Nike LeBron 9 PS Elite Review

I would agree $250 is pricey but they do have a different feel than the regular Lebron 9. Seems like they have more cushion. Just not the 80 to 90 dollars worth. Oh well I got a pair doe.

Quality?? real ballers stay away from these, there is no durability in these or the entire elite series for that matter.

We'll see how the quality holds up on these. If they break down early then they are going back to Nike for a refund. After one day of working out and one 3 hr pick up run they look fine so far. Time will tell...

Like a few have stated, the retail price is crazy but the shoe itself is excellent. I have 8 pair of the 9s and the elites are much more comfortable. That hurauche style sock liner realy makes a difference. I ended up buying all the colorways of the elite because I love it so much.

I got the LeBron IX Elite Away. I tried on the Home colorways and fell in love. I ended up buying both colorways

the lowcut sockliner feels better. it's like playing in lows with the pseudo high cut feel. kinda huarache style

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

Originally Posted by Gnarled

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

Well, it would teach nike a lesson for charging 250 for a $10 shoe
Lol. Ain't $10. Probably costs em at least 10 per shoe to get em shipped over here from China anyway. Material ain't cheap nowdays either.
like 6-7 years ago AF1s cost $12 to make So that would be what? $16 at most to make now.
Those shoes have much better technology than AF1s but it still couldn't cost more than $30 to make

When these sell out, don't complain about a price hike on next years models and on retros. I will not pay 250, even as much as I want the South Beaches. I'm trying to get a Tier 0 shoe for that price, I will pay for exclusiveness, I will not pay for..... whatever it is that they are using to sell these.

I don't know why people always forget the cost put into production, employment, shipping and all the equipment as well. It cost more then $10 to make a shoe, that should be pretty obvious considering how many people are involved. Also they sell to retailers for half the price so the profit margin for each shoe isn't that much but since the quantities being sold is in the millions then it all adds up, that's how Nike makes their money...not big profits on EACH shoe but rather mass quantity. It's crazy how people think after all costs factored in that it only cost Nike like $5-10 per shoe to make, if that were true, they would be the richest company in the world lol

Originally Posted by gameupz

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

Originally Posted by Gnarled

Lol. Ain't $10. Probably costs em at least 10 per shoe to get em shipped over here from China anyway. Material ain't cheap nowdays either.
like 6-7 years ago AF1s cost $12 to make So that would be what? $16 at most to make now.
Those shoes have much better technology than AF1s but it still couldn't cost more than $30 to make

When these sell out, don't complain about a price hike on next years models and on retros. I will not pay 250, even as much as I want the South Beaches. I'm trying to get a Tier 0 shoe for that price, I will pay for exclusiveness, I will not pay for..... whatever it is that they are using to sell these.

I don't know why people always forget the cost put into production, employment, shipping and all the equipment as well. It cost more then $10 to make a shoe, that should be pretty obvious considering how many people are involved. Also they sell to retailers for half the price so the profit margin for each shoe isn't that much but since the quantities being sold is in the millions then it all adds up, that's how Nike makes their money...not big profits on EACH shoe but rather mass quantity. It's crazy how people think after all costs factored in that it only cost Nike like $5-10 per shoe to make, if that were true, they would be the richest company in the world lol
I wasn't talking about overhead costs (labor, production, marketing etc.) just pure material cost. The amount of money the materials are worth vs what I'm paying for it

^^^
The pure material costs must be significantly cheaper too. Nike barely uses any genuine/full grain leather on their products anymore - I'd venture that 95% of their lineup is synthetic.

Is anyone bothered by the bulkiness and weight of the shoe? I've always been hesitant on brons b/c of it's "bootlike" feel. It just doesn't seem like I could maximize my overall movement when i'm being somewhat anchored

Originally Posted by vood99

^^^
The pure material costs must be significantly cheaper too. Nike barely uses any genuine/full grain leather on their products anymore - I'd venture that 95% of their lineup is synthetic.

sounds about right

Anybody have updates on durability? I'm prob not gonna pull the trigger on these just yet but I really would like to know how they hold up after a month

I only got to play in them 3 times because I have a torn deltoid ligament in my right ankle. I have the black aways and they were holding up quite well at least for me. I saw a picture of a guy showing how one of the nike checks was falling off though.

the little detail on the elites are very nice when compared with the standard Lebron IX. The padded to box, way the insole grips sock something Ive never seen in a shoe, and the lightweight makes for a very comfortable shoe that I dont mind spending the extra money on.

These shoes are fantastic, no question. However, for $250 you should get a groundbreaking shoe, and that it is not.

It's maybe top-20 all time performing shoe, and it has a lot of cool little tech features, but its just not there.

^This^

Haven't tried these on but I'm sure they are comfy with internal bootie.
I've seen people rock these and the gold on the swoosh is chipping off but other than that fuse, kevlar, and carbon fiber are pretty durable.

i think these shoes are fire but i just cant bring myself to dropping 250 for retail id rather grab an older retro for that smh

Originally Posted by si3n4

Played in my Taxis today. Shoes are a definitely much better for playing in than the regular Lebron IXs. I found the fit, comfort, cushioning, traction, and ventilation to all be improved. I would give these a solid 9.5/10 or a grade of an A. Definitely one of my favorite playing experiences in the last few years.
Had to return my Taxi's because the carbon fiber wings on both shoes started to detach from the hyperfuse upper just above the top point of the swoosh. Highly disappointed. Shoes played great but the durability is in question for me. Might get another pair of elites, but I'm going to wait until I can get them on sale/heavy discount....

LOVE the fact that the cushioning is less cushy than so many recent releases. Plays much better for dudes who weigh 200lbs or more.

Ok, I bit the bullet.  I sold off a pair of sneaks and a couple other things on eBay to offset the expenses.  I will try to give my full analysis on them soon...... 

Is it just me or do the materials feel about cheap to the touch on these (except for the carbon fibre, of course)?

Back
Top Bottom