NIKE Kobe VIII PROTRO - 2023

I’ve gone from being a huge Kobe buyer when he was playing and up till his demise to not giving an eff about these retros. Sorry, protros. KB is rolling over in his grave at the way Nike is doing his line. I base that on everything he said about his vision for it. Nike just :smh:
I don’t give a flying eff about this line till it goes back to the colorways and ethos it was supposed to be about in the damn first place. Even if all these upcoming releases were readily available at retail, I’d pass on almost every single one I’ve seen so far because none of them mean anything to me. Maybe I’d grab Olympic IVs but offhand that’s the only one I can think of.

Man these colorways are atrocious

What's so "atrocious" about them. They're basic team kicks.

It makes me wonder if they're just going to put them up on Nike like every other basketball sneaker.

It's so much missed potential. The black Lakers away pair could easily have been the Amnesty colorway, while the white Lakers pair could have been the Achilles game colorway. Those were "basic" team colors with solid black/white uppers and no graphic prints, but they had great stories behind them and were pairs Kobe wore and never released.

What's so "atrocious" about them. They're basic team kicks.

It makes me wonder if they're just going to put them up on Nike like every other basketball sneaker.

If you're going to lean into the team Lakers colorways don't half *** it like they're doing. Just release some of the fire *** PEs that he wore.

I wouldn’t say atrocious cause they aren’t ugly. Def call them pathetic though cause Nike clearly isn’t putting any effort in it.

I know it gets hate but I like them. Wish I hadn’t sold my used pair lol. Can’t believe 8s are retroing but opposite in the abundance of the OGs. :frown:

Had some 8’s back in the day, but wasn’t a fan of the cushioning setup and thought they were too light… then Kobe tore his Achilles in the 8’s and I completely soured on this model.

Really want the Camo’s, but gonna try for the VB’s just for the heck of it.

Back
Top Bottom