NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Do these have similar heel slippage issues as other Metcons? Was never able to wear Metcons due to the heel slippage in the past.

Initially I had some heel slippage on the Metcon Free X but it ended up being the crappy socks I was wearing. Put them on with some good Stance training socks & no slippage at all. No slippage in the Metcon 4s either. I only had a had time with the DSX 2s, had to return them because of the heel slippage.

I Actually like how that black tech trainer looks. I might try a pair when they go on clearance. WOrse case scenario i don’t like them and send them back

Returning my metcon3s unfortunately.

The toe guard area is quite stiff and rigid...I was doing horizontal jumps and stubbed my big toe because of the rigidity. I may buy the flyknit dsx2 to see if it is any better. Hopefully I don't experience the heel slip everyone is talking about.

^^If you are get the DSX 1s you should be good. Very comfy shoe. If you are looking at the DSX 2s be mindful of the heal slippage that I experienced & many others.

Dsx 3s look dry....anywhere still got them in stock?
you mean dsx 2's? those are available everywhere at a discount. as soon as ndc restocks the free metcons in atmosphere grey in my size I'm going to pick em up to add into my crossfit rotation.

you mean dsx 2's? those are available everywhere at a discount. as soon as ndc restocks the free metcons in atmosphere grey in my size I'm going to pick em up to add into my crossfit rotation.

Well, I guess I meant the dsx 1....they're pretty much dry in the colors I want.

Nike missed the boat on the free Metcons with the huge high tongue. I liked them other than the weird pressure it puts on the front of your leg during workouts.

If anyone is planning on ordering these any time soon, get em on Eastbay with code LKS186T4 for $106.20 shipped.

^^I have a pair of the Free Xs, I like them. Just not a big fan of the big *** tongue on them. Needless to say I don’t wear them that much now.

^^Agreed, looked just like the signature shoe from last yr minus the gold. Last yr much better CW, IMHO.

I ordered my first pair of the Flyknit dsx2 during the clearance event at Nike...instantly noticed these are wayyyyy different than my dsx1

My question for those that have dsx2s are the bottom of the shoes not flat? When I'm looking at the bottom of the shoes from eye level I noticed it has a concaved shape. Is that the design or do I just have a defective pair?

I'll check my dsx2 tonight.

Really enjoying mine. Minor heel slippage first wear. All but gone now. Wearing thicker socks helps as well.

Back
Top Bottom