hoop shoe the proper treatment.

Pic from a couple (7) years ago:

B6EA8DD4-ECDF-4412-8380-7C5B86F9D120.jpeg

There were a couple more 6s that weren’t present. The 7s were invited to the party, but weren’t asked to get in the picture

As a community We have to rename the kobe 6 [Redacted]

Back
Top Bottom