NIKE KOBE VI PROTRO - 2021

Even the 8 went overboard with the colorways. Nike was capitalizing on the hype of Kobe’s. 8 was the peak of the line.

Yeah I didn’t care for the 8 too much when it first came out and only owned a few colorways, but that was definitely one of the most hyped models for sure

Yeah I didn’t care for the 8 too much when it first came out and only owned a few colorways, but that was definitely one of the most hyped models for sure
Yep and what helped it was how much th3 7s were disliked. Once those Christkas lights released it was a wrap from there.

Then soon after the Year of the Snake pack. Can't remember but I think that was the first time they released a Kobe model in several colorways for one release

Yep and what helped it was how much th3 7s were disliked. Once those Christkas lights released it was a wrap from there.

Then soon after the Year of the Snake pack. Can't remember but I think that was the first time they released a Kobe model in several colorways for one release

The 7 was also when Nike started the elite gimmick.

7s were indeed terrible. I was excited when I got the Christmas 7s and when they came in I boxed em back up and sold to a NT’er for retail :lol:

I will say I love the TB 7s though and grabbed a few colors from Ross

(Can’t find the pics of the UNCs not yellowed and beat up)

s-l1200.jpg

IMG_3700.jpeg

Oh man the 8s were a godsend

I went crazy on the CWs, more than any other model tbh

Never had 7s..Was always told they were uncomfortable to play in tho

9 elite lows were my favorite to play in. Still have my Beethovens. Midsole yellowed really badly though and need to try to fix it.

Anything after the 8 is pretty much hot garbage for me, there’s a few I liked back in the day but not too many

My trunk used to stink a lot…

But thats because i always kept scorching garbage in there…

16E73CE4-5681-46D3-A35C-AB8AD8A34FC9.jpeg

Heeheehee.

Btw, topic wise, reverses finally came in last night and their better than the og grinches.

But ima wear one on each foot anyway, xoxoxoxo

My trunk used to stink a lot…

But thats because i always kept scorching garbage in there…

16E73CE4-5681-46D3-A35C-AB8AD8A34FC9.jpeg

Heeheehee.

Btw, topic wise, reverses finally came in last night and their better than the og grinches.

But ima wear one on each foot anyway, xoxoxoxo

You was slangin diapers I see :lol:

7s were good. You just had to go .5 size up lol. Loved my lakers PDFs. RIP to them as the separated on me at a hoop session in March

nah half sizing up on the 7’s didn’t take away that the model was overall uncomfortable. I always half size up on my Kobe’s and it didn’t help. When first marketing and ads came out for the 7, I thought how dope to be able to switch the insole to have a different ankle feeling. But man the 7’s was heavy in the back and stiff upper and felt super hot wearing them.

I will say tho the 7’s had one of the best Nike commercials ever with the Success at Success greatness, every episode lol. And I’ll even go as far as say the hype started with the 7’s because that was the first WTK and let’s not forget the Galaxy 7’s which was PEAK Nike basketball with Big Bang Lebrons, Galaxy Foamposites and KD’s.

Back
Top Bottom