Nike Mac Attack - McEnroes forgotten gem

I hope Nike doesn't trim the height of the ankle collar.

They do it on a lot of Jordans, but that could be a Jordan Brand decision. Nike retros seem to be better when it comes to OG height. 🤞

About damn time. We’ve been waiting on these for years. I just hope they don’t drive up hype to the point that they’re impossible to obtain.

Yeah look how they did and are doing the return of the Nike Air Ships. Haven’t been able to sniff a pair of those. I’m expecting the same for these unfortunately.

Never knew that those that were worn by LeBron & Travis were actually OGs…
https://www.complex.com/sneakers/nike-mac-attack-retro-social-status-john-mcenroe
And the article also contains the link to IG post showing 2017 Sample which…, doesn’t look that good comparing to originals to me…

The color is off, sure there are other issues but the toe box is t chunky, they didn't just throw the dunk sole on it, and they didn't make them a low.

Honestly, was expecting them to be way more butchered

As an old OG sneakerhead (46 as of last Friday) and someone who's played tennis since I was 12, I want to get excited for these. I so badly want a pair, I just know, JUST KNOW, these will be next to impossible to obtain. Between the resellers and the Hypebeasts who want a pair because of TS & LBJ wearing them in the past, the true tennis fan sneakerhead who's been eagerly awaiting these will get royally screwed!

I want to be wrong, I hope for damn sure I'm wrong, but let's be honest with ourselves. These will be HARD TO GET!! Look at what they did to the Ships? OG white pair part of a pack that was available mainly in Chicago for All-Star weekend (unless you were SOMEONE who got seeded pairs 😒). Once they hit resell sites, prices were 4-figures.(and still are, $1,500 for my size) Nope, I'm out. Even singular shoes broken from the pack were in the $700 range (and still are). Then they make the actual black shoe available ONLY in Italy!! WTH!! And the next pair is a Collab? Yeah, that won't be available to us peons. I feel this will be the EXACT same! Sucks rocks.

Last edited:
I'd love to have a pair!

I thought I saw somewhere they were doing a documentary on Mac, this came to mind right away. Hopefully that stirs up some buzz around him and they release these!

3ED7119C-B5D5-4FC6-9D8F-8568AF422FF6.jpeg

https://sneakerbardetroit.com/social-status-nike-mac-attack-release-date/

*sigh* Just hope I can get a pair or two. I guess they just couldn’t help them selfs by way of making these a collab smh.

Back
Top Bottom