NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

I heard some guy in his early 20s refer to a 32 year-old (gorgeous) woman as an "old lady."

It really hit me in all the feels. Mostly rage, though.
:rofl:
It’s interesting ... when you’re a teen or early/mid 20-something, people in their 30s do seem old. But once you cross 30 or so, people in their 40s don’t, and a lot of that feeling about age goes away. Maybe I’m influenced in this by the fact I’ve always had friends of various ages. When I was 24, some of my best friends were 12 or 13 years older than me. I realized they weren’t much different. Anyway, back to the shoes LOL

This. I'm 32 I don't see me even wanting to wear grinches in my 40s. I'd rather pay the extra to wear now. Even if I paid 200 more what's the cost of that over 10 years of waiting (just to likely strike out).
Many Christmases ago in 2009, a man in his 60s-70s wore reissued Space Jams and broke my neck. This is why I will wear sneakers at any age. 5 years to 40s
7C19051E-21F5-4684-B997-A66D57A13C9B.jpeg
ahoy!

Haha. You might be wanting to rock grinches in your 40s.... I been wearing J’s and Nike bball since high school... I’m 36, in 10 years you’re not gonna find me switched to Monarchs and Stacey Adams sandals... we are who we are at this point imo. Well evolve but not change. But yea grinches are loud lol

What u mean?

I was just kidding. I'm in the same boat lol.
I'm 36, now and I already got on some extra wide Hokas LOL. I need the courts to open up so I can hoop in some grinches at least.

I can’t hoop in no $200+ shoes. I just can’t. I ball in nothing but beaters. Never been hurt ever.

Deed is done. Just shy of a rack for two size 14s. Whatever.

Honestly after the 8s retro (and maybe Lebron X) I'll probably duck out of this hobby, aside from a pair of Jordans here or there.
I feel your sentiment. Part of the reason I didn't feel too bad about spending $481 shipped on these is, there ain't much I'm dying to have at this point. Only a few pairs of Kobes (and it's probably gonna be some time before we see them, as one pair is the Del Sol 4, another is the POP 5, and yet another is the "strength" Orca version of the 2 that will probably never even be retroed). About 12 specific model/colorway Jordans. And then a handful of "random" bball and Air Max retros (AMs I can count on three or four fingers) that may or may not ever come: Flight Maestro 1, a good Flight Huarache retro, and I could use a new pair of black/red Pippen 1s.

I know I'll never "retire" from this, as they always keep churning stuff out that gets me. But I think my days of buying 15 or so pairs per year (including multiples of some) are nearing their end.

They’re not obligated to do a stock locator on an unreleased sneaker. You throw em $20-$40 and he’ll call the store and have them waiting on you. To me that’s worth it. Or just put $40 in the tank and drive from mall to mall all day.
So if I would have pulled up to your store and wanted a shoe but my size was out, I would have to pay you a minimum of $20 for you to check the stock locator? What would you have said to me exactly?

I dont know what is all the babbling about age and sneakers. Im in my forties, a dad, a lawyer and a teacher and I love my kicks, especially my Kobes and Jordans. My students love that I wear a different pair everyday at school. Some days I get requests so that can match me or do a theme days. My sons too. My older one has already started sharing even though he still 2.5 sizes smaller than me. The little one does the same thing to him. Even my girls have gotten into it. I wear them casually and for ball. And I love my grinches. So glad I got them.

But that being said, I do agree with some of you that my years of buying 20 pairs a year is over. But I think its the sneakers not me. But who knows?

I feel your sentiment. Part of the reason I didn't feel too bad about spending $481 shipped on these is, there ain't much I'm dying to have at this point. Only a few pairs of Kobes (and it's probably gonna be some time before we see them, as one pair is the Del Sol 4, another is the POP 5, and yet another is the "strength" Orca version of the 2 that will probably never even be retroed). About 12 specific model/colorway Jordans. And then a handful of "random" bball and Air Max retros (AMs I can count on three or four fingers) that may or may not ever come: Flight Maestro 1, a good Flight Huarache retro, and I could use a new pair of black/red Pippen 1s.

I know I'll never "retire" from this, as they always keep churning stuff out that gets me. But I think my days of buying 15 or so pairs per year (including multiples of some) are nearing their end.
I’m in the same boat except I’m still getting around 15 pairs a year or more...
Funny cuz if Nike let me buy what I actually wanted to, I’d prob have double the purchases :lol:

It’s 9am in my city. I’m only operating off like a hour or 2 of sleep. My ups delivery is between 10:30-2:30. I don’t want to go to sleep lol
I wasn’t this anxious/excited when my PS5 was on the road lol
I slept through that delivery with no prob lol

but my kobe’s

I wear my Basketball shoes only on court, that is what they were made for, so by the time I will retire I will make them house shoes probably, the weather around my place is sub par half of the year or I move to Phoenix, Arizona LOL!

Anyways I always said that I will only retire when I my body tells me so!

I'm turning 30 this year and don't plan on changing much. Do feel more comfortable wearing some grown man ish now though.

I think there's a difference with Spike wearing 4's compared to grinches though. 4's were period-correct for him and big clunky leather. Grinch 6s are much sleeker and much noisier. Now I know spike wears some wild stuff to the garden, I think it'll be easier to pull of classic colorway Jays as I get older - Black Cat 4's for instance

I will still be wearing kobes or sneakers in general even when I'm at 50, but the colorway choices will obviously be different. Grinches aren't your everyday throw on colorway. But I do see myself wearing the all white undefeated kobe 5 when I'm old. It'll just be another white shoe for an old man.

Age don't matter. Wear and cop what you like haha.

Doubled up on a pair basically local from eBay. Had 1 at retail but needed two of these. Was willing to pay resale for a 2nd pair. I'll just let go of some stuff I haven't been wearing haha.

Back
Top Bottom