Nike, NTer & Sole Collector sued by Former NBA Player

one of the most interesting posts I've read here.. will be waiting to see where it goes.

Originally Posted by Method Man

"Let the truth be told from young souls that become old
From days spent in the jungle, where must one go
To find it? Time is real, we can't rewind it
Out of everybody I met, who told the truth? Time did"

-
pimp.gif
.......Com

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif

-
eek.gif

- Meth, is NT going to go through with this:

We seriously need to take a stand on this. Don't be surprised if we start blacking this garbage out on NikeTalk. Post pics of the shoes if you want, but the illegitimate "nickname" marketing has GOT to stop. It's BEYOND classless and unethical - but then this IS Nike we're talking about.

KarmaCop-311x322.jpg

Personally, I think it's about time someone finally stood up to Nike and its horde of spineless marketing copy regurgitators for their unauthorized and uncompensated use of licenses and personalities. It's not a coincidence that each member of an orchestra plays the same tune. Every copycat blog site runs the same "nickname," tethers the same "inspiration" to otherwise forgettable products to give them a little extra push.

It's a vulgar, disgusting practice that, in my mind, reached its nadir when they tried to associate a hideous pair of AM95s with John Carlos & Tommie Smith's heroic medal stand protest at the 1968 Olympic Games. http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/1187522#reply-1187522

Unlike that nauseating, yet hilariously tacky, Burberry affair, this is one suit that does fit.
13z008w.jpg

roll.gif

Nike is just stupid for releasing "pack" names.
its a blazer with tie die... why release the inspiration?

then again these fake "sneakerheads" need 3 1/2 stories behind every shoe to tell people.
I hate when kids see my sneakers and come up to me and tell me the history while I'm making a slurpee. S T F U, I don't need someone to reciteKixandthecity articles to me.

Originally Posted by UNtroubled YOUTH

Good. Nike should be sued for all the copyright infringement they market. But then again if everyone were sued for infringement, street wear as a whole wouldn't exist. Not that that matters to me.

Damm Bubble Gum Soles is still around. Where is Dunk These at
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
???

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

KarmaCop-311x322.jpg

Personally, I think it's about time someone finally stood up to Nike and its horde of spineless marketing copy regurgitators for their unauthorized and uncompensated use of licenses and personalities. It's not a coincidence that each member of an orchestra plays the same tune. Every copycat blog site runs the same "nickname," tethers the same "inspiration" to otherwise forgettable products to give them a little extra push.

It's a vulgar, disgusting practice that, in my mind, reached its nadir when they tried to associate a hideous pair of AM95s with John Carlos & Tommie Smith's heroic medal stand protest at the 1968 Olympic Games. http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/1187522#reply-1187522

Unlike that nauseating, yet hilariously tacky, Burberry affair, this is one suit that does fit.
13z008w.jpg

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Wow @ the "he should be grateful" comments. Ridiculous.

A company is going to make millions of dollars in sales off my earned name/image and I should just sit on my thumbs and be happy because they included me! Yayim back in the game! Give me a break. Im all for the censorship of the viral marketing, its getting sick and Nike knows EXACTLY what they are doing. Having thepower to control and send out all the information they want to be "masked" through the news and blog sites keeps them in the clear. All large corpsdo this, its no surprise, but it is offensive and sickening. The nicknames alone have sold the shoe for years and its what drives their market today...AND THEYDONT PAY A CENT! Ridiculous.

have other people/celebrities/public figures been compensated for their names on sneakers? the various artists and such who have leant their names to differentNikes...did they all have deals with Nike set up?

I would think these people that own the rights to their name and likeness should be able to strike deals and should know about things like this going on.

Back
Top Bottom