Nike NBA Apparel and Jersey Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Takeover

I think the authentics are pretty well made personally. Haven’t seen the Lakers city version, but I’m looking at the gold authentic Kobe jersey right now and have no complaints. I think as a jersey collector, my expectations had to change for authentics, being accustomed to the lighter replica and expecting a heavy duty authentic with triple layer names and numbers, etc but sometimes it’s easy to forget all of the innovation they made for performance and that these are as close to what they wear on field/court, and obviously lighter has the advantage.

For me personally, I disagree. If Nike wanted to truly go as light as possible they would just use the same screen printing they use on swingman jerseys for all numbers, names and wordmarks/logos. For the most part they have with the NBA logo and swoosh, but everything else is just a flimsy piece of twill. Adidas did it best IMO, very light material, but in comparison to Nike the Rev30's used different variations for team wordmarks, some were single layer twill stitched on, some were thicker pieces of twill heat-applied together then heat-spplied onto the jersey, some were heat-applied twill with mesh material etc. Then the numbers were almost always twill outlines (referred to as the base layer to actually stitch the number to the jersey) with mesh making the rest of the number.

That all said to say that Adidas did what I thought was the best combination of that thicker richer feeling materials but implemented in a way that made them comfortable and still offering "performance". And most importantly, you knew without a doubt the difference between a swingman and an authentic.

All good points, I wasn’t the biggest fan of the Adidas authentic jerseys truthfully, I no longer have the one I bought back in that day so I cant compare it to Nike, and I only have a couple of the most recent Adidas swingman jerseys which weren’t bad when they gave them the updates.
I like that people have their preferences on jerseys though, makes for good discussion.

I will say though, that Nike’s price point on authentics is hard to argue with and I’m glad as a jersey fanatic that you don’t have to drop 300+ on one.

Where is the best place to get custom work done on an adidas authentic blank? It is an Indiana Hoosier jersey so just need numbers. Does anyone customize with the correct Rev 30 material?

Yeah, I’m surprised jerseys weren’t on iD. However, they were available through team stores and other fan gear sites. I really hope they put up some customizable Authentics with iD exclusive opts for the future seasons. That’d be dope.

Anyone know how the sizing is on these icon swingman shorts? Trying to cop the marked down shorts on Nike... I’m a 33 waist normally but sometimes Nike medium shorts feel too snug. Always a hit or miss smh

Anyone know how the sizing is on these icon swingman shorts? Trying to cop the marked down shorts on Nike... I’m a 33 waist normally but sometimes Nike medium shorts feel too snug. Always a hit or miss smh
Nah you’ll be straight with the medium

I’m a 30-31 waist and a small fit me perfect

I'm a 33 waist also, and I went with medium on all 3 of my swingman pairs. You should be good.

After he hit a couple crazy buzzer beaters in this jersey and just the level he's been at lately, got it just in time for the ECF
IMG_9329.JPG
IMG_9330.JPG
If there's one jersey the Cavs get right, it's the black ones. Even two years ago, they got the black game 7 Finals ones right

Last edited:
Nike took their sweet time to roll stuff out

expect next season to be much better with more jerseys, more practice items, and hopefully customizable jerseys on nike.com and done CORRECTLY!
Yea... I’m waiting for Nike to come correct on the nfl jerseys years later...

If there's one jersey the Cavs get right, it's the black ones. Even two years ago, they got the black game 7 Finals ones right
Agree, had no qualms sending back the City Edition to Nike after getting the black one in, much better looking.

Also, just got the authentic shorts in, better believe if they win, I'm coming into the office with the whole uniform on head to toe :lol:
IMG_9353.jpg
IMG_9356 (1).jpg

so let me get this right....the Lebron statement authentic is sold out everywhere!?

so let me get this right....the Lebron statement authentic is sold out everywhere!?
Not sure how many places had them but I know when I ordered mine from the Cavs shop, that size was OOS shortly afterwards, they were definitely drying up.

Back
Top Bottom