Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

How do you guys like the practice gear? Got a pair of the $45 shorts and they are lightweight...but damn I would not pay retail. If not for the swoosh you would think it's a Tj maxx knock off. And the practice t-shirts are awful. Cheap plastic "ink" on the front and a weird cut, plus they cost $35 I think? They feel like a rag and you can just tell the neck is gonna stretch out. I'll admit the showtime flex hoodie feels really nice, but $150 for 100% polyester is way too much. And it's the type of jacket that will get snagged on things and pulled very easily. I'll have to see how the swingman shorts are but so far I'm disappointed in the new stuff available.

Yeah, I hate how alot of my Elite basketball shorts look like trash due to all of the snags. I only wear these to the gym, so I have no idea why there are so many snags on these. This is one of the reasons I went with the cheaper Dry Showtime Hoodie.

You're not alone - I'm pretty disappointed in Nike's NBA gear. I can't believe people constantly cape for ripped authentic jerseys, with the argument being "You're not going to play ball in yours, so what does it matter?". Umm...........if I had the money to buy a Ferrari, with the intention of just cruising the strip slowly and keeping it in my garage 98% of the time, why would I buy one if it breaks down whenever you try to race with it?

Nah, the NBA Board of Governors barely agreed on jersey ads just last year in July

Stern was alway very adamant about keeping the NBA uniforms as clean as possible and free of branding. It cost him a lot of money to not have the Adidas logo appear on any uniforms when negotiating that last deal
Exactly, Stern was okay....NBA uniforms looked clean as hell when he was boss... and white uniforms was home uni, not this bullshiit they run now..........and only uniform of the big 4 sports that did not have a manufacturer logo on it.I loved it,
Adam Silver on the other hand, is a greedy ghoul !

Exactly, Stern was okay....NBA uniforms looked clean as hell when he was boss... and white uniforms was home uni, not this bullshiit they run now..........and only uniform of the big 4 sports that did not have a manufacturer logo on it.I loved it,
Adam Silver on the other hand, is a greedy ghoul !
Yeah Silver is a cool dude and I think he's a good activist of a commissioner BUT he a sellout for allowing this nonsense to tarnish what NBA uniforms have always been :smh:

Yeah Silver is a cool dude and I think he's a good activist of a commissioner BUT he a sellout for allowing this nonsense to tarnish what NBA uniforms have always been :smh:

It was inevitable that the swoosh was going to pop up on the jerseys. What I'm disappointed in is, why didn't Silver just tell Nike "You can have the swoosh, but it will be on the back of the jersey, above the players' name". I don't like seeing the NBA Logo having to take a backseat to a sponsor. The majority of this board won't care now, but what happens if Under Armor or Adidas wins the next contract? We are going to have to put up with their nasty logos on the jerseys one day. Either that or we'll have to pray like crazy and hope that Nike wins a lifetime contract with the league.

Has anybody that ordered from NBA Store EU got shipping confirmation?

Has anybody that ordered from NBA Store EU got shipping confirmation?

Still waiting on mine.

The swoosh in the front of the jersey makes it official. Proud to be rocking the swoosh. :smokin

DSG has the Showtime Therma Flex and Dri-Fit hoodies 25% off but they are the non-NBA branded ones (they're plain colors, no NBA team logos).

Sorry if not relevant.

my small collection of Lakers Nike gear:

The T-Shirts are a size M, the short sleeved hoodie a size S, the Pullover in the middle also a size S and the pregame shorts a size M. All in all I stayed true to my usual Nike sizes and I am perfectly fine with the fitting! I am 6"1 and 165 pounds. Will upload all my Nike Suns gear either tomorrow or Saturday!

Yo... where'd you cop that black shirt from? Can't seem to find it anywhere..

Silver has done a great job with gameplay and rule changes, all helping watchability.
Sure, having the same two teams meet in the finals for 3 straight years , that is real watchability. Who the hell need a real salary cap.....we'll just put ads on jerseys to make more money, then everyone is happy :smile:

They run huge lol. I wear a large in everything Nike but I should of sized down... returning it to the Rockets shop! Somebody on here told me to go TTS “DONT DO IT” lol

Thanks for the replies. I tried one on today. Are the sleeves supposed to be long and hit at the elbow? Or is that just them running big?

Thanks for the replies. I tried one on today. Are the sleeves supposed to be long and hit at the elbow? Or is that just them running big?

Naw that’s why i returned mine. A size down prob would of worked but should of made them dri fit too

I still despise stern for the veto-ing of the CP3 trade to the Lakers and the Seattle screw job. I applaud KD for sticking it to clay bennett by leaving OKC high and dry :lol:

I do like the jerseys better without the ads and the Jerry West logo in the front :rolleyes

Maybe Nike can retro them somehow |l

still no Jordan stuff, and very little to no hornets gear shocked this is the case.

4B87D65E-ED1F-46E9-BBC4-BAF5D02EC3DE.png

I hope the jerseys don’t ever get to this.
Oh good lawrd that UPS sponsorship LMAO. I hope that never gets put on a NBA jersey.

Back
Top Bottom