NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

Looks like Nike is getting more involved with the Crossfit/Olympic lifting community.  First time I see the Romaleos 2 on NDC.  

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/romaleos-2-weightlifting-shoe/pid-10303749/pgid-11170835

Still debating if I should cop the Metcon 2 Blue Monday.  Still have several 1s boxed up sitting in the closet.  The struggle is real.  Not a big fan of the heel tab.  Any thoughts from those who have copped a pair already?  

Last edited:
As similar as they look, the difference in feeling between the 1s and 2s is pretty noticeable. I felt much more locked in
Looks like Nike is getting more involved with the Crossfit/Olympic lifting community.  First time I see the Romaleos 2 on NDC.  

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/romaleos-2-weightlifting-shoe/pid-10303749/pgid-11170835

Still debating if I should cop the Metcon 2 Blue Monday.  Still have several 1s boxed up sitting in the closet.  The struggle is real.  Not a big fan of the heel tab.  Any thoughts from those who have copped a pair already?  

Funny, I noticed the Romaloes for the first time a while back. Definitely a surprise to see them on NDC.

Concerning the difference between 1s and 2s, they may not look too different, but you'll feel it the first time you put them on. I haven't put my 2s through a WOD yet, but just wearing them around the feel more solid and locked in. I picked up the reds from Ebay, Blue Mondays today, and, if they are really going to hit ID on Saturday I'm sure at least one more pair will get locked up before the weekend is over.

After 8 pairs of 1s, I was really planning on skipping the 2s all together...

there are better cheaper options out there.

http://progenexexposed.com/

What do you recommend?

Honestly I looked through here and tried to find something that was decent and cost efficient. I ordered some ON 100%Whey Natural to try it out, still waiting for it to come in though

https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

that site is legit, if there's a protein that you dont see on there shoot them a message and they'll add it to their list

Save your hard earned money and spend it instead on the Metcons 2.  Protein powder is all the same. Your'e just paying for the name on the label. (And on all travel, clothes, shoes, etc. for their sponsored athletes) Honestly I haven't used a protein powder in over 2 yrs.  Ever since I've started to track my macros (IIFYM) I prefer to eat my protein rather than drink it.  Much more satisfying.  I know some people prefer the convenience of protein powder so I can see why they would like to use it.  Go into any local supplement store and read the labels on any of the protein powders they carry.  All pretty much the same compared to the Progenex products.  Might as well buy Shredz supplements as well if you want to waste your money.  

Cheap and convenient alternative if you want to make sure you are reaching your protein intake.  Just buy any of your local grocery store brand liquid egg whites.  I like to pour it over my cereal after my workouts with some milk and you can't even taste them.  You can even mix them in with some chocolate milk for an awesome PWO drink of 80/20 carb to protein ratio.  Endless possibilities with liquid egg whites.  

Yeah the 1s don't have a snug heel fit.  I had to drop down half a size down with the 1s and tighten the laces extra tight for a snug fit.  Should I stick with a size 10 or go up to my true 10.5 size on the 2s? 

I put liquid egg whites in oatmeal, smoothies, pancakes etc. Any thing that calls for water I almost always use liquid egg whites

Yeah the 1s don't have a snug heel fit.  I had to drop down half a size down with the 1s and tighten the laces extra tight for a snug fit.  Should I stick with a size 10 or go up to my true 10.5 size on the 2s? 

If it were me, I'd go back to your true 10.5. The overall sizing is basically the same, but the additional heel padding should snug up the fit enough for you to not have to size down from your normal Nike size.

Is it a one time use code? If not, can you post it?

richiemcfly richiemcfly they gave you 10% off?

sorry for the late response guys, wasn't home and my phone died .

it was a one time use code that i've had for a while

I'm sure if you tried to get code for all your troubles today some of you maybe successful.

Also, when i called to place my order the CSR asked which metcon 2 so maybe there's another AMP color dropping soon as well

I wasn't able to unlock the shoes through the email, so chatted a rep. She was very helpful and called me to complete my order.

sorry for the late response guys, wasn't home and my phone died .

it was a one time use code that i've had for a while

I'm sure if you tried to get code for all your troubles today some of you maybe successful.

Also, when i called to place my order the CSR asked which metcon 2 so maybe there's another AMP color dropping soon as well

Another AMP? The rep I spoke with confirmed the Red/Black for Saturday but that was it.

Another AMP? The rep I spoke with confirmed the Red/Black for Saturday but that was it.

possible, CSR asked which one i wanted. i should the blue one and confirmed the style code for him.

regular metcon 2 and Metcon Amp 2 has two difference product sku. Metcon 2 ( 819899) and Metcon 2 AMP ( 835438) with the last 3 digits that follow that designated for color code

Back
Top Bottom