Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

Anyone who hasn’t tried on those authentic on court spotlight pants should go half side or maybe full size down. Hate the way they are designed. They should’ve stayed with the jogger versions

Not as bad as the pistons. Ordered a Cade authentic in October. Radio silence. They ain’t even reply to my “cancel” the order. It’s cool tho. I got something for they A55 tho
I ordered an Ivey Classic and after months of waiting I finally called and got a refund. They running the team shop like a damn gas station in the trap over in the D smh

Nike ain’t pulling back any time soon, every jersey they drop sells out, regardless if it’s collectively coveted or not

I love that they overdo it, even on the jerseys I don’t personally like - the more the better. Gives me more options and I can be selective on what I wanna cop. Gets boring when it’s only the same recycled jerseys year after year.

I’m a Denver Bronco fan but I haven’t worn/bought a Bronco jersey in over a decade, at least. Can’t even stand to see a Broncos jersey lol

They already give you the Icon and Association for the Groundhog Dayzians

I ordered an Ivey Classic and after months of waiting I finally called and got a refund. They running the team shop like a damn gas station in the trap over in the D smh

Nike ain’t pulling back any time soon, every jersey they drop sells out, regardless if it’s collectively coveted or not

I love that they overdo it, even on the jerseys I don’t personally like - the more the better. Gives me more options and I can be selective on what I wanna cop. Gets boring when it’s only the same recycled jerseys year after year.

I’m a Denver Bronco fan but I haven’t worn/bought a Bronco jersey in over a decade, at least. Can’t even stand to see a Broncos jersey lol

They already give you the Icon and Association for the Groundhog Dayzians
Agreed. I like seeing new stuff. I’m a jersey enthusiast and will actually watch some games just to see what the new uniform looks like in action.

Agreed. I like seeing new stuff. I’m a jersey enthusiast and will actually watch some games just to see what the new uniform looks like in action.
100%

Honestly it’s dope that the NBA has new jerseys every year, keeps things fresh. For those that aren’t into change, get you an Icon/Association (which teams wear half the season as it is, there’s your foundational identity) and you’re set for a decade.

Enthusiasts like to add to the collection, plain and simple.

nah city editions were actually good back then. miami vice, lakers mamba, warriors chinese heritage, oakland forever, suns valley, orlando galaxy, bulls, but they only wore these good ones for one season and just like when you're at the peak of the mountain, nowhere to go but down afterwards. it's not really like the iphone where every year is an upgrade. enthusiasts like to add good jerseys, not just any jersey lol

now? the jazz couldn't even come up with a new city edition. the hawks recycled the peach concept (I would have loved it if they made peach the primary color, not black again). magic, heat and nets straight up ran out of ideas. suns are a mess. lakers and warriors are atrocious

Ofc this is all subjective but i feel like the majority agrees (fans on social media, twitter, IG, reddit, etc) unless you a diehard nike apologist or something. change is good for sure when the previous thing was flawed and you're upgrading it, otherwise it's just fixing something that ain't broke.

(by that logic i'll probably love next year's city editions just by default. i don't think they can get worse than this season lol)

tldr: keep the good city editions for a few more seasons like the statements, as that would eliminate the need for designers to constantly come up with something new and run out of ideas, resulting in poor ideas. would also help collectors tremendously tbh because you'd have more chances at grabbing authentics if they release them more than one season

Last edited:
What’s “good” though? As you said yourself, it’s subjective so who decides what’s good? All of the City jerseys this year sold out 🤷🏽‍♂️

Not an apologist by any means but I also don’t have a problem with a new selection every year. I like to add only “good” jerseys too, but I buy what I think is good, not the consensus/Reddit/Twitter. I couldn’t care less what the next man like. Lotta people hated this years Charlotte city, I love the CLT so I scooped. Memphis and Dallas were the only others I added. That’s a bunch I didn’t buy but I ain’t mad at them being an option for those that like em.

Can’t wait for next years allotment 😎

Last edited:
Also you’re kinda talking out of both sides - you want things to stay the same but get mad that Utah/Miami are essentially the same (with minor tweaks). What’s the problem? Lol

The beautiful thing about them adding new City every year is it give you a new option for those that didn’t like the previous.

