NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Well I have a phone because it's 2023 and you need a phone in this day and age. But I don't like to be on my phone compulsively so putting my phone on DND has helped a lot with that. I have some people that can get through the DND (my family and people I earn money from (I work as a caretaker for people's kids)) but other than that, everything else can wait, it's only once or twice a year that I get an EA that is worth it so I ain't sweating it, and if I did miss it, oh well, life goes on. My screen time used to be 10-12 hours average per week, now it's at 2-3 hours and I'm a lot more clear headed and feel a lot better. That trade off is worth it to me, my phone will stay on DND the way I have it now.
That's rookie numbers. I'm on my phone 2-3 hours a day :D

Patiently waiting for pics with black laces

IMG_9204.gif

I wonder what percentage of ppl that cop is gonna hoop in em. In my opinion Kobes don’t belong touching outdoors.
Outdoor courts I hope you mean. Kobes have been integral for some of my fits through the years.... and I've also exclusively hooped in them since ZK 1.

Was gonna post a old fit pic. But you can just check my IG page... beeb2407

Outdoor courts I hope you mean. Kobes have been integral for some of my fits through the years.... and I've also exclusively hooped in them since ZK 1.

Was gonna post a old fit pic. But you can just check my IG page... beeb2407
Ok i just peeped your IG nd i must admit your rocking Kobes the right way with calm fits. But overall nowadays i look at Kobes as strictly a indoor hoop shoe, especially with the protro name added on. In person Ive seen multiple ppl rocking the grinches on court but i never seen anyone with em in the streets. Im just wondering what the general consensus is with this pair since the numbers are alot higher.

I wonder what percentage of ppl that cop is gonna hoop in em. In my opinion Kobes don’t belong touching outdoors.

I can’t play ball anymore so for me it’s a lifestyle shoe since they were my goto shoes to ball between 2008-2015 during my peak days before my knees gave out and stopped allowing me to play. I don’t care how people see it, there’s a nostalgia for me. Especially since I stopped wearing Js around 2012 as well.

I hate gatekeepers but part of me does feel like Protros, especially 5s and 6s are meant to be hooped in. I understand if you're too old now or permanently injured and can't hoop anymore and you wanna cop for nostalgia but all these new people going after Kobes cause they're hyped annoys me.

I hate gatekeepers but part of me does feel like Protros, especially 5s and 6s are meant to be hooped in. I understand if you're too old now or permanently injured and can't hoop anymore and you wanna cop for nostalgia but all these new people going after Kobes cause they're hyped annoys me.

Half the people with this take weren’t buying Kobe 5s/6s when they originally came out *shrug*

I can’t play ball anymore so for me it’s a lifestyle shoe since they were my goto shoes to ball between 2008-2015 during my peak days before my knees gave out and stopped allowing me to play. I don’t care how people see it, there’s a nostalgia for me. Especially since I stopped wearing Js around 2012 as well.
Yea my last pair of purchased and worn JOs were the Steel Reds 10s in '05. Then I got rid of all the JOs I had(03 flint grey 12s, 04 cool grey 4s, those 10s which were all in great shape) and I transitioned to 90s basketball kicks(penny's, Barkleys, pearl foamposite pros) and then Kobes starting with the Del Sol 5s(had gotten the Orca 1s, Orca strength 2s and GM 4s before that for hooping purposes) to start wearing Kobes casually. Going to old Niketown on 57th(iykyk) to lime up for the BHM 6s. I don't know why I don't remember where I got my BHM 7s from, but ASG 7s from 34th str FL. Just walked in on release day, copped and continued to work wattba

Sorry for the story....Just going down memory lane. Because I was mindful of my spending and my living space. Just got the pairs I really had interest in.

I don't get this at all. the OG jordans were built for ball but everyone rocked them on the streets
I'm 38 so I can't speak to that. I know retros for sure. As my schoolmates in jhs rocked the white cement retro 4s(remember those vividly)

Last edited:
We’ve reached a point in this thread now where we’re telling ppl where and how to wear their shoes :lol:
They just giving they opinion. We all know it has no bearing though cuz you rock where and how you want.

I'll say I do a feel a certain type of way if you cop new kobes and wear em to hoop outside(but again do you) lol

Half the people with this take weren’t buying Kobe 5s/6s when they originally came out *shrug*
That's fine, I'd still feel better about someone copping these and hooping in them. At least if I try to find a used pair down the road, there's a higher chance the traction is still decent and it wasn't worn in mud/rain/snow/dog ****.

I'll admit I was in my feelings but I was mostly thinking of this dude I know who wants these and 1) never hooped 2) never liked Kobe or the Lakers. Only wants them cause they're hype. A true hypebeast.

I'm a bit more salty cause 5s and 6s are my grails. To me, they are the perfect shoes. I know my resentment should be aimed at Nike but they're not gonna read this.

Back
Top Bottom