Nike Lunar Hyperdunk 2013

The only Hyperdunks I've ever liked were the Galaxy 2011's and the McFly 2008's.

These are trash as expected.

Hyperdunks have fell off from the OG look wise and performance wise. HDs aren't even the best performance sneakers around anymore, not even top 5 within this year's Nike offering.
These seem like they'll be pretty good with cushioning & ventilation. I like the look of the "flywire" but that seems like its just for show.

Hmm....not top 5 rokky?  Please expound on what are your top 5?  No hate just curious

JS"

2012 were great. 2013s look promising indeed. Just not feeling the fused on swoosh under the flywire. Bring the swoosh back towards the heel then it'll look better. The midsole is the best part. Same price of $140? Hope they ditch the Nike +.

Last edited:
Nike only puts effort into the design on the big stage(Olympic years). Every other year they put out sub-par designs

They look like KD V's and Hyperdisrupters.

So I guess Nike is trying the sneakerheads by releasing the Hyperdisrupters?

They look good though!

Last edited:
Hmm....not top 5 rokky?  Please expound on what are your top 5?  No hate just curious

JS"
From this year's releases?

1. Zoom Soldier 6
2. Melo M8 Advanced
3. Kobe 7
4. KD 5
And then the 2012s.

They were my team sneaker this year and it was all well and good until they broke in after about a week and the cushioning felt ridiculously uncomfortable around the arch area. I played with all of these in the past few weeks and they were eye opening good, the signature lines are killing the Hyperdunks this year. I'll cop these too, just to compare but so far the lunar isn't matching up to zoom bags & phylon.

^ Interesting....I've been rockin with hyperdunks the last 2 years and thought this years were one of the best/supportive pair of kicks I've rocked in recent years.  I don't wear lows so Kobe's are out (don't want to debate about my feelings for lows because the discussions usually go downhill very quickly lol),  Honestly I haven't balled in J's since I was a kid (I've been hearing quality things about the products but ascetically I think their performance shoes are awful).  Intrigued by the KD V though. 

JS"

From this year's releases?
1. Zoom Soldier 6
2. Melo M8 Advanced
3. Kobe 7
4. KD 5
And then the 2012s.
They were my team sneaker this year and it was all well and good until they broke in after about a week and the cushioning felt ridiculously uncomfortable around the arch area. I played with all of these in the past few weeks and they were eye opening good, the signature lines are killing the Hyperdunks this year. I'll cop these too, just to compare but so far the lunar isn't matching up to zoom bags & phylon.

Hyperdunk 2011 Elites are better than anything on your list.

I will wait til i see other colorways and try them on to see how they feel. 2012s felt that best to me.

Hyperdunk 2011 Elites are better than anything on your list.
Meh, I like my Zoom Soilder 6 more, but they would be high on the list, arguably the best performance sneaker ever really. Either way the list was just of this year's releases from Nike, crazy light 1&2 would kill the majority of the list too.

I'll reserve judgement until I see some other colorways although I don't think those blues are that bad. Nike just seems to have run out of ideas. I'll always say the golden age for Nike basketball was from about 1996 to 2002. I don't think the heat from that string of years is in any danger of being topped anytime soon. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the technology and performance is in a lot of cases better now, but from a design standpoint everything is getting way too cookie cutter nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom