Nike LeBron 18 *First Look*

The weight distribution of the shoe and the heel to toe transition feels better on the 17s IMO. The tech in the 18 is incredible, but in terms of on court. The 15s and 17s > 18s (for me)

What about the 16? Wasn’t the general consensus they were a better hoop shoe due to better stability and traction?

What about the 16? Wasn’t the general consensus they were a better hoop shoe due to better stability and traction?
I didn’t like the heel containment on the 16s. Stability from a lateral perspective was great, for sure, as ankle rollovers didn’t seem to be a problem at all. But lockdown in the heel area was a huge problem for me. I even tried like 4 different lacing variations and sacrificed my fingers (if y’all don’t remember, those were a pain in the *** to lace up) and still couldn’t get it quite right. They were mad comfy though!

The dunk mans fit better than the azg and didn’t understand why until I noticed the shape of the toe. The toe box is more rounded on the dunkmans. You can actually see the difference in stock pics too.

I didn’t like the heel containment on the 16s. Stability from a lateral perspective was great, for sure, as ankle rollovers didn’t seem to be a problem at all. But lockdown in the heel area was a huge problem for me. I even tried like 4 different lacing variations and sacrificed my fingers (if y’all don’t remember, those were a pain in the *** to lace up) and still couldn’t get it quite right. They were mad comfy though!

16s were hard to lace up? news to me, i laced all my 16s something crazy, yeah double laced each pair

The weight distribution of the shoe and the heel to toe transition feels better on the 17s IMO. The tech in the 18 is incredible, but in terms of on court. The 15s and 17s > 18s (for me)

I didn’t wear the Lebron 17 much before the pandemic. Had them for a couple of months in a rotation. It reminded me of the Lebron8, Lebron 9 and Lebron 15. Except the tongue dig into my ankle like really bad which made the shoe not my favorite.

I saw the Lebron 18 and I was excited because it was a low top and had normal lacing unlike the Lebron 16 but improved Lebron 18 cushioning.

I got hesitant when I saw a YouTube video mention poor lockdown and an uncomfortable tongue.

Re-lace***

200_d.gif

Well dang, I was looking on Mercari or something for a pair of 16s to hoop in for the cushioning. Heel lockdown is an absolute must for me when playing in lows. The 17 Lows are great for everything I need but my toes keep slamming to the front on hard stops and changes of direction. Half size up didn’t provide the heel lockdown I wanted, but my regular 9.5 is too small length-wise.

I only redid the top two eyelets and was afraid I was going to ruin the shoe with how aggressive I had to get. Brought out the tweezers and even used a pen to loosen up the eyelet holes.
Bro I thought I was going to tear the knitposite or whatever because my lace tip would get stuck in between the two outlets to pull them through. My fingers were donezo haha.

Back
Top Bottom