NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Just got a pair of Volt's in the mail and when walking around, I am getting popping sound  coming from the wall of the shoe over the arch. I think because it's screened with a stiffer material so when you walk it moves back and forth making the sound. Does anyone else get this? Will it go away or should I return. I tried a pair of the Anthracite's on and don't remember hearing the noise when walking.

Also how can you tell if your Volts have the new mesh? Been reading some of the one's shipping now have it.

Thanks!
As far as I have read, all the Volts have the old soft mesh.  The new mesh feels more like burlap and is rougher.

Just got a pair of Volt's in the mail and when walking around, I am getting popping sound  coming from the wall of the shoe over the arch. I think because it's screened with a stiffer material so when you walk it moves back and forth making the sound. Does anyone else get this? Will it go away or should I return. I tried a pair of the Anthracite's on and don't remember hearing the noise when walking.

Also how can you tell if your Volts have the new mesh? Do any of the Volts shipping now have it?

Thanks!
It's because of the last it's built on, don't return them they are good to go.

And no none of the volts are going to have the new mesh, Nike officially stopped production on that color way, the volts coming out now we're pairs that were stuck on back order, they aren't new productions

Last edited:

Also how can you tell if your Volts have the new mesh? Do any of the Volts shipping now have it?

Thanks!
I was about to post the same question today. It's happening on my black ones though.  

Ben is a good guy and a great programmer.  I am from the Boston area so I run into him from time to time at events.  I will be competing on a team, wish I was good enough for individual but maybe one day.

Misfit athletics is great programming. I would recommend it to anyone that's at the competitive lever. They have their regular blog right now at misfitathletics.com or you can go to misfitgear.com and buy their regional programming. They are a couple of weeks into that though.

Misfit athletics is great programming. I would recommend it to anyone that's at the competitive lever. They have their regular blog right now at misfitathletics.com or you can go to misfitgear.com and buy their regional programming. They are a couple of weeks into that though.
whats your thoughts on the outlaw programming?

I'm following the MisFits 2015 regional programming right now and it's some of the most mentally challenging stuff I've ever done. If you're looking for some great competitive programming I highly recommend following the regular blog while they are still early in cycle 1.

Ive done Misfits for 2 years...they overtrained me both years for Regionals...its too much volume and I LIVE in the gym...OPEX all the way!  James Fitzgerald is an OG and in one year he took me from 60th to 19th in the Region...

Last edited:
whats your thoughts on the outlaw programming?

I'm not a Regionals athlete, but I did Outlaw for a good six months last year. Weightlifting wise, it was amazing. Tons of C&J along with Snatch work. Really made me focus on improving my form followed by increased loads.

However, my motor sucks, and it didn't improve since Outlaw is Weightlifting heavy IMO.

brUTE Strength in my opinion, is by far the best program out there. I followed Rudy's (Outlaw) programming for about 6 months beginning at the end of 2011. Definitely improved my overall base. Started working with Cj (Invictus) during the summer of 2012 and I ended up qualify for regionals that 2013 season. Hurt my back a few months after regionals and had to essentially sit out the entirety of the 2014 season. Hopped on board with the gentleman at brUTE and they changed my entire outlook on training. Had a knee problem and shoulder issue during the open this year so fully dedicating my time to training was tough. Neither injury this year was due to the program either. Just a random tweak at an inopportune time.

I suggest anyone who is looking for a program that is not only run by qualified individuals in terms of their knowledge base, but they are the best of the best at what they compete in.

How long does it usually take for a confirmation from FNL? I ordered a pair of Total Oranges yesterday afternoon, and haven't received an email.  

Last edited:
How long does it usually take for a confirmation from FNL? I ordered a pair of Total Oranges yesterday afternoon, and haven't received an email.  

The initial order confirmation email is typically within first few minutes of placing order.. Shipping email takes about 1 or 2 business days

brUTE Strength in my opinion, is by far the best program out there. I followed Rudy's (Outlaw) programming for about 6 months beginning at the end of 2011. Definitely improved my overall base. Started working with Cj (Invictus) during the summer of 2012 and I ended up qualify for regionals that 2013 season. Hurt my back a few months after regionals and had to essentially sit out the entirety of the 2014 season. Hopped on board with the gentleman at brUTE and they changed my entire outlook on training. Had a knee problem and shoulder issue during the open this year so fully dedicating my time to training was tough. Neither injury this year was due to the program either. Just a random tweak at an inopportune time.

I suggest anyone who is looking for a program that is not only run by qualified individuals in terms of their knowledge base, but they are the best of the best at what they compete in.

Do you work with CJ and the brUte crew directly or subscribe to their programming? Awesome if you've worked with them. Met CJ a couple of times. Good dude.

Love the attitude of the brUte crew but their programming is behind a paywall, :lol:, one day I'll splurge and give it a shot.

Total orange/dove gray? Best bet at this point might be ebay unfortunately.  I was surprised they even came back out on FNL.
I wasn't really surprised.  You say "came back", but I don't ever remember them releasing outside of that initial limited run in January.  I may be mistaken, though.  Were they ever relesed on NDC?  I picked up the Reds on FNL 3 weeks prior to them releasing on NDC.  

I wasn't really surprised.  You say "came back", but I don't ever remember them releasing outside of that initial limited run in January.  I may be mistaken, though.  Were they ever relesed on NDC?  I picked up the Reds on FNL 3 weeks prior to them releasing on NDC.  
They came out initially on NDC on January 31st and I believe on FNL and Rogue as well around the same time.  I could be wrong as well but I never really saw a restock before the other day.

Back
Top Bottom