NIKE METCON THREAD - 7s out now

So quick question, should anyone know. Are the Metcon Frees replacing the Repper? And would they have a much firmer heel than the current Free Trains?

i don’t think they’ll replace the repper. if i had to guess they’ll have a firm heel for stability on squats and the free on the fore foot

i don’t think they’ll replace the repper. if i had to guess they’ll have a firm heel for stability on squats and the free on the fore foot

Interesting. I had a similar idea for a trainer, along with incorporating a midfoot shank, like Inov8 had/has

20180308071354_original.jpg

20180308071404_original.jpg

20180308071401_original.jpg

the grey pair almost look air mag inspired :pimp:

that blk/wht pair is clean though

so clean. this is the most excited about anything metcon related in a while :pimp:
This

i am in for one for sure. Been saying for a while the only thing really missing from the metcon line would be to make it more flexible. I thought they could do that without fully compromising stability and firmness.

Those free trainer 8s look promising too.

Still rocking my nike free trainer 3.0s for a lot of my workouts. I basically deadlift in my metcon 1s still and squat in my romaleo's. On cardio heavy days i wear my flyknit racers. Excited to add some new shoes to the rotation

I think I’m one of the few who has zero interest in the metcon frees. Maybe it’s the colorways I don’t like. I’m hoping some new really great cws come out for the metcon 4 and flyknits...flyknits have so much potential and the wods were the only unique cw so far.

My primary concern with the FreeCons are how well they handle lifts. I weight train in support of my sprinting/long jumping and I was a bit disappointed with the Free Train Force in the past (especially after they used Ashton Eaton to promote them). I'm not an enormous fan of the regular Metcons, which I find too stiff for anything besides squats. I don't even really like them for cleans.

Finally found the black/reflective swoosh DSX 1s for $78 shipped. Lifted in them yesterday to break them in and then hit barbell back squats, dumbbell front squats, leg press, straight leg dumbbell deadlifts, and calve raises today.

I gotta say, I'm impressed. After lifting legs with Romaleo 3s until the heel peeled off and Vans Sk8 His/Slip Ons since, I was worried the DSX would be too cushioned/offset compared to the Vans and not firm/stable like the Romaleos.

Overall, they handled everything I threw at them, look sleek (almost like a pair of Kobes), and made me think about grabbing another pair down the line if the price is right (regret passing on the gum soles NikeLabs for $55 shipped a couple months back).

Post legs today:
IMG_3806.jpg

Finally found the black/reflective swoosh DSX 1s for $78 shipped. Lifted in them yesterday to break them in and then hit barbell back squats, dumbbell front squats, leg press, straight leg dumbbell deadlifts, and calve raises today.

I gotta say, I'm impressed. After lifting legs with Romaleo 3s until the heel peeled off and Vans Sk8 His/Slip Ons since, I was worried the DSX would be too cushioned/offset compared to the Vans and not firm/stable like the Romaleos.

Overall, they handled everything I threw at them, look sleek (almost like a pair of Kobes), and made me think about grabbing another pair down the line if the price is right (regret passing on the gum soles NikeLabs for $55 shipped a couple months back).

Post legs today:
IMG_3806.jpg
Where was that $78? Looking for more colors of size 13 DSX 1, not feeling the 2 as much.

Back
Top Bottom