• SLH V2

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Any PS/V3 colorway

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Lows

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters
Is TTS too small with these?

I keep hearing people say go a half size up.

I’ve never owned a pair of 8s before.
I never owned a pair prior to the retro. I’m a wide footer and I’ll say this.. For TTS ,with them loosened and unlaced they are a little “snug” like my toes are lightly pressed against the toe box, but when I tie the up(for whatever reason) more space seems to be created and they feel “1-to-1”. I’m only using mine for casual purposes as I’m not planning to ball in them, if you are planning to, Whitt what I said considered you might want to go half a size up if you prefer more room, if not go TTS..

I never owned a pair prior to the retro. I’m a wide footer and I’ll say this.. For TTS ,with them loosened and unlaced they are a little “snug” like my toes are lightly pressed against the toe box, but when I tie the up(for whatever reason) more space seems to be created and they feel “1-to-1”. I’m only using mine for casual purposes as I’m not planning to ball in them, if you are planning to, Whitt what I said considered you might want to go half a size up if you prefer more room, if not go TTS..

I don't play basketball anymore, so they would just be for casual use.

I wear an 11.5 in 1s, 5s and 6s. I can go up to a 12 with Jordan 1s, but a 12 in 5s or 6s is way too big.

It's a tough call.

Yeah HWC took a huge nosedive about 2 months ago.

I wouldn't worry...there will be plenty of pairs that someone wore 1x that you'll be able to find for a steal soon or down the track. Just keep your 👀 peeled. Honestly once the 9s drop I think the 8s will be a forgotten memory.

Thats exactly what happened with the 7's when the 8's dropped.

I was able to get STEALS on the 7s that retroed, so much so, I ended up getting all of them.

Thats exactly what happened with the 7's when the 8's dropped.

I was able to get STEALS on the 7s that retroed, so much so, I ended up getting all of them.
Yeah I recently bought 4 pairs of 7s haha. I paid under retail for 3/4 of them. 2 worn 1x and 2 DS. I got DS MVP for $173 on Goat. Crazy to think that pair was had for under retail.

Is TTS too small with these?

I keep hearing people say go a half size up.

I’ve never owned a pair of 8s before.

You’re going to get mixed results with this question. I went .5 up originally, then tried TTS and TTS fits me best. However, if you’re a widefooter or concerned they’ll be too tight/small, you’re better off going .5 up and throwing an insole in them. Anyway, for me, I typically push my foot all the way forward in a shoe and if 2 fingers at my heel fit “snug” or very little spacing and they’re not uncomfortable width-wise, then that’s a good barometer for me that they’ll fit well. That last comment probably didn’t make much sense, but that’s usually how I’ll check if I’m on the fence with a shoe fit.

For reference, I have A Ma Maniere 3s and originally went TTS, but ultimately went .5 down and they fit me better than TTS. Obviously completely different shoe, but there were debates going back and forth on whether you should go TTS or .5 down. Anyway, if you went .5 down on the AMM’s, it’s more than likely you’re going to go TTS with these, vice .5 up. Just my perspective.

Last edited:
I paid under retail for all except the Dodgers ( I wasnt patient enough)

Mine should be arriving tomorrow, Copped off Ebay.
Yup same. I paid 212 plus taxes on the Dodgers. Annoyed at myself bc I didn't pull the trigger on a pair that was 185.

The Red Carpets and ASG I bought were both VNDS and under retail.

You’re going to get mixed results with this question. I went .5 up originally, then tried TTS and TTS fits me best. However, if you’re a widefooter or concerned they’ll be too tight/small, you’re better off going .5 up and throwing an insole in them. Anyway, for me, I typically push my foot all the way forward in a shoe and if 2 fingers at my heel fit “snug” or very little spacing and they’re not uncomfortable width-wise, then that’s a good barometer for me that they’ll fit well. That last comment probably didn’t make much sense, but that’s usually how I’ll check if I’m on the fence with a shoe fit.

For reference, I have A Ma Maniere 3s and originally went TTS, but ultimately went .5 down and they fit me better than TTS. Obviously completely different shoe, but there were debates going back and forth on whether you should got TTS or .5 down. Anyway, if you went .5 down on the AMM’s, it’s more than likely you’re going to go TTS with these, vice .5 up. Just my perspective.

Really appreciate such a detailed response.

...thank you.

Both came in this week.
I went tts in both and both fit perfectly. Everyone's foot and fitting preference is different.

Ebay's been good to me :smile: these last few months.

Unless nike releases the svsm, im done with the 8s.
SB, Chinas, hwc, SJ and MN are all i wanted from the retros.
Maybe next summer ill cop a nds pair of SB :smile: for the low low.
IMG_20210909_211109.jpg

Both came in this week.
I went tts in both and both fit perfectly. Everyone's foot and fitting preference is different.

Ebay's been good to me :smile: these last few months.

Unless nike releases the svsm, im done with the 8s.
SB, Chinas, hwc, SJ and MN are all i wanted from the retros.
Maybe next summer ill cop a nds pair of SB :smile: for the low low.
IMG_20210909_211109.jpg
Both excellent pairs. The Lebron 8 retro was so well done. It's still mind boggling how cheap the MN could be had for. Glad I doubled up on them.

On sizing . The Lebron insole is super thick. My normal size 11 was tight. the length and even the width were fine. I have a normal foot aka not very narrow or wide. So instead of trying to get a expensive 11.5 I just pulled an insole from an older shoe ( air vomero 5 SE) which itself has a pretty thick and comfortable insole swapped them and my fit was perfect. Keep in mind I'm wearing these for purely casual use and they are great for that. If you are going to hoop in them perhaps a .5 up is the only way to go. Also the thick insole should flatten a bit over time if you want to ride it out. Just giving alternatives if you are like me and the length and width were actually good on your TTS pair.

On sizing . The Lebron insole is super thick. My normal size 11 was tight. the length and even the width were fine. I have a normal foot aka not very narrow or wide. So instead of trying to get a expensive 11.5 I just pulled an insole from an older shoe ( air vomero 5 SE) which itself has a pretty thick and comfortable insole swapped them and my fit was perfect. Keep in mind I'm wearing these for purely casual use and they are great for that. If you are going to hoop in them perhaps a .5 up is the only way to go. Also the thick insole should flatten a bit over time if you want to ride it out. Just giving alternatives if you are like me and the length and width were actually good on your TTS pair.

you are correct that the insole is thicker than most other shoes and comfy af (definitely a pro feature of this model). If the OGs are any indication, they WILL NOT flatten over time. I had the triple blacks and beat them down and the insoles held up. I was 220-230 lbs at the time wearing them for up to 16 hours at a time working in retail. The

Grabbed the Sprites in a sz 12 and am hunting the Miami Nights and SBs. Can I expect the sizing of both to be similar to that of the Sprites??

Back
Top Bottom