NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Managed to scoop a pair. Hopefully not too late.

Fresh- haven't scooped kicks on the regular but I remember FNL being notorious for canceling orders.

Last edited:
R rodrigofresh Thank You!

Second pair on the way (I hope). I went half size smaller than usual since my Persians aren't snug like I'd like for training.

Last edited:
Managed to scoop a pair. Hopefully not too late.

Fresh- haven't scooped kicks on the regular but I remember FNL being notorious for canceling orders.
Ive gotten the all blacks, amps, game royal and grey off FNL with no problems.  I did order 2 of the Frasers, so hopefully that doesnt create a snag.

Glad everyone got their pairs..... 

I am showing a full size run still on the site..... you may want to refresh the screen, or refresh your cookies... whatever that means  (someone in IT told me to do that).

-Fresh 

Appreciate the feedback roscoe. In your opinion would you rather wod in the lunar ultimates or the metcons? Haven't been able to try the lunars yet but if they don't perform as well as the metcons I'll return them and try and cop the frasers soon I hope. I do like the fact that the lunars are more exclusive tho
You asked a god question...I personally would use the Lunar for longer chipper WOD. However, if a WOD calls for more Olympic movement, I will opt with going with the Metcons. The Lunar were fairly stable when I did a WOD with 185# HPC. 

Also, the slight CAMO on the black Lunar is pretty cool I think. Hope this helps.

My lunars arrived. First thing i noticed is that its not as wide as the metcons. personally i have wide feet so the metcons fit pretty comfy (much more than nanos).
There is significant lift compared to the metcons too, must be the lunar sole. While wearing a metcon on one foot and the lunar on another the lunars feel more stable, almost like a lifter. Not sure if its bc they're not broken in yet but i would think they would be decent at the oly lifts.
The rubber grip for rope climbs feel like a joke as you mentioned before.

Bottom line, probably not going to keep them. Overall i like how the metcons perform so why fix something that's not broken. Plus i just ordered the frasers on FNL so excited to rock those at my box.

Hopefully the lunars don't end up being the new metcons...

I am showing a full size run still on the site..... you may want to refresh the screen, or refresh your cookies... whatever that means  (someone in IT told me to do that).

-Fresh 
Hopped on FNL and copped a pair. The Freshest comes thru again. Merci meng.

-Fresh 

Thanks for all your help, FNL should be giving you commission at this point, :lol:

Got a pair in size 10 and size 10.5.

I have Volts and Grey/Gum in 10.5 and love the way they fell casually, but feel too loose in them when I workout. The Game Royals I have in size 10, they feel snug casually even when unlaced. However, love the way they fell when I workout... like a glove.

Going to try them out, see how they feel and send a pair back... or maybe keep both... :lol:

yea the duchesses or whatever haha.  these are my favorites by far, been checking rogue like a madman but know i'm gonna miss it haha.

anyone have any insight on where we can catch the full documentary of Sneakerheadz Online? im not having any luck finding any streams

Well, I tried so hard to not purchase, but I just ordered a pair.  I'm 3 in now.  I like this CW more and more every time I look at it.  

Hey Guys.  New to the forums and jus copped a grey/gum pair yesterday on NDC.  I ordered a size 9, which is my size for the Nano 4.0.  I've been hearing of athletes complaining of minor heel slippage in the Metcons and some who even said they ordered a half-size down from Nano size.

You guys think I will be okay with the 9?  If not, I'll need to jump on a pair of Frasers soon before they sell out.

Hey Guys.  New to the forums and jus copped a grey/gum pair yesterday on NDC.  I ordered a size 9, which is my size for the Nano 4.0.  I've been hearing of athletes complaining of minor heel slippage in the Metcons and some who even said they ordered a half-size down from Nano size.

You guys think I will be okay with the 9?  If not, I'll need to jump on a pair of Frasers soon before they sell out.
I think youll be ok.

I wear a 9.0 in nano 4, and the Metcon in 9.0 fits just a bit more snug which I feel is perfect.  On the initial launch I bought a 9.5 and sent them back and waited and found a 9.0 and they fit me almost as if they are custom made.

Buy the Frasers just to be sure...

Try them all on in your house on carpet.. try a couple box jumps... the last thing you want to do is have heel slippage. 

Every pair I have is the same size I wore in Nanos and haven't had any heel slipping issues.

i say just go with your regular size. In the beginning i was a big proponent of going a size down because nikes tend to run a little longer than other shoes. ive gone back and forth between a half size down and my regular size (10.5) a few times. and i decided on sticking with my regular size. main reason is the nikes have a little bit of arch support so if you focus on the toe and go down in size the arch placement might be off and it will hurt our foot, also, if you focus on the toe and go down the top of the shoe will pinch your foot. so just depends if you want the nice toe fit like you get in the nano or if you can live with some wiggle room in the front. hope that helps. and to be honest, i dont even realize the heel slip anymore and cant tell if its even there. i have 5 pairs. and where them every day 

Back
Top Bottom