You hated the GS City but if they stopped making new ones you’d be stuck with em indefinitely.

They may not hit every year but doing a new one every year gives you an opportunity to find something you actually like

they sold out because resellers lol not because people are dying to wear them. most dudes are struggling to flip them for more than 300 except for Tatum Celtics. There's a reason Oakland Forevers and Miami Vices and Mambas go for 700-1K+ now and idk what you would pick if you had the choice but I think the answer is obvious for most and you would probably pick those too over this season's.

why would you be mad at making 30 new styles every 2-3 seasons instead of annually? i don't see the conflict here with your "let everybody eat" approach. everyone would still eat and have more chances to grab a style they like if it's being produced for more than 1 season.

no I'm saying keep the previous GS city editions for more than 1 season, not the current GS flowers. that would also give them more time to come up with something better. I'm also saying keep the Miami Vice for more seasons, not the mashups. Utah? They have a city edition? show me please.

Recycle the iconic ones most people loved, yes, not the mid/bad ones. you're right they might not hit every year but IMO 2017-18 definitely had the most hits, it's when everything felt fresh and when most teams stayed within team identity/colors (not a coincidence why the Mixtapes last year were so fire too), and as years went by yes they still had huge hits but definitely less and less.

Last edited:
There was interesting news about Nike's MLB approach the other day. They basically called it "4 plus 1". Four main uniforms plus the city connect. The goal is also to keep all the uniforms more streamlined and in tune with the team identities. Granted, MLB plays double the amount of games and 4/5 uniforms is totally normal. It'll be interesting to see Nike revamps their approach to the NBA at some point...

There was interesting news about Nike's MLB approach the other day. They basically called it "4 plus 1". Four main uniforms plus the city connect. The goal is also to keep all the uniforms more streamlined and in tune with the team identities. Granted, MLB plays double the amount of games and 4/5 uniforms is totally normal. It'll be interesting to see Nike revamps their approach to the NBA at some point...
The NBA pretty much has this already. 3 (icon, association & statement) plus 1 (city) and depending on the team, a throwback depending on the anniversary.

The whole point of them replacing the City jerseys every year is so that you buy a new one the following year. And this is Nike we are talking about, where much of their marketing is based on FOMO. “Do you like this jersey? If you do, you should buy it now, because it’s not going to be around next year!”

New pickup in white.
B0935E81-23D1-4A65-85EE-91AB7926D74C.jpeg
E7D46DF2-061B-46A5-B5A9-9A5C7E5F2552.jpeg
213186AC-2903-43A4-9B3E-895DF525A333.jpeg
21AB58C3-AF76-4484-89B5-79D90CAA2786.jpeg
Black/purple one is older and tailored.

The NBA pretty much has this already. 3 (icon, association & statement) plus 1 (city) and depending on the team, a throwback depending on the anniversary.

It sounds similar but I'd say they function different It's already common to have 4 uniforms in MLB. With 162 games, they all get breathing room, and they always fit within the team's color scheme (historical or present). CC jerseys are planned for a 3/4 year rotation, so they'll have time to "fit" in.

In comparison, NBA team identities get remixed every year. The NBA Statement joints are structured to change as often as the MLB CC jerseys. Then we have teams getting new uniforms every year. Some of them are getting 1-2, if we count popular teams donning HWC regularly.

It's just interesting. Nike's approach to both leagues are so opposite.

Does anyone know if team stores sell jersey patches? I hate how the Nike and other retailers don’t have the ad patch. I’d like to add the rakuten patch for my authentic jerseys.

Where did you get the Lebron Statement?

Nike HK website has been selling this jersey quite some time already. Found someone who's living there

Ordered my classic warriors (run tmc swingman) back in October 2022. Said shipped no later than 1/31/2023 for the longest time. Just got an update that it’ll ship no later than 2/15 now…season bout to be over and ill still be waiting 😂

Nike HK website has been selling this jersey quite some time already. Found someone who's living there

Hopefully these will be on NDC very soon. They look real good on tv.

Back
Top Bottom