NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Interesting that the Chlorophyll's are at an even higher price point. I'm not shocked based on the materials, but I guess you could call this the Lux version.

Hey all, I just bought the Metcon 2's in black but I want to paint the swoosh gold (Angelus paint) and wanted to paint the rubber bit on the heel black (probably just nail polish).

Can I just paint the gold straight over the black swoosh or should I do a white undercoat?

Hey all, I just bought the Metcon 2's in black but I want to paint the swoosh gold (Angelus paint) and wanted to paint the rubber bit on the heel black (probably just nail polish).

Can I just paint the gold straight over the black swoosh or should I do a white undercoat?

either way would probably work. you'll just have to use more coats if you don't have a white base coat

either way would probably work. you'll just have to use more coats if you don't have a white base coat
Thanks Raf, I thought that too but wondered if the gold would be more dull without the white undercoat.

I figured if I have to do 6 coats of gold it's equivalent to 3 coats of white and 3 coats of gold, so ends up being the same total number of layers anyway. 

post some pics when you're done.

I'm about to pick up some glow in the dark paint just to see what I can make with it :lol:

Definitely will, post a pic of the glow in the dark when you're done too!

Will you be painting the rubber/plastic bumper on the heel? I was thinking of using nail polish for that. 

Last edited:
Copped, thought I would have to wait a while but was less than a minute. I see a few sizes have sold out so far but looks to be plenty left from the 9.5 and larger sizes.

Copped, thought I would have to wait a while but was less than a minute. I see a few sizes have sold out so far but looks to be plenty left from the 9.5 and larger sizes.
I bought a pair as well solely based on nostalgia.  Had a pair of the Air Trainer 1s in this colorway as a youth.  

Nice!  How hot was it yesterday in the stadium?  Was getting pretty toasty here in Santa Monica...almost 90.

It was close to 90 but felt hotter at the tennis stadium. hot for so cal standards. Checking the forecast it's only going to get hotter :lol:

Ended up copping for nostalgia too. Nike's marketing Dept is the GOAT :lol:

Last edited:
It was close to 90 but felt hotter at the tennis stadium. hot for so cal standards. Checking the forecast it's only going to get hotter
laugh.gif

Ended up copping for nostalgia too. Nike's marketing Dept is the GOAT
laugh.gif
Haha, knew you'd eventually pull the trigger.  

This weather is crazy.  Just like last year, heat wave moves in right when the Games start.  

It was close to 90 but felt hotter at the tennis stadium. hot for so cal standards. Checking the forecast it's only going to get hotter
laugh.gif

Ended up copping for nostalgia too. Nike's marketing Dept is the GOAT
laugh.gif
Why do they have the games in the middle of LA in the summer? 

Back
Top Bottom