NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Took the leap on another pair of DSX 2s. So far so good, a tad bite of slip but nothing like before on my first pair.

Attachments

• 2EAA704A-17BA-4FBA-B4DA-7AA70BA130F4.jpeg
    2EAA704A-17BA-4FBA-B4DA-7AA70BA130F4.jpeg
    339.8 KB · Views: 25
Man I don’t see how anyone can comfortably run in any metcons. Don’t get me wrong they are my go to gym shoe just can’t do cardio in em

Man I don’t see how anyone can comfortably run in any metcons. Don’t get me wrong they are my go to gym shoe just can’t do cardio in em

People run in metcons? Sounds like a really bad idea, they are stable as hell for lifting but way too flat for running in IMO. I wonder if any of the new hybrid metcons that look like they might work for running would be as stable for lifting.. I already have too many regular metcons, don't need another pair so prob wont test them out anytime soon.

the frees are the only one i’ll run in. all the other ones make my feet go numb

People run in metcons? Sounds like a really bad idea, they are stable as hell for lifting but way too flat for running in IMO. I wonder if any of the new hybrid metcons that look like they might work for running would be as stable for lifting.. I already have too many regular metcons, don't need another pair so prob wont test them out anytime soon.
I’m not saying any crazy long distance but even a mile for me was a nightmare and I’ve Deff seen ppl at my gym run longer than that routinely in them

Has anyone used orthotics in your metcons? Curious as the metcon is very thick and different to that of a running shoe. I have flat feet and wear orthotics for running. Any helps/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Fraser with the 3-peat! Reebok's contract w/ CrossFit is done in about 2 years, I wonder if Nike is planning to come in a swoop.

it might be over before then with Crossfit suing Reebok for breach of contract

nike definitely gonna try to take over. i wonder of crossfit will do another exclusive contract after this though

I'm okay with the Games being sponsored, just not how it currently is. It's one thing if you want shirts, shorts, pants, or sweaters one brand but to restrict footwear is too much. However, I do believe Nike would make more of an effort to diversify the sport.

I'm okay with the Games being sponsored, just not how it currently is. It's one thing if you want shirts, shorts, pants, or sweaters one brand but to restrict footwear is too much. However, I do believe Nike would make more of an effort to diversify the sport.

The shoe thing is absolutely ridiculous and immediately puts non-Reebok athletes at a disadvantage.

Has anyone used orthotics in your metcons? Curious as the metcon is very thick and different to that of a running shoe. I have flat feet and wear orthotics for running. Any helps/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
I use Spenco iron man insoles in my dsx 1’s with no problems. I also have flat feet and couldnt wear my metcons without the insoles

Back
Top Bottom