Nike LeBron 18 *First Look*

Empire Jade's alonly dropping in China?

Yea, not paying reseller prices.

Unless there is another really good colorway dropping, I'll skip this model just like the 16s and 17 and wait for the 8s retros.

Ummm he didn’t wear those in the game.

So if they’re not good enough for him, then...

1601002317205.gif

I'm glad he didn't wear them in the game. Also, don't wear them until next season. I've long thought the first couple of stephs dropoffs in the playoffs were because he started wearing the next iteration of his shoe. It takes time to adjust to shoes with different weights that make you feel differently when you run in them, jump in them, land in them.

So I think Lebron would be smart to not put those on outside of practice unless he's just in love with how they feel.

I'm glad he didn't wear them in the game. Also, don't wear them until next season. I've long thought the first couple of stephs dropoffs in the playoffs were because he started wearing the next iteration of his shoe. It takes time to adjust to shoes with different weights that make you feel differently when you run in them, jump in them, land in them.

So I think Lebron would be smart to not put those on outside of practice unless he's just in love with how they feel.

He weartests the shoes, the shoes are made for him. They should be perfect right out of the box for him.

They’re literally “His Shoes”!
1601043134522.gif

That’s where I ordered my pair from, cheaper than stock-x, goat, eBay etc everytime

It's $280 + 20 shipping right? That's every so slightly more expensive ($300) than Ebay currently ($299). Do they do free returns or something?

He weartests the shoes, the shoes are made for him. They should be perfect right out of the box for him.

:lol:

Do you ball? Different shoes give you a different feel, different results. You sometimes want speed and sacrifice cushion. You sometimes want "court feel" and sacrifice padding and cushion. Sometimes you want cushion but the result is a heavier shoe. And that's just your own game. Take for instance the (overhyped but still relevant) decision he made last night to start trying to guard Murray. Well now if you've gone full cushion and upped the weight on your shoes, you're not going to have the best footspeed you'll need to guard that dude. And in fact on that one play where Lebron put his hands behind his back and tried to move his feet - got called for a foul because he wasn't quick enough.

So he could switch to the lows for a lighter feel, but he's been mostly avoiding those since they're tight as hell. I'm sure you've seen the video of him putting them on and basically jamming his feet in there.

So there's considerations with every shoe, and you can wear test them all you want in a practice environment, we all know game speed is something different. And even all that isn't touching on places the shoe could hurt - pain points - after extended use, or how the upper might hold up or break down under the stress of playoff basketball. Remember in some of those shots Lebron had the tongue up, so even then he wasn't wearing the shoes standard.

So it all comes back to - is now the time, with 1 game to win to get to the finals, or then IN the finals, to game test new shoes? Nah, not really.

Last edited:

1601043134522.gif

Does not mean there isn't an adjustment period. They feel completely than the 17, and he's worn them pretty much the whole season.

It's $280 + 20 shipping right? That's every so slightly more expensive ($300) than Ebay currently ($299). Do they do free returns or something?

:lol:

Do you ball? Different shoes give you a different feel, different results. You sometimes want speed and sacrifice cushion. You sometimes want "court feel" and sacrifice padding and cushion. Sometimes you want cushion but the result is a heavier shoe. And that's just your own game. Take for instance the (overhyped but still relevant) decision he made last night to start trying to guard Murray. Well now if you've gone full cushion and upped the weight on your shoes, you're not going to have the best footspeed you'll need to guard that dude. And in fact on that one play where Lebron put his hands behind his back and tried to move his feet - got called for a foul because he wasn't quick enough.

So he could switch to the lows for a lighter feel, but he's been mostly avoiding those since they're tight as hell. I'm sure you've seen the video of him putting them on and basically jamming his feet in there.

So there's considerations with every shoe, and you can wear test them all you want in a practice environment, we all know game speed is something different. And even all that isn't touching on places the shoe could hurt - pain points - after extended use, or how the upper might hold up or break down under the stress of playoff basketball. Remember in some of those shots Lebron had the tongue up, so even then he wasn't wearing the shoes standard.

So it all comes back to - is now the time, with 1 game to win to get to the finals, or then IN the finals, to game test new shoes? Nah, not really.

Everything you said is correct but still, the shoes are made for him! :rofl:

Yes I do play ball and everything you said is accurate, but my shoes aren’t made for me.

Imagine...

Lebron: Yeah that’s a no go, I don’t like those and they don’t fit right or perform well for me.

Nike: But we made them for you...

1601044279593.gif

Does not mean there isn't an adjustment period. They feel completely than the 17, and he's worn them pretty much the whole season.

There’s definitely an adjustment period and players are also superstitious and I understand that.

Has anyone ordered from shoe palace before? There shipping seems strange and the lebron 18 multi says instead of out of stock its saying product coming soon which is pretty strange . I ordered from them last night

That’s where I ordered my pair from, cheaper than stock-x, goat, eBay etc everytime
Shipping is $35. EBay would be cheaper since my size was $280, with tax it comes out $10 less than KC. Decided not to cop above retail since I'll just be wearing them casually.

Shipping is $35. EBay would be cheaper since my size was $280, with tax it comes out $10 less than KC. Decided not to cop above retail since I'll just be wearing them casually.
I saw that listing on the bay but there wasn’t a 12, cheapest I saw in my size was $370

Surprised KC didn't mark up the larger sizes like they usually do. That's a good cop for you then.
Thanks fam, I been copping from KC a few years I noticed when they release shoes on release date or pre order they don’t mark up for bigger sizes but when they get pairs after the release date bigger sizes be cracking

Imagine...

Lebron: Yeah that’s a no go, I don’t like those and they don’t fit right or perform well for me.

Nike: But we made them for you...

1601044279593.gif
Actually I believe lebron did this with the 11’s in 2013 playoffs when he debuted them...

Back
Top Bottom