NIKE Kobe VIII PROTRO - 2023

It was neat to see them discuss past shoes in the line, but I thought maybe it Was going to be something other than the all white 8 Protro we saw leak earlier. Felt like a let down. I’m a bit torn on the all white silhouette, but I respect Vanessa’s vision with it. Maybe this is a way I can get into customizing my kicks?

And why did they have people submit questions bwhen they only answered a single one?!?

I’m happy that there will be more Kobe’s for everyone, & I really hope they make a lot of them.

Used to be that when Nike held a webcast to debut a new Kobe...there would be a substantial amount of comments in here when it was over.

Tonight...crickets. Guess that's a testament to what a great job Nike has been doing with this line.

The people who probably paid the most attention to today's webcast are the resellers.

It's a all white 8 protro

It's nothing to talk about. We already know what 8's look like.

Just saw Vanessa’s IG post about this and she said the colorway is called “Halo” and there will be more Kobe 8 models with that theme so I guess that’s why they’d release on Kobe’s birthday instead of Mamba Day

From my understanding. Each year on 8/23 there will be a halo release marking a reintroduction

It's a little weird, because they've already done 1, 4, 5 and 6

So they're going back and giving us all white 1, 4, 5 and 6's?

Nice that they swaped out Lunarlon for React.

No idea why they skipped the 7s though? Surely with the hype these days they can move units even tho the 7s are not as popular as 8 or 9s. Hell they can probably sell out 2s and 3s.

From my understanding. Each year on 8/23 there will be a halo release marking a reintroduction

It's a little weird, because they've already done 1, 4, 5 and 6

So they're going back and giving us all white 1, 4, 5 and 6's?
Yeah that was the “wait and see” piece and I would image what they are actively developing.

We’ve seen the protro 8 already because of leaks. Maybe we are asking for nike to do a better job with leaks in the future. It would’ve been a big surprise to see a protro 8 for the first time tonight

Screen Shot 2023-08-10 at 9.35.09 PM.png

....and it will be available on SNKRS for 00.00.01

Stay Gold Nike....stay gold...

IMG_0009.jpeg

Will I try for these probably. But I still think these are lazy as far as creativity goes. I get there supposed to be like an angel halo theme but I still think they could’ve done something better.

I will give them some points for changing the tongue, because I really forgot how much it diggs into your ankle.

IMG_0009.jpeg

Will I try for these probably. But I still think these are lazy as far as creativity goes. I get there supposed to be like an angel halo theme but I still think they could’ve done something better.

I will give them some points for changing the tongue, because I really forgot how much it diggs into your ankle.
Worst thing about the OG 8 since I always wore thin ankle cut socks before this silo. Switched to Nike elite socks whenever I wore the 8’s

This is the most important Nike Kobe release ever (IMO)

-Nike should be totally aware of how frustrated Kobe/Nike fans are about this line.

-Nike seems to have near complete control over launches and distribution (are FL, Champs, etc selling them?)

-These are building off pre-existing models with solid foundations long established.

-The improved tech being put into these is already existing Nike tech being utilized in other models (I believe).

-It would seem supply chain stuff for the most part had been resolved.

-Pandemic restrictions have been lifted, for the most part. I don't see it being a hurdle to clear like it was the past couple years.

-You would think they've had ample time to chart and strategize the navigation of uncharted waters (tragic loss of a signature athlete). They are Nike. If anybody can strategize this, it should be them.

If Kobe/Nike fans can't realistically get their hands on these now....it would seem that Nike doesn't want the fans to be able to have these?

There really shouldn't be any excuses going forward...

...None. Nada. ZERO.

Kobe fans want these. Nike should take their own advise when it comes to making these available to fans. JUST DO IT!!!

Have previous Protros been made in PS sizing? Would love to get a pair of Kobe’s for my oldest but the all whites wouldn’t last :lol:

This is the most important Nike Kobe release ever (IMO)

-Nike should be totally aware of how frustrated Kobe/Nike fans are about this line.

-Nike seems to have near complete control over launches and distribution (are FL, Champs, etc selling them?)

-These are building off pre-existing models with solid foundations long established.

-The improved tech being put into these is already existing Nike tech being utilized in other models (I believe).

-It would seem supply chain stuff for the most part had been resolved.

-Pandemic restrictions have been lifted, for the most part. I don't see it being a hurdle to clear like it was the past couple years.

-You would think they've had ample time to chart and strategize the navigation of uncharted waters (tragic loss of a signature athlete). They are Nike. If anybody can strategize this, it should be them.

If Kobe/Nike fans can't realistically get their hands on these now....it would seem that Nike doesn't want the fans to be able to have these?

There really shouldn't be any excuses going forward...

...None. Nada. ZERO.

Kobe fans want these. Nike should take their own advise when it comes to making these available to fans. JUST DO IT!!!
Bro there hasn’t been any actual reason to not put Kobe’s in consumers hands other than their self imposed restrictions. It’s been their decision the whole time other than when there was the contract dispute.

Bro there hasn’t been any actual reason to not put Kobe’s in consumers hands other than their self imposed restrictions. It’s been their decision the whole time other than when there was the contract dispute.
It’s like Nike all of a sudden forgot how to mass produce Kobes sneakers…. friggin crazy, they were like screw it they buy from the resellers

It’s like Nike all of a sudden forgot how to mass produce Kobes sneakers…. friggin crazy, they were like screw it they buy from the resellers
Yup. Buy from resellers - and so many hoopers are in reps cuz apparently they perform just as good.

Weird decision making but hopefully that’s ending soon enough.

Idk if these gonna be plentiful but kinda big reseller in my fb group got these already. Price is making me think that there’s gonna be more stock than the usual Kobe drops

Attachments

• IMG_8038.jpeg
    IMG_8038.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 162
Sorry to anyone who likes em but this all-white CW reminds me of the curry 2 low chefs. Nike Hype/PR machine is crazy. These Halos would be sitting for $30 at Ross if it were 2013. even the silhouette cannot save em. They make the mambacitas look like Preludes in comparison

1691896343426.jpeg

1691896366953.jpeg

1691896442369.jpeg

1691896586440.jpeg

1691896665788.jpeg

The majority of Kobe’s sat and hit deep discount in 2013. They’d do that now but his death (r.I.p.) and Nike making his models super limited changed all of that.

Seriously, people act like Kobes didn't sit back when they dropped at FTL back in the day. I could walk into a footlocker and actually try on shoes to determine what size fit best back in HS. Even the protro 1's and draft day protro 4's, wiznard 4's weren't selling out. Undefeated 4's were almost near retail on resell sites before his passing, but yeah, now everyone wants a pair of Kobes to flip apparently.

The majority of Kobe’s sat and hit deep discount in 2013. They’d do that now but his death (r.I.p.) and Nike making his models super limited changed all of that.
a few colorways here and there hit deep discount, not the majority. 7s maybe, 8s no. I know because i tried to cop the blue glows a few weeks after release and they sold out. Purple gradients also sold out quick. not SNKRS quick but still fast. i think only BHMs and TBs hit nike outlets and they weren't on hash walls, let alone Ross lol

Yea there were a few exceptions, and the 8s were at the peak of Nike basketball. All sigs pretty much moved during that Lebron 10, Kobe 8, KD 5 year. But for the most part outside the 8, Kobe’s regularly hit discount.

Back
Top Bottom