Nike Kyrie 5

Played 2 games in the 5's. The first game was good, the court was fairly clean.

I was a bit hesitant to really plant, cut etc. at full speed, just because I don't trust the shoe yet. Having said that, traction was excellent (even squeaked), lock-down laterally was great. I still had an issue with a bit of heel slip, well not really heel slip, but the upper ankle isn't as locked down as the Kyrie 3. I think it's due to the shoe still conforming to my foot. The top of the shoe also started to dig into the top of my ankle - again I think break-in problems. I

2nd game was better still, court was clean. Only issue is that heel/slip top of the shoe not being as locked down as the 3. I wish they had an extra eyelet. Hell if the problem doesn't go away, I may even drill a hole myself lol..

I'll keep updating as I go on.

So far though the shoe has been solid. I have been balling in the 360 NXT which is next to nothing (in a good way) so the 5's are quite bulky/stiff and will take some time to adjust.

Had a shoot around this morning which had a lot of off the dribble work and slight cuts.

Safe to say my traction was great. Noticed the rear of sole squeaked more than the front if it heaps.

The courts I usually shoot around on are clean, whilst the courts I ball in are usually dusty. So it’ll be interesting to see how the hold up. To put in perspective, my Kyrie 3 (translucent) was miles ahead of the 360 NXT on the dusty courts.

Lockdown is solid laterally, decent 1 to 1 feel.

I did notice a bit of heel slip but once tightened it goes away, especially with the “lace lock” technique.

Still haven’t balled properly yet, so different types of movements will test the shoe.

The front “zoom turbo” provided adequate cushioning, but i’m a lighter guard. Not much in the midsole however I’m on my toes so no biggie.

Still this is an initial wear so not the most conclusive review. All early signs point positive.

Overall I’m happy with them and will probably cop a pair of the JDIs.

Will report back later.

Perhaps it was a production run that culminated in poor rubber used for certain models?

It's not like athletes haven't paid fines before for their choices, AJ1/11, Lebron jersey rip.....

I’m aware of such. Just surprised he hasn’t been asked by the league to switch up yet or that no news on this has hit the news/media outlets.

JS”

Maybe no one cares enough to say anything?

It’s quite possible. Usually going against the league’s dress code typically gets some attention from media outlets. Other players may then feel they can do the same/ get away with things and then it can snowball with attention garnering bad publicity. But like you said maybe in this instance it’s not considered to be a big deal.

JS”

PE drip
7AE59ADB-8ADD-41C8-99EA-D9880BFDBB19.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom