Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Why would the Pels trade him now? They can get better packages if they wait until the summer. The Lakers pu-pu platter will still be available in the summer too. The Pels aren't dealing him before the deadline. You don't start a poker game until the guys with the most chips arrive at the table.

And let's be real here- if Magic and Pelinka were smart, the obvious trade to be made here is to trade Lebron for AD. Lebron is 34, AD is 25 and hasn't reached his prime yet. Lakers make this trade and they still have cap space to chase Kawhi or KD in the summer, plus they keep all of their young players.
I’ll keep this all in the nba thread after this but the trades NOW will be more ridiculous than later. Teams going for AD now want immediate return. LA was literally ready to give up almost their starting 5. Other teams will do something similar. During the summer people are going after the other guys. Imo the time is now. Pels really have nothing to lose becuase they’re trash anyway. You either get bad now and better later (maybe) or stay middle of the road forever

Last edited:
This. The time is now. The longer the Pels wait, the returns become smaller. Especially if His camp keeps adamantly pushing LA. Teams aren’t going to give up mind blowing packages unless it’s contingent he signs an extension. Again not looking likely. His dad just came out and blasted the Celtics. You think they’re going to give up a good package now or later? Plus they don’t even know if they can resign Kyrie. The Knicks moved KP to free up damn near the whole payroll to sign 2 max guys in the summer. Who else are they going to give up? The bigger packages always come with more time left on the players contract - i.e. now as opposed to his walk year.

I’ll keep this y’all in the nba thread after this but the trades NOW will be more ridiculous than later. Teams going for AD now want immediate return. LA was literally ready to give up almost their starting 5. Other teams will do something similar. During the summer people are going after the other guys. Imo the time is now. Pels really have nothing to lose becuase they’re trash anyway. You either get bad now and better later (maybe) or stay middle of the road forever

1. Kuzma, Ingram, Ball and a pick or 2 that will be in the 20s
2. Zion, Dennis Smith Jr, Knox, 2 Mavs picks, and likely a Knicks pick
3. Tatum, Brown, Smart, Kings pick, Grizzlies pick, Clippers pick, Celtics pick

Not a tough choice to make. Even if the Knicks and Celtics lower their offers in the summer, the Lakers offer remains. Of course, Magic and Rich Paul will leak out more rumors to pressure the Pelicans to trade AD now, but New Orleans knows what's what. Just make sure you guys bring the same energy on Thursday night when AD is still a Pelican.

Hint: poster by the name of Crewz on tigerdroppings.com, in the Pelicans forum, is spilling all the tea.

Not a tough choice to make. Even if the Knicks and Celtics lower their offers in the summer, the Lakers offer remains. Of course, Magic and Rich Paul will leak out more rumors to pressure the Pelicans to trade AD now, but New Orleans knows what's what. Just make sure you guys bring the same energy on Thursday night when AD is still a Pelican.

Hint: poster by the name of Crewz on tigerdroppings.com, in the Pelicans forum, is spilling all the tea.

AD’s dad blasting the Celtics was a leak considering it came from him?

1.) Lakers offer is the best and probably won’t change too much. You get young players now and don’t have to rely on picks that picks that couldn’t pan out if draft is weak as they say.

2.)HIGHLY DOUBT Knicks trade Zion after tanking and trading away KP.

3.) Boston ain’t trading away Tatum, especially if AD says he’s going to LA anyways in 2020.
If kyrie leaves they are in the same situation as NO now DAVIS and a bunch of Role players because all the young “stars” are gone

If they do they further prove why no big name FA wanna go there. As soon as they don’t need you BOOM ship you out.

Like I said - bring that same energy on Thursday night when AD is still a Pelican. If you really think the Lakers package is that good, AD would have been a Laker by now.

As for Zion - he might be good. He might not be. We do know, however, that AD is averaging 29 and 13, and trading for him likely gets you KD and Kyrie.

4 more days till this nonsense ends.

Not a laker fan, don’t care to be honest where he gets moved, seems like he just wants the Lakers so will be pointless for other teams

My point is you don’t trade Zion and I’m never high on rookies and you never know how a player is gonna turn out but as of now you really aren’t trading him. Only player I’d possibly trade him for would be Durant, other than that.. nah

D18-B5-ED2-3579-4-D5-F-BEFE-71-DEEB7-D78-D8.jpg

Got my s—t packed and ready to go. Just waiting for the call lol

Their returns suck too. Obviously not the best weather in the midwest, but I shipped a damaged item back 12 days ago and they don’t even have it yet

You'll be in for the long haul then, I sent something back and they emailed me that they received it 10 days ago and I haven't gotten anything back on the refund yet.

Not at all

Winning a chip in NYC means 100x more than it does anywhere else

Dude will be immortalized if he wins there

Statues and everything outside of MSG

He could easily be the Lebron of the Knicks if he wanted to
NYC won’t win anything with that terrible owner.

why are people returning jerseys from traded players? Even if Kuzma/Zo/Ingram get traded.. it's still be cool to have their jerseys. To me their value increases because they stop getting manufactured.

why are people returning jerseys from traded players? Even if Kuzma/Zo/Ingram get traded.. it's still be cool to have their jerseys. To me their value increases because they stop getting manufactured.
one reason might be that you'll be able to find those jerseys on discount once traded

Back
Top Bottom