NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

I rock a big fat size 7, so I can wear lady sizes too, although pink really isn't my thing.

But hey, it's just a color.

Damn!! Size 7 shoe!! Well, if you guys like wearing women's specific shoes... I think you would be ok wearing the LF's, I get it. She's a little hottie and you wanna support her and her success.

Happy for Ben Smith, killing it so far. Should be a good last day. Fraser or Smith. wouldn't mind either.

Girls got killed by that pig yesterday. Brutal to watch. Cake for most of the guys.

Brooke Wells in person. Geez. Stacie Tovar looks better in person. Not better than Wells, just better in person.

Last edited:
I didn't notice how much the announcers were dismissing Fraser the past couple of days until you guys brought it up. Really hope he wins, would love to see how they spin that.

What's this bs thats going on with the points and miscounts yesterday?? Cuz Fraser should be in the lead 

I'm confused: how is that Fraser is down 4 points going into event 11, score 20 point higher than Smith and still be 7 points behind smith? Wtf man!!

Or you should be paying attention... Not knowing when the CFG's end? Then, asking why are people wearing them casually at the CFG's? It really sounds like your a hype beast, SC jack and not a CF enthusiasts.
looks like you missed the point...

Well ok, back to the shoes.  Eastbay has a 20% off coupon code that works on the Metcons (IPEB57MC).  Comes out to $96 before tax.  Limited selection of men's shoes though, although they have a FSR of the new black/greys.  Scattered sizes in the women's colors.

Order at your own risk.  Shoes will ship in the bag from hell and not double boxed.  

$170 Australian Dollars which is equivalent to around $123-125 USA Dollars plus whatever shipping method u choose.

I used express for two shoes so it was $60 Australian Dollars which was around $43 USA Dollars.

So was about $145 for the orange ones.

Hope that helps
That's actually not too bad!

Does the math add up for a Fraser win if there wasn't an "adjustment"? Also don't the athletes sign their score cards, so why was Smith's score changed? Yea I'm a Nike Stan and hate Reebok so maybe I'm just looking for a conspiracy against Fraser.

Does the math add up for a Fraser win if there wasn't an "adjustment"? Also don't the athletes sign their score cards, so why was Smith's score changed? Yea I'm a Nike Stan and hate Reebok so maybe I'm just looking for a conspiracy against Fraser.
I believe Fraser was up around 20 before the adjustment. He ends up losing by 36, therefore the math wouldn't have change the outcome. Could've played a part in the mentality and strategy however.

Last edited:
Wow, that was brutal watching Fraser struggle with handstand pushups during PTTM2.  So close to winning the whole thing.  Hats off to Smith though...he was a beast.

Wow, that was brutal watching Fraser struggle with handstand pushups during PTTM2.  So close to winning the whole thing.  Hats off to Smith though...he was a beast.
I felt like I was on the brink of crying when Fraser saw smith cross the finish line before him. He looked heartbroken and it resonated with me haha

Games are a wrap, was good to watch them instead of streaming them the next day like I had to do in Germany.

I think he went way too hard in PTTM1. At a certain point he could have cruised a bit more so he wouldn't have had shoulder burnout.

But also, I think they no-repped once or twice when it looked pretty good.

They also magically didn't have any speed barbell work which is basically his huge advantage over the rest of the field. 

Oh well, the Nike thing might actually be a detriment to his career until Reebok loses the exclusivity.

Anyone else who went to the games think vendor village was super scaled down compared to years past? It seamed like there were only like one or two small strictly apparel companies there, with no other companies there. I wonder if reebok increased the fee for vendors, or put the nix on vendors who sold apparel. Reebok was the only one I saw selling shoes, when in years past, rogue, Inov8, and other vendors had foot wear for sale. 

I went there to get specific things, and my vendors weren't there, or the vendors didn't have them, big let down for me. 

Anyone else who went to the games think vendor village was super scaled down compared to years past? It seamed like there were only like one or two small strictly apparel companies there, with no other companies there. I wonder if reebok increased the fee for vendors, or put the nix on vendors who sold apparel. Reebok was the only one I saw selling shoes, when in years past, rogue, Inov8, and other vendors had foot wear for sale. 

I went there to get specific things, and my vendors weren't there, or the vendors didn't have them, big let down for me. 
I didnt make it out this year but 2 years ago (2013) when I was there the only Vendor allowed to sell shoes was Reebok.  Even Rogue wasnt allowed.  They could display their shoes but when I asked to try on a pair of Inov8 lifters they said they didnt stock any because Reebok has the monopoly on shoes at the Games.  

All this conspiracy stuff is silly. Fraser wasn't good enough over the whole event, simple as that.
It was pretty amazing he was still in a position to win even with one 24th place finish and two 30+ place finishes.  But Ben Smith was just super consistent, I liked seeing him get the W. Dude has definitely put in his time in this sport.

Was disappointed Sara didnt pull out the win, it would have been cool to see a Rookie win it all.

How about Froning?  The structure of the last few events absolutely couldn't have helped his team out more.  Making the final events "individual" scored events essentially takes out the potential for the women to drag him down and give them a couple more 1st place scores.  Would have liked to have seen a full strength Nor Cal team take them down.

Back
Top Bottom