NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

So I got my custom NIke ID Metcon 2s in the other and after 3 workouts (none of which involved running, rope climbs, or anything where the shoe was rubbed or pulled) they started to peel and come apart at the seam. Nike is replacing the shoe which is awesome but I was just curious if anyone else was having similar issues.

So I got my custom NIke ID Metcon 2s in the other and after 3 workouts (none of which involved running, rope climbs, or anything where the shoe was rubbed or pulled) they started to peel and come apart at the seam. Nike is replacing the shoe which is awesome but I was just curious if anyone else was having similar issues.
had the same thing on my first pair of 2's nike sent me a voucher no question.

That happens with the shoe every once in awhile. Man another 5 weeks?

Well luckily they are letting me keep my original pair until the new pair comes in and then I send the old pair back. So on the bright side I can beat the tar outta these things before I give them back.

Nike Training sent me the MetCon 2 - Homer Simpson Colorway. They take some getting use to. Use to a softer/ cushion sole for training but they are great for leg day.

I got my shipping notice for my IDs last night and they're supposed to be here 3/17, I did a volt sole/flywire/Swoosh on them. I have the OG Volt, so when they arrive I'll post a side by side for comparison.

Last edited:
Pics of my volt IDs. They look the same as jcrusen's IMO with the dull volt sole. Don't have an OG pair but do have a volt shirt and even more telling the volt flywire doesn't match the soles.
I sent pictures to Nike and that included a picture of my OG's out of the box from February 2015 for comparison.  I'm still waiting on a response, but it's pretty obvious to me that they need to figure out a way to make the soles the correct colorway.  Bummed to see yours came out the same way, but I will keep you posted on what I hear.

I sent pictures to Nike and that included a picture of my OG's out of the box from February 2015 for comparison.  I'm still waiting on a response, but it's pretty obvious to me that they need to figure out a way to make the soles the correct colorway.  Bummed to see yours came out the same way, but I will keep you posted on what I hear.

Look good to me... I'd hold on to them

Every pair of 2's has it.  They vented that piece of material and the swoosh covers almost all of it.  Odd idea, but I think that is what is going on.

New to this thread. 

Wasn't planning on getting a pair until later, but saw them at DSG and had some gift cards to use ($75 out the door) 
smile.gif

My pair also has circle vent above the swoosh as well and so did the other pairs that I tried out.

I am sure this has probably been asked before, but how do the 2's fit?
I had the black/grey OG 1's in an 11.5, but found they stretched A LOT, therefore I had to do the laces up tighter, which stretched them more again.
I tried on an 11 and an 11.5 in the 2's. 11.5 fit great but am afraid they will stretch again, but my toe is a little pressed at the end of an 11.
What should I go with, thoughts?

I had the black/grey OG 1's in an 11.5, but found they stretched A LOT, therefore I had to do the laces up tighter, which stretched them more again.
I tried on an 11 and an 11.5 in the 2's. 11.5 fit great but am afraid they will stretch again, but my toe is a little pressed at the end of an 11.
My TTS is an 8.5 and it felt good (had a little bit of toe room), but an 8 gave me a snug fit so I went half size down. 

If you think it'll stretch again, I'd say go with the 11, but that's just imo.

Had my metcon 1's in US 9 and my 2's in US 9.5. The 2's does give a snuggier fit. Only go half a size up if you're in between 2 sizes like the 9 and 9.5 for the 1's which was the case for me.

Last edited:

The overall consensus is to go the same. If you were ever on the edge of going up a half size on the 1's then it prob won't hurt you to bump up... Otherwise, stick with the same size..

Back
Top Bottom