Nike Kyrie 5

I hated the 3 but so far loving these. I don't have to think about my shoes during play

"I'm appreciative that Nike makes GRs so everyone can wear my sneakers, but at the same time, I think they should only make PEs."

I tried on the Kyrie 2 low in-store and they felt really good.

Good balance of court feel and impact protection. On foot they look huge though, the midsole looks like a bumper car's 'rubber' protruding wide and also beyond the heel cup.

I would've copped today as they were 20% off but didn't have my size :frown:

7E174E1F-758C-440F-A3AD-1B95D4152D97.jpeg
E86E7C5D-359C-43D3-86B4-A6A62D836D3F.jpeg

Bandulu came in!
Straight over to the gym to get some shots etc in and as I feared the traction is straight trash!
Just like every single pair of 5’s apart from Patrick’s.
Don’t understand it, the Patrick Star pair is crazy on traction.
Thought the gum some on Bandulu May work but same as any of my other 10 colourways of 5’s... nothing.
Skates.
Think I’m done, won’t go after blue concepts if they release. Was tempted to try squidwards but not fancying pulling out big money for the very good chance of another poor performer on court.

7E174E1F-758C-440F-A3AD-1B95D4152D97.jpeg
E86E7C5D-359C-43D3-86B4-A6A62D836D3F.jpeg

Bandulu came in!
Straight over to the gym to get some shots etc in and as I feared the traction is straight trash!
Just like every single pair of 5’s apart from Patrick’s.
Don’t understand it, the Patrick Star pair is crazy on traction.
Thought the gum some on Bandulu May work but same as any of my other 10 colourways of 5’s... nothing.
Skates.
Think I’m done, won’t go after blue concepts if they release. Was tempted to try squidwards but not fancying pulling out big money for the very good chance of another poor performer on court.

Does anyone else share the same feelings about traction? Was about to buy a pair.

Definitely see what other people’s opinions are but I’d personally tell you not to waste your money.
Unless you can get the Patrick Star.

I have these -
Taco.
Black Magic.
Concept.
Obsidian.
Just Do It.
BHM.
Mamba Mentality.
Bandulu.
All Star Rokit - (traction is slightly better even with the translucent outside).

Patrick Star (unreal traction).

Last edited:
My first Kyrie 5 was the squidwards(have Patrick's sitting in the box still) and the traction has been great at my local la fitness. Sucks to see the other pairs are not good though

Spongebobs I heard are really good so it's surprising the gum bottom on bandulu is no Bueno for you. Got the Patrick's myself love the shoe

Bandulu is getting sent back to Nike tomorrow after a short 25 mins of court time.

Good to hear that the squidwards have good traction this does have me thinking about going after them on StockX.
Or I need to find another Patrick in a US 13.

Maybe it’s the whole spongebob pack that has a better traction.

Yeah Naruto Naruto i got the Bandulu thinking the gum sole would be a winner & thought if it was good traction I would go after spongebobs with it having the same outsole.
Bandulu has now scrapped that idea.

If I can see a video of squidwards on court & they are like my Patrick’s il definitely go for them, but so far I can’t find nothing on YouTube.

rokit has been working well for me, my only pair. got spongebob for my brother in law, different size so i couldn't even try it on. so i guess solid outsole might not equate to good traction.

Late to the party, but just picked up my first pair of Kyrie 5’s in the Mamba Mentality colorway. Looking forward to breaking em out on court tomorrow

I do not lol. I tend not to bring em during the week to LA fitness(unless im just shooting around to keep breaking them in) bc random bums step on shoes(been waiting for fall leagues) but I'll bring em tomorrow and get some on court footage so you can see.

I'll dm if you I don't forget my guy

Cool Appreciate it P PiotrJCasper :wink:

Literally just watched that same video Naruto Naruto
He picked up and mentioned how the Patrick has a strong squeak traction, that’s how mine are. If Squidwards have that too I’m hunting them down on StockX.

Id say K5 = K Low 2's.

I have the black magics and the traction is fine. They do pick up a bit of dust, but with a wipe they come fine.

Back
Top Bottom